Scandal Jaidyn Stephenson - Betting on Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats more relaxing than a few beers and a bet, I lost two houses and two wives doing both.
Obviously peed off about the houses.
Another case of over reaction to a minor action, the penalties don't fit the crime imo.
The penalty isn't for placing a bet. It's for a influential person in results having a vested, and perhaps manipulating, interest in the result other than winning.

The integrity of the game is bigger than a $50 bet. That's what they will argue they are protecting. It is also protecting the betting agencies from inside information taking them for a ride similar to insider trading.

Is it Collingwood who have the "Love the game not the odds" slogan flashing up pre game ? How ironic.
Yeah because the actions of one mean that Collingwood endorses such behaviour?

Gil been sitting on this one for a while...timing is right to release it to distract from the real issues around crowds/security.
LOL

Gil has a rolodex of stories he can pull at any time

giphy.gif

The penalty isn't for placing a bet. It's for a influential person in results having a vested, and perhaps manipulating, interest in the result other than winning.

The integrity of the game is bigger than a $50 bet. That's what they will argue they are protecting. It is also protecting the betting agencies from inside information taking them for a ride similar to insider trading.
Big Brother is watching over us.

I noticed him during the Queens Bday game how he desperately wanted the 1st Goal. Had 2 shots he missed then stole 1 from a Collingwood player when the umpire gave the advantage after Viney stopped
It probably would have been a Collingwood goal despite the advantage. But agree. Everyone had stopped and he was allowed to run away with it. I feel umpires do that a bit in front of goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a minimum, I'm saying six to eight weeks, but if it was on something that he could influence, then he's played his last game for the season.

Which would be any game he is playing in or involved with anyway, regardless of what the bet was for/against. Doesn't matter if the bet was for Collingwood to win, just because he "should" be trying to do that every week....

why do our players get caught up in scandals like these...
Its obviously a very stupid thing to do, but I refuse to believe hes the only player in the league that has done this at some point this year... as another poster mentioned its probably some ridiculous multi, spread across various games. Doesn't make it anymore acceptable but why would he risk his season for a small payout.

why do our players get caught up in scandals like these...
Its obviously a very stupid thing to do, but I refuse to believe hes the only player in the league that has done this at some point this year... as another poster mentioned its probably some ridiculous multi, spread across various games. Doesn't make it anymore acceptable but why would he risk his season for a small payout.

I’m guessing it was that multi of Mick Molloys that got up a few weeks ago

Why does it only ever seem to be Collingwood that is involved in such corruption?

We’re a big club that sells papers, clearly picked on for these sort of stories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back