Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahha can we please merge this thread with that Tom Mitchell - Why the hype thread? The same salty opo supporters who now have egg on their face. head f***ed by hawthorn again.

Yep, there's more irrational hawk-hating salt flowing out of the main board at the moment than there is in the entire Pacific Ocean....

That Kane Cornes article is the stuff of legend. Would love the opportunity to ask him about it on his talk show. I've tried on multiple occasions to get through, but they only seem to take about seven callers per night, who all coincidentally agree with everything Fireman Kornes has to say. O'Meara is a super, super player.

Is he a top 5 player in the comp yet?

Well obviously not. I imagine he would have been at this point in his career was it not for his injury though.

I think that even at 80% of his original potential Jaeger would be an AA level player. His form since halfway through the season has been fantatic, so hopefully he can continue with this into next session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Ablett casually jogging along 50 meters back as O'Meara kicks the game sealing score? But I could have sworn that O'Meara had just been hanging off Ablett at the Hawthorn defensive 50 arc just moments before. It doesn't make sense. My eyes must be deceiving me.

It is interesting, though, how the big three for Geelong are so sullied with the reputation of being one-way runners when there is video evidence like this of them standing up and pushing hard in the dying seconds of the game. Jeager, though, poor effort on that sprint up the field. Uncalled for.

Is that Ablett casually jogging along 50 meters back as O'Meara kicks the game sealing score? But I could have sworn that O'Meara had just been hanging off Ablett at the Hawthorn defensive 50 arc just moments before. It doesn't make sense. My eyes must be deceiving me.

It is interesting, though, how the big three for Geelong are so sullied with the reputation of being one-way runners when there is video evidence like this of them standing up and pushing hard in the dying seconds of the game. Jeager, though, poor effort on that sprint up the field. Uncalled for.

This was highlighted on the couch last night. Geelong's effort was appalling, considering the state of the game at the time.

Listen to the commentary around then, frothing about how the ball will just bounce Ablett's way and keep an eye out. Ball needed to bounce a long ******* way back after Ceglar laid a slipper into it.

Indictment on the Geelong defence that it ever got to him. I find this focus on a single play because it happened toward the end to be shallow analysis for lazy talking heads. Where was O'Meara for Ablett's 3 goals?
It's important in the case for O'Meara since he's not only able to sprint late in games he can out run most players in the AFL.

Indictment on the Geelong defence that it ever got to him. I find this focus on a single play because it happened toward the end to be shallow analysis for lazy talking heads. Where was O'Meara for Ablett's 3 goals?
Why are you trying so hard not to credit him?

When the game was on the line he ran hard, got in to a dangerous place and kicked the game winning goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back