Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what happened in this thread but have we ever had a 1st year player that played every game?

Maybe Josh Fraser?
Josh I’m sure missed only 1 game his debut year.
Rings a bell.

Be interesting who as a debut player (a junior debutant not mature debutant for Collingwood)played every game in their first season.

Josh I’m sure missed only 1 game his debut year.
Rings a bell.

Be interesting who as a debut player (a junior debutant not mature debutant for Collingwood)played every game in their first season.
Dale Thomas only missed one through injury

Even allowing for your incorrect math (13kg) to start with, Paul Seedsman is a non KPP who has improved his game since adding 17kg.
He was drafted at 75kgs, the target was 90kgs. Is that not a difference of 15? Love it when someone tries to correct your math when they are the one who got it completely wrong lol

That's 1 player out of hundreds, who else?

Just off the top of my head I'd have thought Gavin Brown would have had similar weight gain, Bucks probably another, Daic's another. It may not be the norm, and I'm not sure I'd like Stephenson lugging 90kg's or more about or that he could add that sort of bulk, but there are players who do grow from 70's kg's to late 80's - 90+ kg's.

He was drafted at 75kgs, the target was 90kgs. Is that not a difference of 15? Love it when someone tries to correct your math when they are the one who got it completely wrong lol

He was initially listed at 77kg's, that 75kg was likely his 2017 TAC preseason weight.

2010 AFL Draft write up:
76. PAUL SEEDSMAN
(Eastern Ranges, 20, 188cm, 70kg)
Quick, agile midfielder.

Would you rather that or premium inside mid with X factor? For me it’s the inside mid. I think he can play like Nat Fyfe who can rotate forward.
He definitely has X factor but I'm not sure he has the natural aggression needed to be an elite mid. Hopefully it's just his current size that prevents him from going hard but several times this year he's pulled out of the contest. My thoughts are you either have it or you don't (See ball, Win ball) and I'm not sure Stevo does. He's more calculating and will be a superstar in many roles for us. Just not sure if it will be in the middle.

I like how this guy accused me of arguing with everything because I answered his question, then blocked me and started arguing with everyone who disagrees with him. Not a hypocrite at all.

He definitely has X factor but I'm not sure he has the natural aggression needed to be an elite mid. Hopefully it's just his current size that prevents him from going hard but several times this year he's pulled out of the contest. My thoughts are you either have it or you don't (See ball, Win ball) and I'm not sure Stevo does. He's more calculating and will be a superstar in many roles for us. Just not sure if it will be in the middle.
Yeah that’s a possibility. It may be that his natural progression may be a goal kicking wingman.but I feel if the club see him as an inside mid though, they’ll be able to develop him there.

Yeah that’s a possibility. It may be that his natural progression may be a goal kicking wingman.but I feel if the club see him as an inside mid though, they’ll be able to develop him there.
Didn’t he rip apart a few games toward the end of his draft year as an inside mid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to recall his last TAC season he transitioned into the midfield with great effect. I've not see the avoidance of body contact so can't comment on that but I'd see him more as a Pendlebury or Treloar type mid rather than a crash and bash type like Adams.

I also made comment in the Maynard thread that we're well stocked for mids so there isn't really any urgency to give him midfield time. I do see a natural progression with him moving to a wing over time

I'd like to suggest that every single AFL footballer who weighs 90+kg, once weighed 75kg.

I'd like to suggest that every single AFL footballer who weighs 90+kg, once weighed 75kg.
Unless they were born at 76kg & never fell below that, stupid head.

Didn't think of that did you.:drunk:

I like how this guy accused me of arguing with everything because I answered his question, then blocked me and started arguing with everyone who disagrees with him. Not a hypocrite at all.

Report Him Then and Put him on Ignore List

So to summarise, you asked this
For him to be 90 kgs he would've had to gain 15-18 kgs since being drafted. Name me the last non key position player who gained that much weight and became a better player?
Then Apex answered your question
Errr... Nat Fyfe. :drunk:
Then you asked this
That's 1 player out of hundreds, who else?
Then I answered your question
Even allowing for your incorrect math (13kg) to start with, Paul Seedsman is a non KPP who has improved his game since adding 17kg.
Then you questioned my answer
Then I backed my answer up with evidence
2010 AFL Draft write up:
76. PAUL SEEDSMAN
(Eastern Ranges, 20, 188cm, 70kg)
Quick, agile midfielder.
Then you pulled up a Stephenson link which doesn't refute my answer of Seedsman
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-11-24/welcome-pick-no-6-jaidyn-stephenson

Like I said, 75 kgs when he was drafted, you're quite incapable at doing the most basic things lmfao
Then the rest of us left the discussion wishing we had never bothered entertaining your post shifting, dumpster fire of an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back