Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teammates dislike each other all the time. You don't have to get along with every player on the list.

I think it's been done to death but if it was just his team mates who had issues with him I think he'd still be at the club.

F**k me, we’re paying half his contract and we got pick 60 something. What a farce, can we pay half Ned Guys salary and ship him off to a local council to be a Stop/Go man.

Like you said trading him maybe saved 200k at most if we are paying half, plus the cost of the rookie who replaced him. Minimum 600-700k of our salary cap gone to pay Treloar and Phillip’s to not play for us. Good one Ned.
There may have been a bit more to it behind the scenes with the two clubs than just trading Phillips for pick 65. Pick 65 was pushed out to 69. We then traded 62,69 and a future second back to Hawthorn for 41 and 42. The two picks in the 60's weren't used and if the status quo stays the same, the future second and 41 cancel each other out.

In summary, Phillips was traded for a late second round pick. What we don't know is if that was orchestrated by the clubs prior to the draft.

My only concern with him as well. Think his 1v1 footy may well improve with time but I think he'd be dynamic if unleashed onto a wing with his current attributes.
I feel like it was something to be expected. He was being given some tough asks (crafty players like Betts), but he looked very dangerous when unleashed up field. I think the return of Howe will help, as he'll have heaps of experienced voices down back helping him out.

I agree that him on the wing would be great, but Noble seems to have moved up. Which is fair, given I have more serious concerns over his 1v1 play than IQ's

Yeah, our structure around the centre square ball up was bad all year but they refused to change it even though other teams were smashing us at the clearances

I remember the raw numbers weren’t bad most of time. With us winning clearances quite a lot.

The problem was when we lost a clearance it was so damaging, the opposition got it on the move and ran out of the centre for a deep entry. We’d win a clearance while standing still and get a nothing handball or rush kick away.

Teammates dislike each other all the time. You don't have to get along with every player on the list.
If you act like a d1ckhead and most players don’t want you there it becomes a real issue. Add that to your performance, not listening to coaches etc and the question remains why keep the player?

If you act like a d1ckhead and most players don’t want you there it becomes a real issue. Add that to your performance, not listening to coaches etc and the question remains why keep the player?
Absolutely - I'm not doubting the fact a situation like that would make a players position relatively untenable.

I'm just raising the point r.e speculation the playing list wanted him gone.

Absolutely - I'm not doubting the fact a situation like that would make a players position relatively untenable.

I'm just raising the point r.e speculation the playing list wanted him gone.

I doubt we'll ever hear anything from the player group or the coaches. Club has a history of not outing players who depart.

Yet another fluff piece about him. I’m sure he’s really enjoying being North Melbournes main (only) public figure.
Maybe one day in these articles he will actually talk about North Melbourne. Although to be fair he did say that North will reap huge dividends because he’s so awesome.

At least he’s happy with his 2020 goal-a-game effort. He doesn’t seem to have mentioned parts of his game he’d like to work on.

Because he will probably improve in all those areas and he's got the potential to become a star.

following jaidyn keenly at the moment. i saw that he kicked 2 goals in a forward midfield role. i saw that flynn appleby is on the list. maybe we should start another thread...

oops just noticed that he isnt on the list yet

He ended up having a pretty decent first game against the Saints - Finished with approx. 20 disposals and 2.2, playing as a MID/FWD. I think the pleasing thing was that St Kilda actually roughed him up a bit early, he copped a couple pretty big hits, and things didn't look like they were going his way early, but managed to work his way into the game. Also considering the fact we got done by 80 points and he remained involved was also positive. When playing mid, Noble seems to have him set up behind the contest and gets the ball fed out to him (which I assume will only work better when Cunnington is back in the side).

Regarding the media & particularly Barretts interview, it's pretty clear that they're all doing everything that they can to dig the heels into Collingwood in the media. I can only guess that the entire interview likely went longer then 8 minutes, however ofcoarse they only choose to include Collingwood crisis click bait. I'm sure he's sick of talking about it, as we all are sick of listening to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He ended up having a pretty decent first game against the Saints - Finished with approx. 20 disposals and 2.2, playing as a MID/FWD. I think the pleasing thing was that St Kilda actually roughed him up a bit early, he copped a couple pretty big hits, and things didn't look like they were going his way early, but managed to work his way into the game. Also considering the fact we got done by 80 points and he remained involved was also positive. When playing mid, Noble seems to have him set up behind the contest and gets the ball fed out to him (which I assume will only work better when Cunnington is back in the side).

Regarding the media & particularly Barretts interview, it's pretty clear that they're all doing everything that they can to dig the heels into Collingwood in the media. I can only guess that the entire interview likely went longer then 8 minutes, however ofcoarse they only choose to include Collingwood crisis click bait. I'm sure he's sick of talking about it, as we all are sick of listening to it.
I'm hoping your coaches do go with Stepho or some other receiving mid in your midfield set up, as I've still got nightmares - and I suspect some of our mids do too - of 2019, when your hard nuts came out so aggressively and smashed our blokes into submission - aint going to happen with Stepho.

I'm still not sure whether Stepho's going to be an opposition player that I support and want to do well or one I barrack against, but I think it'll be the former.

This is BF speculation for mine and haven’t seen any good evidence to back it

Thought the Barrett interview pained him for what he is, a laid back kid who loves footy for playing and doesn’t go much deeper than that

Interesting also that he still lives with 2 Pie players. Doesn’t match up well with the idea the playing group wanted him out.

Thought the Barrett interview pained him for what he is, a laid back kid who loves footy for playing and doesn’t go much deeper than that

Interesting also that he still lives with 2 Pie players. Doesn’t match up well with the idea the playing group wanted him out.

When he said "lives" he meant that he's sleeping in their front yard and said players are completely oblivious to his skulking.

Thanks for the update. It's great to see Jaidyn doing well. I'm hoping that he continues on his pathway of becoming a superstar and he really shows the people at the Pies just what a great player he is. I'm sure that this thread is going to continue on for at least the next 3 to 4 years, probably until Jaidyn reaches his 200th game.

I have to say that i'm a little different from you. I can't get enough of Jaidyn talking about his days at the Pies. You could say that I was obsessed by him and I still am, even though he's gone. I'm even thinking of going to a few North games this year to see him play. I know there are quite a lot of us here on the Pie forum who feel the same way as I do...

Yeah, I havent seen anything to suggest that he's anything other than a likeable bogan who sure can play foot ball. There's a Who song in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back