Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
You are kidding yourself if you believe it will be faster than 4-5 years with the clean out north have made, They will most likely turnover another 10-12 players in the next 2 years with retirements and delistings. I would say North are in a similar position to carlton was when Sos was appointed.
I cant see them playing finals until atleast 2024
i disagree , you need to give them hope (even false one).

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You are kidding yourself if you believe it will be faster than 4-5 years with the clean out north have made, They will most likely turnover another 10-12 players in the next 2 years with retirements and delistings. I would say North are in a similar position to carlton was when Sos was appointed.

I personally expect it to be like this, IF we make the right decisions from a coaching and list management perspective...

2021 - 18th-15th
2022 - 15th-12th
2023 - 12th-8th
2024 - Hopefully a finals birth

So in theory, I agree that 2024 is the most likely (pending a lot of good decisions). 2023 is a very slim chance and would allow no room for error. I think a better comparison that I’d hope we align with is Brisbane when Fagan took over.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast

It shouldn't take any club 5 years to get their s**t together from the bottom. Every club turns over 10 players every couple of years. They have quality youth on their list already so if they're not on the way up by 2022 I'll be surprised

It's not going to take 4-5 years for North to head back up the ladder, they've already been rebuilding and have a quality group of 20-22yos in LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Larkey, Zurhaar, Taylor and now Stephenson who should all come on together within the next couple years
Yeh this is the most impressed ive even been with our under 23 crop

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

This clean out, If it’s going to destroy North on field as you say it will, name me the players that we’ve lost that are going to cause this cataclysmic reduction of on field output?

Ben Jacobs who hasn't played in 3 years?
Mason Wood?
Sam Durdin?
Paul Ahern?
Marley Williams?
Tom Murphy?
Joel Crocker?
Jasper Pittard?

I’d argue we will gain a better player next year than any player we lost this offseason. I’m sure you can’t name him though.

We literally lose nothing on the field delisting these players.

Last edited:

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This clean out, If it’s going to destroy North on field as you say it will, name me the players that we’ve lost that are going to cause this cataclysmic reduction of on field output?

Mason Wood?
Sam Durdin?
Paul Ahern?
Marley Williams?
Tom Murphy?
Joel Crocker?
Jasper Pittard?

I’d argue we will gain a better player next year than any player we lost this offseason. I’m sure you can’t name him though.

We've already added two players that are better than every single player we delisted and who are both young enough to be part of our long-term future in Corr and Stephenson.

Young, too, is probably better than half the players we cut, and more importantly in the modern game, he's a better kick than most of them.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think every team will turn over 10 -12 players in the next 2 years. We are not unique in that scense.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I think every team will turn over 10 -12 players in the next 2 years. We are not unique in that scense.
On top of what looks to be 15 players + this year ?
could be 30 players from the list in 2 years and if you think thats not a total start from the bottom up rebuild you kidding your self

Im not expecting to see North challenging finals until 2024/2025 at the earliest

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
could be 30 players from the list in 2 years and if you think thats not a total start from the bottom up rebuild you kidding your self

Im not expecting to see North challenging finals until 2024/2025 at the earliest
There is no way known we will delist another 15 players next year. I know you are a pretty switched on poster so who in your opinion will be the 15 just a rough idea will do me.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The only real players that are under pressure to perform in 2021 are Hall, Tyson and Campbell all of which have been spuds since they came to us and two of them have barely played in the past 2 seasons which leaves Aaron Hall as the only one who might hurt but he'll probably be pushed out of the best 22 because players like Taylor and Thomas are coming back from injuries and new recruits Hollands (maybe) and Stephenson are coming in as well.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Mason Wood?
Sam Durdin?
Paul Ahern?
Marley Williams?
Tom Murphy?
Joel Crocker?
Jasper Pittard?

Believe me, North's list cull is short term gain for long term gain, and Brady Rawlings (or whoever is in charge of recruiting at North) has had the decency to open and upfront with the Roos members, no spin, no lies, no blaming on past players partner's (like a certain other club in Melbourne)

Ironically enough I feel their future is a lot more secure and bright than any time under Brad Scott' s tenure which was a mixed bag.

They are not deluding themselves or their supporters that close enough is good enough or they cannot afford to bottom out and hit the draft for a few years.

And FWIW I think if anyone is the next Dusty Martin in this league, it is Cam Zuhaar, he is such an elite bull that lad.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Believe me, North's list cull is short term gain for long term gain, and Brady Rawlings (or whoever is in charge of recruiting at North) has had the decency to open and upfront with the Roos members, no spin, no lies, no blaming on past players partner's (like a certain other club in Melbourne)

Ironically enough I feel their future is a lot more secure and bright than any time under Brad Scott' s tenure which was a mixed bag.

They are not deluding themselves or their supporters that close enough is good enough or they cannot afford to bottom out and hit the draft for a few years.

And FWIW I think if anyone is the next Dusty Martin in this league, it is Cam Zuhaar, he is such an elite bull that lad.
He's got a lot of work to do over pre-seasons if he wants to become a Dusty-like player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He has a few Dusty-like special moves deep forward, but please.

Dusty is to mid-forwarding what Carey is to CHF - The best we'll ever see - Cam is an inconsistent yet thoroughly entertaining footballer with upside. There's not much between him and De Goey if the truth be told

It was roughly 15 players that have been delisted already this year and most likely another 15 in the next 2 years

And it could have been 20, what's your point?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It was roughly 15 players that have been delisted already this year and most likely another 15 in the next 2 years

The club literally said in a Q&A session with members 3 days ago that we are currently forecasting for 4 picks in the 2021 draft.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, nah. Love me some Cam Z, but Dusty is a generational player and genuinely one of the very best to ever do it. Zurhaar is well suited to that mid-sized forward in the modern game in that he kicks goals and is actually quite creative with the ball as well as being a good pressure player, and I hope he can improve his game to the point where he's around the mark for a spot in the AA squad (so a top 50 player), but even then he wouldn't be half the player of Martin. And that's no slight on Cam, it's just that Dusty is that good.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well that did not tell me anything. I was pretty sure i asked who will be the 15 next year and you just echoed your previous post. I suppose i will have to wait for next year to see the 15 we delist next year.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

Cam Z is certainly a bull, but surely you are taking the pi$$ saying he is the next Dusty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like I said, holds no value - I wasn't trying to troll but was being realistic.

Not all new posters here are trolls and should perhaps be given more of a go before jumping down their throat 😒

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dropped again this week.

Some serious red flags around this bloke. Been off the boil all season for North.

Might be on the footy scrapheap soon if he doesnt pull his head in and actually starting putting in (both at games and at training)

Can see why the Pies got rid of him now tbh

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dropped again this week.

Some serious red flags around this bloke. Been off the boil all season for North.

Might be on the footy scrapheap soon if he doesnt pull his head in and actually starting putting in (both at games and at training)

Can see why the Pies got rid of him now tbh
Haven’t watched him at North so don’t know what’s happening but he’s such a pure footy talent and it’d be such a waste if he didn’t become a 200 gamer. Hopefully he gets his S together and shows what he is capable of.

Back