Jai Newcombe vs Luke Davies-Uniacke

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both these young guns are incredibly strong, skillful high impact clearance beasts that can find lots of the ball and who you feel are only just getting started. LDU has been a slow burn but is still only 23 and we are now seeing why he was selected at pick 4 in the 2017 national draft, while the 20 year old Newcombe has exploded on the scene and was unbelievably a mid-season draft choice in 2021. He could very well win the rising star.

Both ranked up 30 touches each the last time Hawthorn played North but IMO Newcombe was comfortably the better player that day.

Really bizarre poll, LDU until last year was very disappointing. Newcombe has been fantastic from the word go.

I voted for Newcombe because it's who I would take, as opposed to who is currently better. LDU is better right now, albeit slightly, but he should be given his age, games played and draft position (which is compounded by the fact that Newcombe was a mid-season draftee as you've mentioned).

Weird poll to compare a 23 year old top draft pick in his fifth season to a mid season draftee 3 years younger barely a full calendar year into his.

LDU has taken steps forward this year but Newcombe is playing at a high level already. Newcombe at the moment for me.

LDU is slightly better atm, but Newcombe's had one pre season and is already playing at this level.

It's Newcombe.

Flip a coin

LDU in a competitive North side could be competing for Brownlow medals and MVP's. One of the best midfielders in the comp to watch.

Duke has done literally everything you could ask of a player in 1 and a bit years. Will benefit from a second full pre season and having some more balanced midfielders around him.

Back