Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
If Poppy had have fallen over/got beaten in the contest, Gutherie was an easy link man to take cats forward, he didnt to much wrong.

Gaz was cooked, was BOG for cats tho.

Correct. Ablett was great all game, but really poor in that passage of play.
Guthrie was terrible all game and made numerous poor decisions all day, but took a smart punt in that instance.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gaz was being ******* lazy.

I would have thought most are smart enough to see what Guthrie was trying to do.

If Poppy had have fallen over/got beaten in the contest, Gutherie was an easy link man to take cats forward, he didnt to much wrong.

Gaz was cooked, was BOG for cats tho.

Correct. Ablett was great all game, but really poor in that passage of play.
Guthrie was terrible all game and made numerous poor decisions all day, but took a smart punt in that instance.

I can see what was he was doing. Bit of Russian roulette about it though. If the same situation ever happens again the cats can put as many blokes as they like out there.

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I can see what was he was doing. Bit of Russian roulette about it though. If the same situation ever happens again the cats can put as many blokes as they like out there.

Only one player needs to be out there if he's dangerous, which Guthrie would have been had we won the footy.

Obviously it was a high risk option, but we were 6 points down not 6 in front. Fair time to take a risk I'd have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jameses

All Australian
Jun 29, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This masturbatory stuff needs to stay on your board. You're embarrassing yourselves.
I don't think the influx of Hawthorn supporters posting about O'Meara's good form is any different to opposition fans falling over themselves to post in this thread about O'Meara not performing/being injured.

If this thread is valid when he is not performing, than it is also valid when he is.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I doubted the trade was worthwhile.

Im also glad JOM is back playing good football as I like to see good players playing.

Not everyone who had doubts over the trade was wanting JOM to never play again.

Time will tell whether the trade has worked though. He will have to be bloody good for the long term for it to be considered good.

As a matter of interest who are the players Hawthorn gave up in the end (the players from the draft picks).

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I doubted the trade was worthwhile.

Im also glad JOM is back playing good football as I like to see good players playing.

Not everyone who had doubts over the trade was wanting JOM to never play again.

Time will tell whether the trade has worked though. He will have to be bloody good for the long term for it to be considered good.

As a matter of interest who are the players Hawthorn gave up in the end (the players from the draft picks).
Not sure. We had to deal with only being able to take this guy at pick 43 the year after (‘ken disaster):

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not sure. We had to deal with only being able to take this guy at pick 43 the year after (‘ken disaster):

I wanted us to get Worpel at pick 30 where we got De Koning.

De Koning looks good but is a bigger bloke who will take more time.

Worpel was always more likely to be good early but maybe not as much upside? Regardless should still never have been as low as a pick in the 40s

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Got a Brock McClean vibe about Worpel, big body immediate impact, but slow with ordinary disposal

Can’t see anything more than a good ordinary player at best

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Got a Brock McClean vibe about Worpel, big body immediate impact, but slow with ordinary disposal

You have NFI. Nothing like a BM. Worpel is not slow, in fact his first few steps are quite quick which allows him to burst out of packs. Has great hands, kicks on both sides - snapped a great goal yesterday off his left foot and his considerably more upside. Comparing him to brock maclean is mind boggling not too mention ignorant

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors

I think the "slow with ordinary disposal" part is pretty well off the mark. His disposal is very good and has reasonable pace in reality. Not even a comparable player to McClean either. It would be as accurate as saying Isaac Heeney has a Gary Rohan vibe about him.

Brock McLean was a good ordinary player?

I must have missed that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back