Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're reading too much into it - I've never heard "on the outer" to mean anything other than being out of form or out of favour for selection. Nothing to do with all that other stuff you mentioned, Stephenson simply isn't doing enough to demand selection right now
Well that's just not true.

Plenty of times a player that has reportee to have been on the outer just hasn't been seen as best 22. It doesn't necessarily mean there are behavioural issues etc

I'll use this recent article from AFL.com for example

Alright, that's good. There's plenty of instances where that phrase can be intended to have other meanings, too.

Both in this thread, in others, and in the media, there has been the implication that there's more to Stphenson's non-selection than meets the eye, and that he is or should be on his way out of Collingwood.

Personally, I think that's a bunch of cap, and it's a simple case of him not playing well enough, and still having areas of his game to work on.

I'd be surprised if he's not at Collingwood in 2021 and beyond.

Not sure the club would be that keen to move him on given he is contracted.

I’m also in the camp that our cap issues are being massively sensationalised and overblown. So not sure that’s a massive issue.

Trade value would probably be comfortably somewhere in that 10-15 range IMO. Only third year in and his output in well above his peers (apart from mature ages), even considering some significant issues along the way.

Not sure the club would be that keen to move him on given he is contracted.

I’m also in the camp that our cap issues are being massively sensationalised and overblown. So not sure that’s a massive issue.

Trade value would probably be comfortably somewhere in that 10-15 range IMO. Only third year in and his output in well above his peers (apart from mature ages), even considering some significant issues along the way.
If a former pick 6 can perform as well as he has for 2 seasons, and still depreciate to a pick 10-15 in a compromised draft year off the back of 1 injury riddled season, then either draft picks are still being severely overrated or we have 15 future Chris Judds in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a former pick 6 can perform as well as he has for 2 seasons, and still depreciate to a pick 10-15 in a compromised draft year off the back of 1 injury riddled season, then either draft picks are still being severely overrated or we have 15 future Chris Judds in this draft.

That’s why I said comfortably.

Collingwood can have the Hawks pick 3.

Hawthorn hold North's second pick. This is a baseless hypothetical but if they were able to upgrade their first to Hawthorn's and bring in North's 2nd pick, they could have a top 3 pick and still match a high bid for McInness.

What's that worth to them? Surely Stephenson and then some.

Zero interest if he actually has off-field issues (IDK if he does that's just speculation) but I'd hand over whatever our first ends up being without hesitation if him being out of the team is just form. Of course he's unlikely to be interested heading west but then I suspect Aish wasn't either.

Hawthorn hold North's second pick. This is a baseless hypothetical but if they were able to upgrade their first to Hawthorn's and bring in North's 2nd pick, they could have a top 3 pick and still match a high bid for McInness.

What's that worth to them? Surely Stephenson and then some.

I doubt McInnis gets bid before collingwoods current R1 anyway so I doubt that's enticing to Collingwood. and regardless hawthorn can't trade 3 unless they bring another R1 so 3 and north 2nd for Stephenson and collingwoods R1 (currently 13) would have to be the offer and I doubt Collingwood take that.

If Collingwood were willing to listen to offers, that would be a massive red flag to me.

Big word there is IF.

Article was an Opionon Piece from nothing from Collingwood or Stephenson

Would want him at the hawks, but would definitely not want to give up pick 3 for him. Hard to see Collingwood accepting anything other than a decent player or a first round pick for him. I know he's not in the best 22 right now but he's shown a lot for a 21 year old small forward.

Jack Gunston probably appeals to Collingwood as he'd fit well between Cameron as the #1 big forward and Mihocek as a 3rd marking forward. Reckon Mihocek will benefit greatly once Collingwood has 2 decent marking targets and he can take a smaller defender to exploit in the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back