Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad when you see where he started, the gap he put on his opponent and the fact it was the game winning goal with a minute left in the game.

BJK#5 what show was this taken from?

Great footage.

Indictment on the Geelong defence that it ever got to him. I find this focus on a single play because it happened toward the end to be shallow analysis for lazy talking heads. Where was O'Meara for Ablett's 3 goals?
Not his direct opponent I would have thought.
His first was a gift from the umps when he tripped over after collecting Smith high
He had that one on 50 in broken play who I don't know was on him and the other from the stoppage he got goal side of Burgoyne

Indictment on the Geelong defence that it ever got to him
Yeah. Pretty ordinary effort by Tom Stewart not to have any sort of impact on that last play.

For a supposed gun defender, he makes a habit of being there, but not quite there as the opposition kick a goal. I saw him get outmarked by Luke Breust for another goal earlier in the game.

I find this focus on a single play because it happened toward the end to be shallow analysis for lazy talking heads.
Where was O'Meara for Ablett's 3 goals?
A better question would be "Where was Joel Selwood while Hawthorn was taking a stranglehold on the game and Dangerfield and Ablett were doing their bit to stem the tide?"

Coaches votes for Dangerfield, Ablett, Burgoyne, O'Meara, Smith, Worpel and Mitchell.
None for Joelie. He must be the Holy Ghost of that Holy Trinity.

Last edited:
Back to the level of a pretty good player. Unsure how much improvement is left without really testing the knee.

Yeah. Pretty ordinary effort by Tom Stewart not to have any sort of impact on that last play.

For a supposed gun defender, he makes a habit of being there, but not quite there as the opposition kick a goal. I saw him get outmarked by Luke Breust for another goal earlier in the game.

A better question would be "Where was Joel Selwood while Hawthorn was taking a stranglehold on the game and Dangerfield and Ablett were doing their bit to stem the tide?"

Coaches votes for Dangerfield, Ablett, Burgoyne, O'Meara, Smith, Worpel and Mitchell.
None for Joelie. He must be the Holy Ghost of that Holy Trinity.

I thought you had me on ignore Chewy!

When you decide to post something relevant, reply to me again.

Both Selwood and Stewart kicked the ball directly to Hawthorn in the last minute of the round 2 game this year that went down to the wire.

Sometimes it just works out that way.

Sometimes a player from the Hawks gets to be the hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you trying so hard not to credit him?

When the game was on the line he ran hard, got in to a dangerous place and kicked the game winning goal.

Sure it's nice, not trying to discredit him, I think the gushing in here is a bit over the top though - especially when it's mixed with a stream of invective directed at Ablett, who was easily the better player on the day.

Where the hell is Guthrie going? He gets Burke and Wills lost

Took a risk and made an option on the wing - if he had have run straight he might have made the contest but Geelong still had to kick a goal to win.

Not bad when you see where he started, the gap he put on his opponent and the fact it was the game winning goal with a minute left in the game.

That footage is so, so damning of Ablett. Yes Gaz played a great game on Saturday but it counts for little if, in the last minute of play, you're content to walk down the middle of the ground while your direct opponent is running to the contest to kick the winning goal. If I was on the Geelong coaching panel I'd be tearing shreds off him for that. Brownless said he was lazy - it's hard to disagree when you see this footage.

Where the hell is Guthrie going? He gets Burke and Wills lost

As much as I hate Guthrie, he got himself into space and would have been an easy link up kick if we won the ball at half back.
Once we didn't win it, he tried to dover off defensively, but couldn't.

Fair risk to take, I rather try winning the game and risk losing by 11 points than just playing safe.

As much as I hate Guthrie, he got himself into space and would have been an easy link up kick if we won the ball at half back.
Once we didn't win it, he tried to dover off defensively, but couldn't.

Fair risk to take, I rather try winning the game and risk losing by 11 points than just playing safe.

So him and Gazza were setting up the "offensive" zone :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back