Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy who was 20, someone called let's see, John Coleman, a lazy 100 in his first year.

But I love Jaidyn more :)

Edit: John Coleman: As he turned 21 during his debut year I think he'd have been inedible to win Rising Star.

So deserved by Stephenson.
It's a thrill to be around to see what he can become.
Fingers crossed we are telling our grand kids of his feats in decades to come.

A guy who was 20, someone called let's see, John Coleman, a lazy 100 in his first year.

But I love Jaidyn more :)

Edit: John Coleman: As he turned 21 during his debut year I think he'd have been inedible to win Rising Star.
He would have been eligible for sure (under today's rules), since he hadn't reached 21 by 1st of January that year. He didn't actually turn 21 until 23 November (1949), but it doesn't matter if a player turns 21 during the season, or any time after 1st January. Tom Doedee turned 21 on 1 March this year as a good example of that.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/John_Coleman.html
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Tom_Doedee.html

Last edited:
He would have been eligible for sure (under today's rules), since he hadn't reached 21 by 1st of January that year. He didn't actually turn 21 until 23 November (1949), but it doesn't matter if a player turns 21 during the season, or any time after 1st January. Tom Doedee turned 21 on 1 March this year as a good example of that.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/John_Coleman.html
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Tom_Doedee.html
You sir are a star.

I think he might have snuck in that award then, with the Coleman to boot.

:) but very very very happy for our rising star.

Has 3 more game to go. Will be a 40plus goal kicker by seasons end. And maybe a norm smith medalist.

Thourougly deserved. Best first year player I’ve seen for a while. And he’s no where near his ceiling. Very scary proposition going forward.
I hope to be scared a lot in the future.:D

Last edited:
:) but very very very happy for our rising star.
It's a real plus for the club, and a great feather in Jaidyn's cap. Hopefully it inspires him to perform even better in the finals.

I love football "awards season"! Plenty of people like to rubbish awards like this for whatever reason, but I always enjoy going over all the results/selections, and when we have a rare win it makes it even more enjoyable!

I offloaded a gorilla on Stephenson at the start of the yr at 26 to 1. Should take home $26,000 tonight re.

It's f great.. cause I've been trying to get my folks to agree to selling dad's old Monaro for yrs now.. they had no idea it was valued at about $250,000. I told em ade sell it re you'll get a gorilla or 2 for it and I'll go and get you a car to get you from a to b no worries.

So I managed to auction dad's old Monaro for a lil over $250,000.. told em I sold it for $2000.. and with the winnings tonight I might buy em half a decent car.. and pocket the $250,000 re.

That's how nice a guy I am re.

F great re.
Hope your dad does not read bf and see this little beauty, re:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Coleman: As he turned 21 during his debut year I think he'd have been inedible to win Rising Star.

coleman-natural-foods-86651472.jpg

Sometimes with a rising star winner, you look at them and think, they won because they were more physically ready than their peers but there isnt as much upside. Rich, Palmer, Hasleby for example I put in that basket. Not so Jaidyn, its kind of scary because he was good enough to win the rising star and yet you get the feeling we have seen the barest fraction of what he is capable of.

Absolutely stoked for him, and looking forward to an amazing future for him and the Pies.

Just finished watching his speech on Fox.

Love this kid.

Smash them in the Finals Jaidyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back