Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think you're asking him to be Maynard but I think you're a bit harsh in your judgement of him mate. Players like Didak and Stevenson will never be accussed of going in hard everytime but they will win you games off their boot. They are able to do things that can lift a team.

Stevo is out of form lacking size, fitness, and confidence. He is currently played in a role that he isn't suited to. We tried to play him into form up the ground but it hasn't worked and it's hurting him and the team.

Yes they are I never said they weren't skilled or able to impact with skill, not sure what that has to do with the other?

Other teams have similar types who also are asked to become more reliable in this area and do, Clarko wouldn't stand for it for example.

It can be an area of fixing without the need to over do it or say well we just cant ask that of him cause hes an skinny outside type. This is the wrong thinking imo.

I understand where you're coming from. I grew up in the era when junior coaches said things like "The only blokes who get hurt in footy are the ones that stand outside the packs, not the ones who go in..." and later on in seniors I heard several pretty well known coaches calling injured players "squibs"... but consider this: The bloke you're claiming needs to ingest cement has had to confront heart failure just to play the game. Sidestepping an opponent is considered a skill but avoiding a collision that might put you out of the game (for weeks) for a lightweight isn't all that stupid.

To my knowledge I haven't seen Jaidyn "not go" when its his turn. But if he has, I'm sure his coaches and team mates have already mentioned it to him. As I said earlier, I don't think you can get to AFL level if you lack competitive amounts of courage so I'm happy to watch this kids progression.

If you never saw Rowdy play, try and get some footage of him back in '86. He was built like Stepho but tried to play like Leigh Matthews!

Yeh, I think he knows his limits on the field with the size he is now. He has great skills and with hard work in the gym he can be anything. It’s just got to have the discipline to put that work in. I can’t see him progressing unless he puts on size similar to JDG.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes they are I never said they weren't skilled or able to impact with skill, not sure what that has to do with the other?

Other teams have similar types who also are asked to become more reliable in this area and do, Clarko wouldn't stand for it for example.

It can be an area of fixing without the need to over do it or say well we just cant ask that of him cause hes an skinny outside type. This is the wrong thinking imo.

I've seen Gunston short step.

Give Stevo a few good preseasons, some muscle on his body, some confidence, and he might surprise you.

Yeh, I think he knows his limits on the field with the size he is now. He has great skills and with hard work in the gym he can be anything. It’s just got to have the discipline to put that work in. I can’t see him progressing unless he puts on size similar to JDG.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JDG???? LOL
Stepho will be lucky to end up like Pendles who was also pretty skinny way back when!
De Goey's a truck.

Lol, when did I say that? Buckley is clearly misusing Stephenson. He’s shifted players around to great effect - Moore is a great example of that. It’s just not a good fit for Stephenson

in your earlier post #5175 you said you didn’t know why Buckley was playing Stevo upfield - I pointed out that it was a teaching strategy.
So now you know.

Can somebody facegram or instabook him and tell him to bring back the twirl.
Never been the same since he stopped.
Last night I thought I saw him slap the ball a couple of times before he kicked it.
Almost like, twirl it, twirl it - no I can’t!

Can somebody facegram or instabook him and tell him to bring back the twirl.
Never been the same since he stopped.
Last night I thought I saw him slap the ball a couple of times before he kicked it.
Almost like, twirl it, twirl it - no I can’t!
I actually noted this very thing to my brother last night when I saw that. When he was twirling it he was one of our most reliable kicks for goal, even dropping in a torp from outside 50.

Now that he's stopped, his form has evaporated. What gives?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually noted this very thing to my brother last night when I saw that. When he was twirling it he was one of our most reliable kicks for goal, even dropping in a torp from outside 50.

Now that he's stopped, his form has evaporated. What gives?
Coaches must hate it and Coach it out of Him

Got bit more of the Ball Tonight which was Promising

10 touches isn't much, problem is he's so one dimensional now.

He looks great with space to lead into at full forward, but with no space or if he's played anywhere else he looks terrible and scared of body contact. Big problems going forward he needs to solve

10 touches isn't much, problem is he's so one dimensional now.

He looks great with space to lead into at full forward, but with no space or if he's played anywhere else he looks terrible and scared of body contact. Big problems going forward he needs to solve

Lot of Young Players have that Problem

Stevo is better suited to basketball I feel.

inexcusable to take a mark and ignore the hard running senior player leading into open space closer to goal.

Add selfish to his soft characteristics as a footballer.
My gawd. Inexcusable?? Thomas wasn't in a good spot, is in career-worst form and hasn't kicked a score at all this season. Completely okay with Stephenson ignoring him

My gawd. Inexcusable?? Thomas wasn't in a good spot, is in career-worst form and hasn't kicked a score at all this season. Completely okay with Stephenson ignoring him

What about Daicos?

Granted the TV didn't show the forward line so I'm not sure if he was near a defender but he looked to be running into an open goal.

I thought it was Crisp, either way it doesn’t matter who it is. You ignore a lead like that, you kick the goal...simple. He missed, he needs to be traded before everybody realises he’s soft.

I thought it was Crisp, either way it doesn’t matter who it is. You ignore a lead like that, you kick the goal...simple. He missed, he needs to be traded before everybody realises he’s soft.
Horrible overreaction. He's out of form after being played out of position all season

What about Daicos?

Granted the TV didn't show the forward line so I'm not sure if he was near a defender but he looked to be running into an open goal.
The point is he never intended to pass, he didn’t push back off the mark quick enough. That is the first thing you do before settling for a set shot yourself.

Who needs to be traded?

Horrible overreaction. He's out of form after being played out of position all season
Name me one position on the field where you can carry a soft player that has a massive opportunity cost. WHE and Phillips I can cop, because they don’t have value on the open market. All three in the same team is a disaster.

trade the one that has the greatest value, before he is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back