Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the loss today wasn’t good, but this boy was.

He may not have had the greatest game on the stats sheet, but what I saw in the first 3 minutes of the last quarter has changed my view on Stephenson.
I was vocal about wanting Darcy Fogarty. I was wrong. This boy will be a king.

First 3 minutes of the last quarter, Wells misses the open goal. Kick out and the cats are streaming forward.
Stephenson(playing forward) outran his man and went to punch the ball out of Menagolo’ hands in the forward 50. He didn’t execute perfectly. A goal was kicked. After the mark, Stephenson was putrid with himself. I was sitting near the goals. He was punching the ground in anger and disappointed(only Howe patted him on the back). He was gutted. The passion was amazing.

20 minutes later, he’s down in the defensive 50 punching the ball through the behind posts. The boy is a star.

He will be a Brownlow medalist and a 300 gamer for Collingwood.

Champion.

I'm calling it now bit of John Greening about this kid height pace has a go wait till he gets in the midfield next couple of years watch out.
Given who we're playing, maybe we should rest him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic attitude

A real gem

And he’s all ours

:)

Definitely better than the afl app! Although didnt know you were a Melbourne fan
Cheers, that's what we like to hear!

Not personally a Melbourne fan but wanted to pick a team that no-one here in the office supports as we you have to pick one to make the account.

I'm calling it now bit of John Greening about this kid height pace has a go wait till he gets in the midfield next couple of years watch out.

Haven't seen the same marking or midfield ability in him as yet but there certainly are a few similar traits.

I am always very happy to admit when I am wrong. In the preseason I thought his lack of strength would be too big a factor to overcome in his first season of AFL footy. I was wrong. This kid is going to win the Rising Star for sure. I love him! Great forward pressure. Great goal sense. Thank god is ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back