Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a start to his season.
A five goal game.
Beating Adelaide in Adelaide.
A rising star nomination.
Kicking the winning goal in a match.
Winning on ANZAC day.

Kid must be on cloud 9

+ beating Brisbane in Brisbane.

(IIRC he grew up as a lions supporter? ;) )

Will need a break sooner rather than later, i'd probably give him a spell after the Cats game.

Next week is round 8 and we need to wait until round 13 for our bye.

Yeah, maybe. IIRC the club do blood tests to objectively measure a player’s fatigue?

They’ll make a decision when it’s needed.

Next week is round 8 and we need to wait until round 13 for our bye.

Yeah, maybe. IIRC the club do blood tests to objectively measure a player’s fatigue?

They’ll make a decision when it’s needed.
A lot will depend on who's available to play as well, pretty soon we're going to have to make room for Elliott and Wells (touch wood), so the decision on wether to rest him or not may be a lot easier.

I never played a game without some sort of niggle, and i never played at anywhere near an elite level.
and i suppose you never had a full dedicated week to get over those niggles? you more than likely had a full time job as well?

If an AFL player does have a niggle they have access to some of the best treatment and facilities in Australia. To suggest he needs a break because YOU never played a game without a niggle doesn't mean he even has one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why? He's got endurance. Physically he'll recover quicker than the older guys. He's performing well in last quarters. There's nothing to suggest that he is suffering from physical or mental fatigue. Looks to me like he is up and about, loving it and getting more involved every week.

I was also suggesting that Jaidyn be given a rest a couple of weeks ago.:oops:

But watching him in the last quarter yesterday, he seemed to find some legs, which in a game like that is both physcial and mental. Terrific that he didn't go into his (skinny) shell and give up or leave it to the more experienced.

On the topic of skinny, I know he's (reputedly) put on weight/muscle mass since we recruited him, but Jaido looks like a bag of bones running around out there!

Hell of a start to his season.
A five goal game.
Beating Adelaide in Adelaide.
A rising star nomination.
Kicking the winning goal in a match.
Winning on ANZAC day.

Kid must be on cloud 9

Loved his interview with Raynor before the start of the game.

He said he has been told off by Dunne a few times......but he said its all part of it.
He also said he is starting at the bottom of the pecking order in the AFL so he needs to work his way up.
Very level headed kid.

311096_3c01bb9ac8a93ea91dc93059f72a029b.gif

His gut running in that last quarter was incredible.

Not only his running to get on the end of that last goal but about 5 mins before that he did this chase and (eventual) tackle that went all the way from our goal line all the way up the ground until eventually he tackled about the fourth guy in the chain on their forward flank. It was an incredible effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also suggesting that Jaidyn be given a rest a couple of weeks ago.:oops:

Unlike some, I wasn't calling for him to be given a rest before the Adelaide game.

I was calling for him to be omitted due to not appearing ready.:oops::huh::poo:

Like in the last Goal how he was 1st To Run to the Right Place where De Goey was going to put the Ball. Great Anticipating by Stephensons

Hutchy just said hand him the rising star now (and hand me a tray of pies while you’re at it).

Is Hutchy a Pies Fan as always seem to talk us up on Footy Classfieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back