Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He kicked 2.2 in todays practice match & set up another, in a team where the 2nd string midfield was badly beaten.

He looked a bit lost in the midfield, but was dangerous as usual up forward.
I agree. Which is why up forward is where he needs to be. Just gets lost otherwise. Utilize his strengths which is his pace and goal kicking. Probably something you guys could need.

He kicked 2.2 in todays practice match & set up another, in a team where the 2nd string midfield was badly beaten.

He looked a bit lost in the midfield, but was dangerous as usual up forward.
1st instalment of what is likely to come back and haunt us for the next decade. Solid return from a forward in a team getting pumped. I think with time and better teammates around him he will adjust to the midfield and its the best combination. A mid who can go forward and be dangerous. You guys will love him for years.

Still can’t understand why we traded a talented 21 year old kid who still hasn’t reached his prime for practically nothing.For me it was the strangest decision in an overall terrible trade period for us.

He's not a midfielder.

I don't think so either.

A forward who can go high up the ground & double back? Sure.

Not a starting midfielder though.

Still can’t understand why we traded a talented 21 year old kid who still hasn’t reached his prime for practically nothing.For me it was the strangest decision in an overall terrible trade period for us.

Only think I can think of the Playing Group Turned on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar sounds like then he was bit of a Pain for the Club

He certainly "did not go gentle in to that good night", but you could hardly blame him either.

It was a very bad moment for the Collingwood FC.

Surely it was about the cap & Treloar holding out to the last minute?
add to that his attitude.

Whether it was the team 'turning on him' or his attitude, its a moot point. Whats clear was that there was something wrong with his fit at Collingwood.

His highs were high and his lows were low. Watch the game last year against Port Adelaide. He was clearly scared of contact and was having a down game in general, the look on his face said it all.

Not taking away from his skill and ability - but it was clear he wasn't going to work out at Collingwood.

Whether it was the team 'turning on him' or his attitude, its a moot point. Whats clear was that there was something wrong with his fit at Collingwood.

Agree.

$550,000 worth of "fit".

His highs were high and his lows were low. Watch the game last year against Port Adelaide. He was clearly scared of contact and was having a down game in general, the look on his face said it all.

Not taking away from his skill and ability - but it was clear he wasn't going to work out at Collingwood.
Not sure why everyone is taking this view. We had a major cap issue, 3 players left who were on big contracts making them vulnerable. You could point to all 3 and say they had problems but without the cap problem all 3 would still be at Collingwood. People are reading too much into any other issues.

Whoops wrong Video:

I guess that's the thing about highlights. They don't show any of the bad things. Even our own training reports don't have " so and so made no defensive efforts, didn't lay a tackle etc". We know he can get on the end of scoring chains. That was never the knock.

Not sure why everyone is taking this view. We had a major cap issue, 3 players left who were on big contracts making them vulnerable. You could point to all 3 and say they had problems but without the cap problem all 3 would still be at Collingwood. People are reading too much into any other issues.
Not sure why you are taking the view that discounts that there were times last year where Stephenson couldn't get a game, Phillips lost his wing position and Treloar only played half the games due to what appears to be chronic soft tissue injuries.

I guess that's the thing about highlights. They don't show any of the bad things. Even our own training reports don't have " so and so made no defensive efforts, didn't lay a tackle etc". We know he can get on the end of scoring chains. That was never the knock.

Not sure why you are taking the view that discounts that there were times last year where Stephenson couldn't get a game....

He picked up about 20 disposals as well.

I think a few of you folks are pretty harsh on him, because crikey, has there been a top side in the competition that has made it as hard for their forwards as Collingwood in 2020?

1st for disposals, 18th for metres gained & 10th for inside 50's? Those are dead set forward killer statistics.

I reckon you have to factor the coach if you're going to be critical of Jaidyn.

He picked up about 20 disposals as well.

I think a few of you folks are pretty harsh on him, because crikey, has there been a top side in the competition that has made it as hard for their forwards as Collingwood in 2020?

1st for disposals, 18th for metres gained & 10th for inside 50's? Those are dead set forward killer statistics.

I reckon you have to factor the coach if you're going to be critical of Jaidyn.
I reckon you should factor in why two coaches have now tried to move Stephenson out of position despite him being such a natural forward.

Not sure why you are taking the view that discounts that there were times last year where Stephenson couldn't get a game, Phillips lost his wing position and Treloar only played half the games due to what appears to be chronic soft tissue injuries.
Phillips played 70 straight was never dropped. He missed late season when he was injured. Club mucked up his comtract and he ended meeting too many clauses so we were actively forcing him out from 2019. It was pretty nasty and to his credit he took it as business. That’s hearing stories from his side.

Stevo had a terrible 2020, hub probably a big reason, we know he is better than that and without the cap issue we keep working on him

Treloar A grade or just off, unlikely any of the new recruits are ever at his level. You don’t burn that talent who are good club men unless you have problems like the cap

I am not saying these players didn’t have some issues

Do you believe we would have sold them off for so little without our cap issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back