Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

From what we can see here it is actually:

A) JOM isn’t that damaging. In spite of having something ridiculous like 26 possessions to half time the team was still down by 30 odd points.
B) We shouldn’t have bothered changing tactics, partly due to A.

Jeez, Paddy Cripps must be utter garbage then. He gets a truckload of possessions every week but his impact must be negligible because Carlton get towelled up in most of those games.

Good for him if it does happen, but if it does then it's taken a lot longer than hawk fans said it would
Which Hawks fans? Most reasonable ones expected it to take time. First year was a right off and has been really good (not great) in the 2 years since. If he can go to that next level this season I would say it was about on pace with my expectations, anyone who thought he was just going to come back and dominate was expecting too much.

Which Hawks fans? Most reasonable ones expected it to take time. First year was a right off and has been really good (not great) in the 2 years since. If he can go to that next level this season I would say it was about on pace with my expectations, anyone who thought he was just going to come back and dominate was expecting too much.

Go back to when the hawks got him, on BF the general consensus from the hawk delusional was he was going to be an absolute star of the competition in his 2nd year.

However, I have no idea where that nuffie got the failing comment from, truly bizarre the crap some people come up with

Go back to when the hawks got him, on BF the general consensus from the hawk delusional was he was going to be an absolute star of the competition in his 2nd year.

However, I have no idea where that nuffie got the failing comment from, truly bizarre the crap some people come up with
I mean I don’t doubt some people would have, every new addition to every club is always going to be ‘the next big thing’.

Not sure you can throw all Hawk fans under that bus, most would be very happy with how he is tracking.

I mean I don’t doubt some people would have, every new addition to every club is always going to be ‘the next big thing’.

Not sure you can throw all Hawk fans under that bus, most would be very happy with how he is tracking.

I think it would be safe for you to presume that when i use the term 'general consensus' it would not meaning every single hawthorn supporter who has eve logged onto bigfooty and contributed. However the majority did, if you don't believe me go back and check for yourself

I think it would be safe for you to presume that when i use the term 'general consensus' it would not meaning every single hawthorn supporter who has eve logged onto bigfooty and contributed. However the majority did, if you don't believe me go back and check for yourself
Again i think you are overestimating what % of Hawk fans were large participants in that thread. It would not be a huge amount, as a die hard Hawk fan that has spent a large amount of time in forums like this talking about Jaeger with fellow Hawk fans most were not expecting him to be a star within two years.

99% of threads on the Draft and trade board are filled with s**t flinging and **** swinging, i would not read much in to what is said in those.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again i think you are overestimating what % of Hawk fans were large participants in that thread. It would not be a huge amount, as a die hard Hawk fan that has spent a large amount of time in forums like this talking about Jaeger with fellow Hawk fans most were not expecting him to be a star within two years.

99% of threads on the Draft and trade board are filled with s**t flinging and **** swinging, i would not read much in to what is said in those.

Go back and have a look

Go back and have a look
I don't need to, i am not arguing that Hawks fans were in the thread talking s**t. But every thread is filled with supporters talking s**t on that board. Just like how most opposition supporters were saying he will never play again, i don't take the comments that seriously.

Most Hawk fans were very realistic on where Jaeger was at when he came to the club.

Is a good player but unfortunately don't see him being much more. However if Worpel kicks on he is a pretty handy 3rd mid behind Titch and Worpel. One of those players who is a victim of huge hype when they are a teenager

Is a good player but unfortunately don't see him being much more. However if Worpel kicks on he is a pretty handy 3rd mid behind Titch and Worpel. One of those players who is a victim of huge hype when they are a teenager

The hype was more than justified.

If he had a clean injury record he would have a Brownlow by now.

That would he a big step up for chad. Jury still very much out on mitchell after his severe injury.
Who’s the jury? You?
No reason Mitchell won’t return to the lofty heights, out of all leg breaks, his was the one to have, clean break.
With a much deeper midfield around him now I dare say he’ll average mid 30s again by round 5.

Who’s the jury? You?
No reason Mitchell won’t return to the lofty heights, out of all leg breaks, his was the one to have, clean break.
With a much deeper midfield around him now I dare say he’ll average mid 30s again by round 5.

Severe leg breaks can impact longer than people think. Numbers not that relevent as despite his brownlow, most wouldnt have him in the best 6 midfielders in the league.

time will tell.

Severe leg breaks can impact longer than people think. Numbers not that relevent as despite his brownlow, most wouldnt have him in the best 6 midfielders in the league.

time will tell.
Most of who?

Because the umpires has him as the best
Players had him as the best
Coaches had him as the 2nd best

So that is just straight up wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back