Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
stevens interview on trade radio was pretty damning. he sounded like he forgot to toe the fake 'everyones all happy its all good' line, giving the club a big clip on the way out. the fact that he wasnt even told he was up for trade for days until he called buckley, and got nothing except 'yeah go find a new club', no hint of an explanation, is pretty poor.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a steal. Exactly the kind of player we need, a rich man's Kayne Turner.

He's the one who put a few small bets on himself a couple years back, right?

Good. I like a player who backs himself in to get the job done :thumbsu:

Who will kick more goals next season? Stephenson or Brown? My money's on Stephenson.

And that's despite the fact that I expect North to finish bottom three in 2021.

What's going on over at the Lexus Centre?

A certain somebody been spending too many nights at the Spearmint Rhino, losing his mind a little from too much fun?

North vs Collingwood next season deserves to be a Friday or Saturday Night fixture, just to see what Stephenson does on the occasion.

If Robbie Nahas could destroy Richmond while wearing the Blue and White, what will a fit and firing Stephenson do to the Pies?

I tried to tell you guys that the Shnoz was a shrewd operator but you just wouldn't listen, would you?

r90_169_1275_1797_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Few pies fans callers SEN not happy
Not sure they understand salary cap issue
they can be unhappy while understanding the salary issues. they can be pissed that their club has been negligent in managing it as well as the frankly pathetic way they have managed the players during the trade period.

youd think players will think twice about joining them in the next few years. especially when they see that they sold the dream to treloar, then asked him to defer payment because they went overboard, and are now trying to ship him off.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Bucks has definately lost all the supporters with what he is doing to the pies it is amazing to watch
That’s the second young bloke he’s told that his team mates want him out.

I call bullshit.

I bet you both Treloar and. Steph are far more well liked and respected by the playing group than the coach.

Buckley would never have played a game if he relied on being wanted by his teammates.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
he had to call Bucks to find out he was up for trade

quite disgraceful really, must be chaos at the Pies with communication lines breaking down like that, who is in charge?

Not really Buckley's fault, he's a coach not a list managers. Sounds like he is cleaning up somebody else's mess, he should of transfered the call along with Treloar.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Stephenson speaks well for a young man. North have effectively swapped out Brown for him, done well I think. Also helps he is the type Scott Clayton seems to love drafting. :)

You're not saying he is Jarrad Grant 2.0... 😢

You're not saying he is Jarrad Grant 2.0... 😢

Clayton loves talented skinny flanker types.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
stevens interview on trade radio was pretty damning. he sounded like he forgot to toe the fake 'everyones all happy its all good' line, giving the club a big clip on the way out. the fact that he wasnt even told he was up for trade for days until he called buckley, and got nothing except 'yeah go find a new club', no hint of an explanation, is pretty poor.

For all the s**t North got on Brown, we were (reportedly) very clear on where he stood. Might be s**t for Brown, but we offered him a contract he turned down, and then told him to find a new home well out from trade period. He would have talked to however many clubs he wanted too.

Stephenson, according to his own story, found out through his manager it was a possibility and then a week later got a call from Bucks, not the list management. Then only met with us. Which is not a great way to change clubs in my opinion, definitely should talk to other clubs, but he didn't really get a heap of opportunity to do so.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
For all the sh*t North got on Brown, we were (reportedly) very clear on where he stood. Might be sh*t for Brown, but we offered him a contract he turned down, and then told him to find a new home well out from trade period. He would have talked to however many clubs he wanted too.

Stephenson, according to his own story, found out through his manager it was a possibility and then a week later got a call from Bucks, not the list management. Then only met with us. Which is not a great way to change clubs in my opinion, definitely should talk to other clubs, but he didn't really get a heap of opportunity to do so.

It is worse than that I think. From what Stephenson said it sounds like he had to call Buckley to find out what was going on. Buckley did not call him.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
It is worse than that I think. From what Stephenson said it sounds like he had to call Buckley to find out what was going on. Buckley did not call him.

I suspect Buckley didnt have his phone number

"The team thinks you are too closed off and not welcoming to the club staff, Quite frankly all the players want you gone Adam"
"Adam?, Its me Jaidyn"
"Oh, well Jaidyn, The team thinks you are too closed off and not welcoming to the club staff, Quite frankly all the players want you gone"

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
whatever makes you happy to be rebuilding through a draft where most players have no exposed form for 12 months I guess
Ouch - you just picked up 2 1st round picks in this years terrible draft!!!! You must be shattered.

Lucky Bris gets the joy of 2021 Dee death ride.

Fantastic for North, awful for the Pies.

I'm a massive fan of Stephenson. If he can knuckle down and stay out of trouble he'll be fantastic for them.

Don't know much about Atu but no issues with bringing in another kid given where North are at. Nothing to lose at that price.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair to Buckley it is probably a decision by the list managers (that he may not agree with) that he has been put on the spot to explain.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
When Buckley told him that they wanted to trade him after Buckley needed to be contacted by Stevo.....

Wouldnt your first response be something like "Thats not exactly a small thing in my life where you only tell me when I decide to contact you based on what Ive been hearing"

Back