Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure the club would be that keen to move him on given he is contracted.

I’m also in the camp that our cap issues are being massively sensationalised and overblown. So not sure that’s a massive issue.

Trade value would probably be comfortably somewhere in that 10-15 range IMO. Only third year in and his output in well above his peers (apart from mature ages), even considering some significant issues along the way.

Heard that the Pies low balled Mihocek and he looking around.

Why would the Pies low ball their best and most consistent KP forward who has been playing better footy on a rookie deal than others who are getting paid the big bucks?

That doesn't sound like they have cap space to sign him.

Unless he has some major non football related issue's he is a top 10 pick every day of the week

No he isn't.

Is he as productive as Liam Ryan pick 26? Not yet.

How about Butler at the Saints? Nope, cost the Saints a packet of chips.

What about Cripps at the Eagles when he moved? 2nd rounder.

Too inconstant within games and from game to game.

Why would the Pies low ball their best and most consistent KP forward who has been playing better footy on a rookie deal than others who are getting paid the big bucks?

Because Mihocek is not a genuine KPF. He wants a substantial increase from his base contract atm, we are willing to meet him half way, but we aren't willing to pay him above market if it compromises our chances of landing a proper KPF (Brown).

No he isn't.

Liam Ryan would command a late 1st, and Stephenson is more than 2 years younger.

Despite being 2 years older, more mature, and crumbling under the likes of Kennedy/Darling, Ryan has still averaged less goals per game than Stephenson. And that's including Stephenson's form slump this year.

Saying he's worth a top 10 pick is very, very conservative.

Has something off field happened to this kid? Was so promising years 1-2 and he's fallen off.

Has something off field happened to this kid? Was so promising years 1-2 and he's fallen off.
not the first player to have a down year. Didn't have a pre-season because he had glandular fever. Dealing with form issues, and I believe he may have some family stuff going on.

Liam Ryan would command a late 1st, and Stephenson is more than 2 years younger.

Despite being 2 years older, more mature, and crumbling under the likes of Kennedy/Darling, Ryan has still averaged less goals per game than Stephenson. And that's including Stephenson's form slump this year.

Saying he's worth a top 10 pick is very, very conservative.

He isn't a gun mid, he isn't a promising KP or ruck he's an inconsistent small forward who has had off field issues and dropped several times by the club.

None of that suggests he is worth a top 10 pick. Open both eyes and have a look at what players of a similar ilk have netted at the trade table.

not the first player to have a down year. Didn't have a pre-season because he had glandular fever. Dealing with form issues, and I believe he may have some family stuff going on.

I read a bit on the Pies board and it was suggest he may have develoeped Chronic Faitgue symptoms, which is something that can happen post Glandular Fever. Someone also noticed he sleeps a lot when they looked at other players instagrams. Obviously not sure and mostly guessing but its a possible explaination, something has clearly gone wrong with him. Ive delt with the some of th4 worst of Chronic fatigue and you can barely turn up to classes let alone a footy game.

I read a bit on the Pies board and it was suggest he may have develoeped Chronic Faitgue symptoms, which is something that can happen post Glandular Fever. Someone also noticed he sleeps a lot when they looked at other players instagrams. Obviously not sure and mostly guessing but its a possible explaination, something has clearly gone wrong with him. Ive delt with the worst of Chronic fatigue and you can barely turn up to classes let alone a footy game.

1st I heard of that but IF it does that is Terrible News then

I read a bit on the Pies board and it was suggest he may have develoeped Chronic Faitgue symptoms, which is something that can happen post Glandular Fever. Someone also noticed he sleeps a lot when they looked at other players instagrams. Obviously not sure and mostly guessing but its a possible explaination, something has clearly gone wrong with him. Ive delt with the some of th4 worst of Chronic fatigue and you can barely turn up to classes let alone a footy game.
Yeah, ive seen pics of him snapping before games on game day. That's normal though? But I wouldn't rule that out. When he came back from glandular fever, he looked skin and bones at training. I've heard sometimes, the effects of that can last up to 12 months.

Because Mihocek is not a genuine KPF. He wants a substantial increase from his base contract atm, we are willing to meet him half way, but we aren't willing to pay him above market if it compromises our chances of landing a proper KPF (Brown).

I can certainly understand why Checkers and or his manager would be annoyed. Checkers has been on unders for the past two seasons.

Yet Beams, Langdon, Berg who are more highly paid have done little or nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, ive seen pics of him snapping before games on game day. That's normal though? But I wouldn't rule that out. When he came back from glandular fever, he looked skin and bones at training. I've heard sometimes, the effects of that can last up to 12 months.

So I guess it was a Bad Thing and might need a Few Big Pre-Seasons to get back on Track

About time I found a post that made pure common sense and put into consideration what Jaidyn’s going thru and has had to endure due to suspension and illness and simply that he’s young .. as many here know .. I know jaidyn very well and many of the knockers here have no idea what he goes thru... he’s young and just on the surface in learning to deal with all of this stuff... trading jaidyn.. are you serious? It would be the dumbest thing your football club could do.. he will recover from all this no doubt... and when he does you will see the jaidyn u all love I’m sure about that also ... give the lad a break and stick by him ... rant over

Posted by Scottie65 who knows him Personally on Collingwood Board

He isn't a gun mid, he isn't a promising KP or ruck he's an inconsistent small forward who has had off field issues and dropped several times by the club.

None of that suggests he is worth a top 10 pick. Open both eyes and have a look at what players of a similar ilk have netted at the trade table.
You don't need to be any of these positions to be worth a good pick.

If anything that speaks more about his potential, I mean he was drafted as a line breaking on-baller to begin with. The plan has always been to play him up forward while he develop his body. While that obviously is taking longer than we thought, but doesn't mean he wont get there at all.

You tell me, what have they netted? Problem is there're no direct comparable trades, you're defining him as an inconsistent small forward for life, which he is not, so you should probably open both eyes instead. The closest comparison I can think of would be Chad Wingard, both high draft picks (both pick 6 in fact), both drafted as a mid/forward, but started in the forward line due to light frames, with the plan of converting into at least a part-time midfielder.

And while Wingard wasn't traded until much later, would you have traded Wingard early on for a s**t pick? Just because he played a small fowrard role?

Ok sure you might tell me Wingard was a AA small forward in 2013 and that Stephenson has only won a rising star. But for your reference, in his AA year, Wingard averaged 1.79 goals a game, and in Stephenson's first season ever he has already averaged close to 1.50 goals a game.

He is still on the Rookie list so no wonder he wants a better deal.

Gotta test where they're at. He won't be going anywhere.

No he isn't.

Ryan would be worth a pick between 10-15 if traded tomorrow, I could imagine a contender needing a small forward would be open to that with something coming back their way.

He is still on the Rookie list so no wonder he wants a better deal.
The list he’s on is irrelevant. He’s not on base rookie wages, the only thing him being on the rookie list means is that a portion of his salary falls outside the cap.

I’d say that’s possibly a combination of two things that overlap.

-We are trying to also bring in another key forward option and want to have enough cap space for that. Who that is I’m not sure..

-We got away with a measly contract last time we extended him. Including keeping him on rookie list. And probably thought being 28 at the start of next season and playing as an undersized key forward, that we could do it again without too much competition for his signature.

I’d say that’s possibly a combination of two things that overlap.

-We are trying to also bring in another key forward option and want to have enough cap space for that. Who that is I’m not sure..

-We got away with a measly contract last time we extended him. Including keeping him on rookie list. And probably thought being 28 at the start of next season and playing as an undersized key forward, that we could do it again without too much competition for his signature.
I totally agree. Wouldn't cost much to get him across the line and only really noticed because he is THE key forward at collingwood. Overall I've been pretty unimpressed with his recent performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back