Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange level of bitterness on here about a player that was kicked out. If you're going to pinpoint his short-comings, surely it's irrational to ignore his good moments. The guy is 22. Comparing his averages to 25 year old JDG this year is pretty interesting...

JS - 1.0 Goal, 2.8 I50, 4.5 Score Involvements, 3.5 Tackles, 2.5 R50, 20.8 Disposals, 65% DE, 5.5 Contested Possessions, 395 Metres Gained, 2.8 Clearances

JDG - 1.8 Goal, 2.3 I50, 6.3 Score Involvements, 1.8 Tackles, 0.3 R50, 14.8 Disposals, 54% DE, 5.8 Contested Possessions, 248 Metres Gained, 2.3 Clearances

Strange level of bitterness on here about a player that was kicked out. If you're going to pinpoint his short-comings, surely it's irrational to ignore his good moments. The guy is 22. Comparing his averages to 25 year old JDG this year is pretty interesting...

JS - 1.0 Goal, 2.8 I50, 4.5 Score Involvements, 3.5 Tackles, 2.5 R50, 20.8 Disposals, 65% DE, 5.5 Contested Possessions, 395 Metres Gained, 2.8 Clearances

JDG - 1.8 Goal, 2.3 I50, 6.3 Score Involvements, 1.8 Tackles, 0.3 R50, 14.8 Disposals, 54% DE, 5.8 Contested Possessions, 248 Metres Gained, 2.3 Clearances
It's not strange, he burned us numerous times by flashing great potential and then squibbing it when he had to go. You'll get used to it - you got a taste last night.

JDG has been unequivocally disappointing this year.

His 3rd Q yesterday was elite. When he has a better side around him, he will become more consistent.
Can I ask how closely you watched him? One of his issues here which he obviously hasn’t corrected is that he is completely unaccountable as a footballer. I’m not saying he needs to play man on man but there were so many occassions yesterday where the Crows set up attacks from defence through Stephenson’s man (and Stephenson was almost beside him before he took off and he just watched).
Happened in the 3rd qtr again when he was in the middle and the Crows had the ball. His man just took off from midfield into the forward line while Stephenson just stood planted in midfield. I’d love to see the stats where it measures how much your lack of simple accountability costs the team.
But he is obviously your ‘superstar’ and good luck with him.
I just don’t get why you are here crying on the Collingwood thread on our opinions??!!

One is a small full forward, one is a small wingman...

Can I ask how closely you watched him? One of his issues here which he obviously hasn’t corrected is that he is completely unaccountable as a footballer. I’m not saying he needs to play man on man but there were so many occassions yesterday where the Crows set up attacks from defence through Stephenson’s man (and Stephenson was almost beside him before he took off and he just watched).
Happened in the 3rd qtr again when he was in the middle and the Crows had the ball. His man just took off from midfield into the forward line while Stephenson just stood planted in midfield. I’d love to see the stats where it measures how much your lack of simple accountability costs the team.
I just don’t get why you are here crying on the Collingwood thread on our opinions??!!

Settle down sour grapes. Being at the game I’ll back in that I watched him closer then you. Albeit, you’re clearly dealing with a pretty big grudge so perhaps I’m wrong to assume and in fact you were obsessing over his every move.

He’s hardly a finished product, has things he definitely needs to address, whilst also possessing some elite qualities (some that neither club has on their list currently). My view is that Collingwood/Buckley went too early on JS & Collingwood will be worse off for it.

Settle down sour grapes. Being at the game I’ll back in that I watched him closer then you. Albeit, you’re clearly dealing with a pretty big grudge so perhaps I’m wrong to assume and in fact you were obsessing over his every move.

He’s hardly a finished product, has things he definitely needs to address, whilst also possessing some elite qualities (some that neither club has on their list currently). My view is that Collingwood/Buckley went too early on JS & Collingwood will be worse off for it.

Hope your dozen members kept you warm at the game.

You obviously didn’t watch him or you’re hanging on to hope for your ‘super star’. All good. Unlike while at Collingwood, I’m sure he will never be dropped at the Roos.

I still don’t understand why you are here. Possibly trying to convince yourself he really is the second coming? The guy you’re looking for is the the Swans. And the other at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and you have no idea what actually went on

Yes most of us spewing his gone.....for free as well

Hope your dozen members kept you warm at the game.

You obviously didn’t watch him or you’re hanging on to hope for your ‘super star’. All good. Unlike while at Collingwood, I’m sure he will never be dropped at the Roos.

I still don’t understand why you are here. Possibly trying to convince yourself he really is the second coming? The guy you’re looking for is the the Swans. And the other at Melbourne.

Quality digs from you - You should also make mention that we will be relocating to Tassie, or even call us "Norf", might make you feel better also.

I've decided to comment "here" because this thread is now about a North player, and you're throwing unnecessary jabs at him after a pretty promising start to his season, to again, make yourself feel better.

Quality digs from you - You should also make mention that we will be relocating to Tassie, or even call us "Norf", might make you feel better also.

I've decided to comment "here" because this thread is now about a North player, and you're throwing unnecessary jabs at him after a pretty promising start to his season, to again, make yourself feel better.

Look, your poverty stricken club bent us over at the trade table. Our club is also pretty ****ed. We are going to be bitter no matter what happens. Also, don't leave your beer unattended around Jaydo ;)

Why are you bringing up Jordan. Most people on this board agree that he is over rated and not very good.

Not sure how the kid is going to cope with the Tassie winters. Don’t worry, if he goes missing he is probably in the stands. Playing a little too ‘outside’.

But hurry along and make sure you never accept an Apple Cider from him.

Who was his man and what time of game did it happen?

Not that I don't believe you, I'd like to have a look at it.

Don’t be lazy. Go and watch the replay. Trust me, you won’t have to look too hard. And you’ll see it happened on a number of occassions.

Clear as day, his lack of accountability here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back