Player Watch Jaidyn Stephenson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60 Yards Out

Senior List
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
For me that is Worst Case Scenario on what he could Develop Into is someone who is Dangerous Forward
Couldn't agree more. The ability to inspire acute, cringing, hand-wringing, panic-attack-inducing embarrassment in opposition defenders is a priceless and rare quality, to be nurtured to its fullest potential and then ruthlessly exploited. All with a smile. Please... don't turn him into a midfielder until he's kicked so many goals that he's bored with it.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
May have plenty of time to work on his tattooing skills. I'm predicting him to return with more ink than Swanny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEWITHSAUCE

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The last kid I would've expected to be so silly.................there's a "drafting IQ' joke in there somewhere. Geez. :(

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
This is where political correctness kicks in yet again.. bloke makes a $50 bet.. news for the next mth.. looking at every angle every loophole humanly possible.. makes a mistake let's not destroy the kid.. f give him a week if that.. and be done with it. Like the Afl gives a **** anyway.

jathanas

Spec Moderator
Aug 17, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
Why? Just, why? :( Crap news.

I'd like to be able to say something ageist like "youth is wasted on the young", but I've seen too much problem gambling to try localise it like that.

I hope he learns from this and repays the club for this f* up.

The AFL will rightfully punish him but then continue to align itself with bookmakers, of course.

Tarkyn_24

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 23, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
If there is any truth to the rumour Stephenson is an absolute drop kick.

You earn how much a year to play football professionally? You go through how many training courses around conduct and what you can and can’t do? And then you still somehow justify to yourself that you can bet on an AFL result? Particularly one you have an active involvement in??

There is no justification. Once again, if the rumour is true, he is an absolute fool and will deserve whatever consequences come his way. What the **** was he thinking?

Turns out Higgins isn’t the stupidest bloke in the AFL. Who’d have thought.

magpie_marty

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just watching a replay of on the couch I get two betting adds,
And look I have no idea if this plays a part,But personally i HAVE DISLIKED GAMBLING ADDS RE AFL.For years
If this gambling is true so be it cop the time serve the crime,
Live and learn.
Not going to lynch this guy I love what Stephenson and what he has in terms of TALENT!

In a perfect world we would all be perfect.

NT.Thunder

Don't hate what you don't understand
Jun 19, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
GWS, Brewers, WSL
**** me he's 20 years old. Let him make mistakes and pay his dues.

Thedivided

Debutant
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Man some people are overreacting here, I've met Stevo a couple of times and found him to be as down to earth and nice a bloke as any. So he probably made a little mistake get over it. A 50 dollar bet is nothing the only way you justify consequences were if he backed Melbourne to win or something similar it's not a huge issue. As stated earlier this has come at a good time for the afl to turn attention from the security issues of late.

Not the end of the world move on.

Saintly Viewed

bear time
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Man some people are overreacting here, I've met Stevo a couple of times and found him to be as down to earth and nice a bloke as any. So he probably made a little mistake get over it. A 50 dollar bet is nothing the only way you justify consequences were if he backed Melbourne to win or something similar it's not a huge issue. As stated earlier this has come at a good time for the afl to turn attention from the security issues of late.

Not the end of the world move on.
Too sensible.

Top Bottom