Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of who?

Because the umpires has him as the best
Players had him as the best
Coaches had him as the 2nd best

So that is just straight up wrong.

Dusty, cripps, fyfe, neale. Pendlebury , danger... all would be preferred above mitchell. Ask some non hawthorn people.

Dusty, cripps, fyfe, neale. Pendlebury , danger... all would be preferred above mitchell. Ask some non hawthorn people.
Like that is an opinion... You said most would not have him in the top 6 mids in the comp, last time he was fit coaches, players, umpires and a lot of media had him best or 2nd best. That is a fact.

I’d take Bontempelli and Grundy over Mitchell too.

He also doesn’t retain his top status after a year out of the game, and will need to re-assert himself as in the top echelon of midfielders again.

He also doesn’t retain his top status after a year out of the game, and will need to re-assert himself as in the top echelon of midfielders again.
That wasn't what he said though, i agree he needs to prove himself before being ranked among the top guys again. I would take a heap of players before him currently to avoid the injury risk.

He said despite the Brownlow most wouldn't have had him in the top 6 mid's, talking about pre injury. When last fit he was judged to be well inside that by just about every judge in football.

That wasn't what he said though, i agree he needs to prove himself before being ranked among the top guys again. I would take a heap of players before him currently to avoid the injury risk.

He said despite the Brownlow most wouldn't have had him in the top 6 mid's, talking about pre injury. When last fit he was judged to be well inside that by just about every judge in football.

Lets see on here who agrees with me or u? Hawks fans dont count.

I couldn't care less lol, i rate the opinions of the players and coaches a lot higher than some random fans mate.

So u agree with me? Players are sheep and listen to meaningless stats. He had one good year the other guys have had 6-10 good years... the crouch brothers get a lot of stats as well.

So u agree with me? Players are sheep and listen to meaningless stats. He had one good year the other guys have had 6-10 good years... the crouch brothers get a lot of stats as well.
Players are sheep but supporters aren't? You didn't mention the coaches either i see.

He had one good year?

In 2017 he was

2nd in the Brownlow
5th in the coaches votes
6th in the MVP (5th among midfielders alone)

So once again inside the top 6 mids in the game.

Captains pick lined up against the wall there's probably at least half a dozen midfielders I'm picking before him. At least half a dozen. Probably more until we see how he responds from his leg break. I think Hawthorn fans struggle to accept this view that a lot of non Hawthorn fans share.

Captains pick lined up against the wall there's probably at least half a dozen midfielders I'm picking before him. At least half a dozen. Probably more until we see how he responds from his leg break. I think Hawthorn fans struggle to accept this view that a lot of non Hawthorn fans share.

Agreed. I had him in the top 5 prior to injury but there are plenty I’d take before him now. Even someone like Macrae I’d back ahead of him.

There’s a lot of optimism from Hawks fans regarding his return, but he’s going to take some time to re-adapt to the pace of the game and projections of mid 30s possession counts are overzealous.

Already a lot of pressure from Hawthorn fans to return to his prime pre-injury form, but it rarely happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players are sheep but supporters aren't? You didn't mention the coaches either i see.

He had one good year?

In 2017 he was

2nd in the Brownlow
5th in the coaches votes
6th in the MVP (5th among midfielders alone)

So once again inside the top 6 mids in the game.

Ok two.. wasnt he playing neafl in 2015?
Doesnt hold a candle to the others .. sorry

No we don't struggle to but that is shifting the goal posts, post leg break i would also take a lot before him because they are less risky. Going forward others may be better as well not even arguing that. It just wasn't what he said though.

I think it would be safe for you to presume that when i use the term 'general consensus' it would not meaning every single hawthorn supporter who has eve logged onto bigfooty and contributed. However the majority did, if you don't believe me go back and check for yourself
Most sensible hawthorn supporters don’t post on this board because of posters who make sweeping generalisations based on scant evidence and then proceed to dig in for page after page before telling others to go collect the missing evidence themselves 🤔

Okay so he wasn't a top tier mid in 2015? Glad we can agree on that.

Happy to .. just cant believe you would seriously have him in front of the 7 names mentioned. Who exactly would you have him in front of? Dusty? Fyfe? Bont?

Happy to .. just cant believe you would seriously have him in front of the 7 names mentioned. Who exactly would you have him in front of? Dusty? Fyfe? Bont?
At the end of 2018 i would have had him clearly ahead of Neale and slightly ahead of Pendles at least.

Most sensible hawthorn supporters don’t post on this board because of posters who make sweeping generalisations based on scant evidence and then proceed to dig in for page after page before telling others to go collect the missing evidence themselves 🤔

Imagine someone telling you to do something yourself, what a disgusting thing to do, you must be outraged Karen

Imagine someone telling you to do something yourself, what a disgusting thing to do, you must be outraged Karen
Nah not posting here is more like choosing not to bang your head against a brick wall.

Imagine having to justify your own claims with evidence. It must be hard for you...

Nah not posting here is more like choosing not to bang your head against a brick wall.

Imagine having to justify your own claims with evidence. It must be hard for you...

How hard is it to check? Seriously, it's a search function that would take 10 seconds, lol, how pathetic is that

Easy to say but I think you're letting your bias show

He was a high production (for a 1st year player), goal kicking midfielder with a strong defensive side in an average side.

He polled 44/45 votes in a Rising Star class featuring the likes of Wines, Crouch, Mitchell, Whitfield etc.

Sky was the absolute limit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back