Player Watch Jaidyn Stephenson

Vicky Park

Premium Platinum
Sep 11, 2012
Umm...
AFL Club
Collingwood
Literally counting down the days until his return. Not because I expect he can save us - he can’t. But if we stay in the eight, get a few more back, and are able to find some semblance of our pre-bye form, then we can at least go down fighting. Would be nice to take someone down with us too. Richmond for example.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

loki04

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never understood why they decided to go that way....
Dont even know what my phone was doing with that jumbled mess of a word. Retention.

Luckily for us our brains can read scrambled words and still translate them.

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

loki04

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Stephenson was hitting his best form just before the suspension. He was a slow starter this year, but he was enormous while De Goey missed a few weeks, and was improving by the week (apart from the sloppy goal-kicking). In my opinion, he was having a terrific season. Huge loss.

When you look at guys like Stephenson and Quaynor, it just shows how important it is to go to the draft and recruit genuine talent. Not having a 1st pick this year will hurt a lot. But hopefully we can get back into the draft and get some more young talent.
This ^^.

No doubt for a second year player he is having a good season but he did start out slow (even if he was averaging teens disposals all year) his form was meh early before he started hitting some really good form (more dangerous/lively) around the lions game. imo

DaVe86

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
This ^^.

No doubt for a second year player he is having a good season but he did start out slow (even if he was averaging teens disposals all year) his form was meh early before he started hitting some really good form (more dangerous/lively) around the lions game. imo
I think early in the year they tried him more on the wing because Jamie Elliott and De Goey were occupying the forward positions, and we still had JT playing ok. It probably didn't work.

But he was then moved to FF starting from the goal-square, and he was very impressive thereafter.

He isn't the sole reason why our form has dropped off, but we clearly miss him.

Apex36

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
One mistake doesn’t define an entire persons character.
If you’re quick to hang Carey out to dry, you should be with Stephenson.
You’re right, one mistake doesn’t define a persons character. Multiple, violent mistakes do though, so I’m not sure that Carey is one you should be defending here.

sr36

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
One mistake doesn’t define an entire persons character.
If you’re quick to hang Carey out to dry, you should be with Stephenson.
Not a good example. One made a stupid breach of the rules that wasn't anti-social or harmful to others in the slightest. The other has a string of breaches that are extremely anti-social and harmful to others.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not a good example. One made a stupid breach of the rules that wasn't anti-social or harmful to others in the slightest. The other has a string of breaches that are extremely anti-social and harmful to others.
Total agreement Carey is an absolute slime ball and totally unrepentant.

If it had been my missus he tapped into his football career would have ended as soon as I found out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Premium Gold
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the reason "certain" players shouldn't use social media and have private accounts.

From a lovely family event/pic you get some ridiculous comments about betting.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
Been well publicized that he’s been working his backside off.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have I missed something? Wishing his mum a happy birthday on social media is pouncing around?
AFL players live in a fish bowl, that is accepted by one and all. After his misdemeanor earilier in the year it should have been obvious to him, as indeed it is to most of us that giving anyone a handle on his personal life was inviting trouble from the redneck element.

It's well past time some of us here acknowledged and accepted that young players are their own worst enemy with social media.

Anyway - he opened up his defenses and got one in the cobblers - which was always on the cards considering his deed and the fact he is a Pies player.

Top Bottom