Scandal Jaidyn Stephenson - Betting on Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed him during the Queens Bday game how he desperately wanted the 1st Goal. Had 2 shots he missed then stole 1 from a Collingwood player when the umpire gave the advantage after Viney stopped
What complete rubbish. He had one set shot in the first 30 seconds, from 40m out directly in front (so no question whether he should pass it off or have a ping).

He didn't have a second shot like you claim, in fact his only other kick in that time was inside 50 but was away from the goals to the hot spot, before taking the advantage from the free and slotting it from the goal line rather than having Mihocek attempt it from a tight angle.

You did not notice him one bit.

A couple week holiday coming up.
I'd suggest it'll be more than a couple. If it is him that's put on the bet and it is on a Collingwood game.. Heath Shaw got 8 weeks and a 20k fine for putting $10 on Nick Maxwell to kick the first goal years ago. They might give him a discount because he's only 20 but geez. He's in for some time off if all is true.

2 year ban required for being an idiot. Although I refuse to believe a guy earning 200k this year and at least double that on his next deal would be dumb enough to place a $50 bet putting that all in jeopardy.

That’s the part I can’t get my head around why take the risk for a bet under 50 bucks let alone taking the risk at all

Doesn't matter if it was 50 cents each way Sam, a bet is a bet and if true should be missing games as a result.

Everyone knows betting on AFL games as a player is a massive no no, in fact anyone employed by an AFL club is forbidden to place a bet on AFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats more relaxing than a few beers and a bet, I lost two houses and two wives doing both.
Obviously peed off about the houses.
Another case of over reaction to a minor action, the penalties don't fit the crime imo.

Whats more relaxing than a few beers and a bet, I lost two houses and two wives doing both.
Another case of over reaction to a minor action, the penalties don't fit the crime imo.

It’s the integrity. You know the when it applies to betting only?

Penalties aren't harsh enough IMO.

Was given 14 game ban, with 6 suspended and a $20k fine. For a $10 bet....so I would expect Stephenson to receive something similar if his bet is "under $50"
It depends, though. Heath Shaw knew Nick Maxwell was starting forward, which was not common knowledge, and was in a position to influence the outcome. That's akin to spot fixing, IMO.

If Stephenson was betting on himself to score the first goal, then again he is in a position to influence the outcome (ie take a shot when he otherwise wouldn't have, or not pass when he should have, etc) and that's bad. But if it was a generic $50 on Collingwood to win, that's less bad. Because he's trying to do that anyway.

At a minimum, I'm saying six to eight weeks, but if it was on something that he could influence, then he's played his last game for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back