Jaidyn Stephenson - how good can he be?

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said on radio last year that he would take him at #1 in the draft but as now publicised, before the draft, a scare was sent through a host of clubs when his heart condition was revealed.

So far in the first 7 games this season, he hasn’t missed a beat and it seems as though Collingwood has gotten a bargain with pick 6.

The kid seems real capable of stepping up when required, highlighted by his 5 goal effort against last year’s Grand Finalists in Round 4. (2 in the first quarter when the game was still there to be won)

I thought he was quite instrumental tonight when the game was there to be won and ended up with 21 possessions, 2 goals, 8 score involvements and 3 clearances - not a bad feat for a 7th gamer playing predominantly up forward.

He seems like a good kid too and I’ve enjoyed watching his speed and composure for a first year recruit. How high is his ceiling?

AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said on radio last year that he would take him at #1 in the draft but as now publicised, before the draft, a scare was sent through a host of clubs when his heart condition was revealed.

So far in the first 7 games this season, he hasn’t missed a beat and it seems as though Collingwood has gotten a bargain with pick 6.

The kid seems real capable of stepping up when required, highlighted by his 5 goal effort against last year’s Grand Finalists in Round 4. (2 in the first quarter when the game was still there to be won)

I thought he was quite instrumental tonight when the game was there to be won and ended up with 21 possessions, 2 goals, 8 score involvements and 3 clearances - not a bad feat for a 7th gamer playing predominantly up forward.

He seems like a good kid too and I’ve enjoyed watching his speed and composure for a first year recruit. How high is his ceiling?
Already very good.
So, very very good.
Good finisher, holds his nerve.

Already very good.
So, very very good.
Good finisher, holds his nerve.
He actually plays the one on one really well which is surprising for someone who still hasn’t filled out as yet. Will lose more than he wins in the next couple of years, but with his height, and once he adds a few kgs, will be a tricky match up. Took a nice grab tonight when the heat was on and finished beautifully.

He actually plays the one on one really well which is surprising for someone who still hasn’t filled out as yet. Will lose more than he wins in the next couple of years, but with his height, and once he adds a few kgs, will be a tricky match up. Took a nice grab tonight when the heat was on and finished beautifully.
He def looks the goods and looks to have the mental composure to go with it which is impressive at a young age.

Like him
Lighting quick as well which is what you need in Todays game.
He isn’t just one or the other, he will go in and win the hard ball, or go up for the big contested grab, which is really good to see from a speedy youngster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked his goal this week, the one where he won the game for us in the last minute

To be fair it only happened because Christensen took literally the worst possible option a mere 30 seconds earlier

the one where he kicked it out on the full with two runners on the inside streaming to a certain goal?

Indeed.

I am still shaking. How does this keep happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back