Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing that makes Sense he did something Off-Field that made the Whole Club Turn on him and wanted him out so badly

No Buckley, he has form. I know for a fact that he and Eade used to ridicule Dawes to coterie members. There was a reason Buckley had to 'change', he was utterly shocking towards players with different mind sets/approaches to the game. This year he reverted to his old self and he basically wrote Treloar and Stephenson off.

Why do you reckon Leon Davis lasted one year under him? He was another one Bucks the player did not like.

correct... salary cap was in a dire position. Rendell knew what the spreadsheets said, hence why he strongly predicted that ALL of Treloar, Stevo, Phillips AND Cox deals would get done prior to end of trade week. 3 out of 4 aint bad

Beams deal did a lot of damage, as did Wells. They did not contribute and signing them would have led to back loading contracts. Hurt us on field and re cap.

And it all leads back to ******* Eddie sticking his nose in to the footy dept. His mate Gubby.

No Buckley, he has form. I know for a fact that he and Eade used to ridicule Dawes to coterie members. There was a reason Buckley had to 'change', he was utterly shocking towards players with different mind sets/approaches to the game. This year he reverted to his old self and he basically wrote Treloar and Stephenson off.

Why do you reckon Leon Davis lasted one year under him? He was another one Bucks the player did not like.
Only problem here was Leon never played under Bucks. He decided to retire, changed his mind very late when all other contracts we done and so was only offered a small contract which he didn’t accept. His last season was with MM. Remember he had been dropped by Mick for the 2010 replay and stocks were low early 2011 when he decided that was his last year. Things changed when he went to the backline

If you read why Leon wrote about Bucks in Bucks bio he was glowing. Said Bucks looked after him as a young player and they had a great bond

Ridicule Dawes? Why? Not sure I believe this one.

Would've thought Dawes had mind sets/approaches to the game similar to Bux.

Really came on this year and established himself. Not sure he will be top shelf but very good. IQ is the one I am most excited about. My guess will be Stephenson will have a better career than any of the youngsters at Collingwood.
Daics is good, but I reckon he may appear to go a bit backwards next year as expectations rise and opponents start to put a bit of extra work into him.

Na, for Dawes footy wasn't that important and he was largely focused on his study/business out of Footy.
I always thought his interests in these areas were for post footy, I thought he took footy very seriously?

If true you would think he wouldn't take a pay cut, after a flag to play for Melbourne he would've just left the game forever.

I always thought his interests in these areas were for post footy, I thought he took footy very seriously?

They had an episode on him on the Collingwood website and he said he was studying full time and tried not to think about Footy outside the club for memory. He was definitely a softer more book-smart guy, not sure he would've got along with Bucks well.

They had an episode on him on the Collingwood website and he said he was studying full time and tried not to think about Footy outside the club for memory. He was definitely a softer more book-smart guy, not sure he would've got along with Bucks well.
Vaguely remember that, I took it as a guy that was focussed on footy now, no party lifestyle, that was reserved for studying if footy didn't work out, not that footy was secondary.

Only problem here was Leon never played under Bucks. He decided to retire, changed his mind very late when all other contracts we done and so was only offered a small contract which he didn’t accept. His last season was with MM. Remember he had been dropped by Mick for the 2010 replay and stocks were low early 2011 when he decided that was his last year. Things changed when he went to the backline

If you read why Leon wrote about Bucks in Bucks bio he was glowing. Said Bucks looked after him as a young player and they had a great bond
Also, Bucks had an exceptionally good relationship with Treloar. The bit about Dawes might have some truth to it, but overall that was a post that used one incident to push a narrative using false examples.

If true you would think he wouldn't take a pay cut, after a flag to play for Melbourne he would've just left the game forever.
He didn’t take a pay cut to play for Melbourne. They gave him a massive pay rise, 4x$500k iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like we made the right decision every day. Some things change. While some things stay the same

2654dcae1d738b0d4b91d6ed468e9c17.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dane Swan says hi. Did you put him for having a good time?

Sorry, but even with our salary issues I don’t buy that. Treloar and Phillips alone freed up nearly $1.2m from this years cap. As bad as our cap problem was, there’s no way we were running $1.8m over. If the club had wanted to keep Stephenson then they would have. There were/are clearly other issues at play, and judging by the above photo, he hasn’t pulled his head in in the slightest. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still on the punt, despite it nearly ending his career befoee free it really began.
Getting rid of Treloar and Philips wasn't enough. We are still paying Beams and Treloars wages. Work that out.

Club is more concerned about other 'issues' than drinking based on what I was told by someone 'connected'. That photo does not make a lot of sense as he is clearly in a licenced venue and they do not allow people to buy bottles of spirits.
connected friend of mine has said the same thing, but wouldnt elaborate. Initially thought gambling, but then...

Couldnt help notice his mate on insta quoting a veiled term for him and his mates getting cooked at a rooftop bar over summer.

So Degoey isn’t a problem then?

He seems to have grown up.

He has been charged with an incident six years ago. It seems relatively on the low scale and hopefully he gets off.

Apart from that, his attitude and behaviour in the three full seasons since his drink driving incident in the 2018 preseason has been excellent.

Last edited:
Maybe there was, but I don't think we could have found room is what I heard. I guess none of us know for sure.

Even if there was scuttlebutt, even if most list decisions had been made it still doesn't excuse the Collingwood match committee of being derelict in duty in not acting earlier. If we were getting rid of him come seasons end he should have been placed onto the market at least to give us a chance of getting a price. If true its beyond bizarre we didn't

I think you are making a huge assumption here - namely that we would have got a better deal if clubs knew he was available earlier.
Equally possible is that his 'baggage' was so concerning, that it would have made no difference.
IMO, a rising star getting virtually no interest ( even at a late stage), is a clear red flag.

He seems to have grown up.

He has been charged with an incident six years ago. It seems relatively on the low scale and hopefully he gets off.

Apart from that, his attitude and behaviour in the three full seasons since his drink driving incident in the 2018 preseason has been excellent.
What was Stephenson charged with? Stevo is only young he has time to mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back