Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Dropped for the 2nd time this Year.

Has Glandular Fever start of the Year that has held him back but starting to look there is something else at Play.

There been a Rumor around that he is not happy at Collingwood and looking to leave. Another Melbourne Team has made him a Massive Offers/

I don't think he will leave but just saying about that Rumor

I think starting this thread just started the rumor to be honest as where did this story come from, is it a legit source or Facebook?

The Rumor been around for Months.

Suppose come from a Suppose Reliable Poster on Extreme Black and White Board

The Rumor been around for Months.

Suppose come from a Suppose Reliable Poster on Extreme Black and White Board
Yet it hasn’t spread or popped up anywhere else like things normally do when it might be legit. Stevo isn’t getting traded. The club isn’t going to chuck out a player who’s had a down year in exceptional circumstances.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the outer at the Pies

Contracted for another year but reports are that the Pies will have to trade players out to fit Degoey and Moore in

Sam Edmund has suggested clubs think he's gettable and may be in Collingwoods shop window

Its hard to know what his value would be. I'm sure Collingwood would be looking for a high pick?

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Should suddenly be our no 1 target. I suspect our straight out first may not be quite enough.
Assuming it's around pick 10, that absolutely should be enough. He has all the potential in the world, but the reality is that he has been dropped or left out numerous times this year and hasn't performed which hurts his value.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
"On the outer"?

His form simply isn't warranting continued selection.

Should be plenty of cap room to accommodate too, given the players that will likely retire at year's end, plus recent contract changes and retirements and delisting too.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
"On the outer"?

His form simply isn't warranting continued selection.

Should be plenty of cap room to accommodate too, given the players that will likely retire at year's end, plus recent contract changes and retirements and delisting too.
Well he's currently not in Collingwoods best 22 so yes he's on the outer.

Your thoughts on the salary cap are very different to what is being portrayed in the media so time will tell I guess.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Well he's currently not in Collingwoods best 22 so yes he's on the outer.

Your thoughts on the salary cap are very different to what is being portrayed in the media so time will tell I guess.

You know that saying "on the outer" in this context implies more than just being out of the side. Behavioural issues, secret suspension, rift with coaching staff or teammates, etc. IMO he just hasn't been playing well enough.

A modicum of research into the club's list and contract statuses would show there's no bigger "cap squeeze" at Collingwood than there would be at every other top 8 club. The media will always take the sensational angle over the unsexy truth, though.

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Something is up.

Would much rather we keep him as we know the talent is there, but everyone has a price - his is hard to determine.

At the start of the year I would have had him in the untouchable category, and now I almost want him gone. He has been complete trash this year.

It's one of those things that can only really be assessed internally, as much as I have no faith in Collingwood's current judgement. If he looks like he is committed, then he is too talented to trade. But if his mental game is in serious doubt, then make the call and take what you can get.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Talented young player, and certainly a worthwhile pick 6.

However, I have some concerns regarding his ability to transition further up the ground or become a contested threat inside 50. Sickness could be the reason for this, alongside why his pace seemed above-average this season but not as explosive as we once thought. He really needs to build more muscles in both his legs and upper body to increase power/acceleration. At the moment, he's somewhat a 1-trick pony, can lead-up/crumb like other small forwards, but struggles in other areas.

Although I wouldn't trade him for cheap, as his value has appreciated since his draft year despite his underperformance this year. Well I mean even at this stage, he's still very good compared to his small forward peers at the same age, but no he's not worth 2x top 5 picks like some pies fans think... Anyways, if the right deals comes through involving a KPF, we would be fools not to at least consider it.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You know that saying "on the outer" in this context implies more than just being out of the side. Behavioural issues, secret suspension, rift with coaching staff or teammates, etc. IMO he just hasn't been playing well enough.
I think you're reading too much into it - I've never heard "on the outer" to mean anything other than being out of form or out of favour for selection. Nothing to do with all that other stuff you mentioned, Stephenson simply isn't doing enough to demand selection right now

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
You know that saying "on the outer" in this context implies more than just being out of the side. Behavioural issues, secret suspension, rift with coaching staff
Well that's just not true.

Plenty of times a player that has reportee to have been on the outer just hasn't been seen as best 22. It doesn't necessarily mean there are behavioural issues etc

I'll use this recent article from AFL.com for example

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Talented young player, and certainly a worthwhile pick 6.

However, I have some concerns regarding his ability to transition further up the ground or become a contested threat inside 50. Sickness could be the reason for this, alongside why his pace seemed above-average this season but not as explosive as we once thought. He really needs to build more muscles in both his legs and upper body to increase power/acceleration. At the moment, he's somewhat a 1-trick pony, can lead-up/crumb like other small forwards, but struggles in other areas.

Although I wouldn't trade him for cheap, as his value has appreciated since his draft year despite his underperformance this year. Well I mean even at this stage, he's still very good compared to his small forward peers at the same age, but no he's not worth 2x top 5 picks like some pies fans think... Anyways, if the right deals comes through involving a KPF, we would be fools not to at least consider it.

2 x top 5 picks?

What are they smoking?

If the Pies have a cap issue in ponying up for Moore, De Goey and Mihocek then I can't see him getting them more than a late 1st early 2nd. Even a mid 2nd.

Off field issues, form issues and getting dropped several times does not increase your trade value, especially for a small forward who floats in and out of games almost every game.

Back