Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked a million bucks today, until he had his set shots. Going to be some player, really looking forward to seeing where he takes his footy

Would of been BOG by a Mile today IF he Kicked those

Sam Walsh is probably the next best thing to Judd, Selwood I have seen. He’s an amazing talent straight out of the u18’s. Averaging 25 disposals and nearly 4 clearances only 12 games in. Kid’s a jet. Still hasn’t turned 19.
Walsh is a very good young player, but I'm not yet convinced that he's a special talent in the way Judd and Selwood were and I think Stephenson is.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Walsh is a very good young player, but I'm not yet convinced that he's a special talent in the way Judd and Selwood were and I think Stephenson is.

Fair enough. I don’t wish continued success on Carlton anyway. Bad enough that they have Cripps who is shaping up to be the greatest clearance player ever (since stats were recorded).

Fair enough. I don’t wish continued success on Carlton anyway. Bad enough that they have Cripps who is shaping up to be the greatest clearance player ever (since stats were recorded).

Cripps is the 1 of 2 Exact Types we Need

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
CFC (us by default) are very lucky to have three sublime medium sized forwards roaming the forward fifty arc. De Goey, Wilbur and now Stephenson, super!

Did he go to another level today ?,the marks ,the pressure , this young man is an absolute star .
Today he showed me he was an elite forward.
He missed a few, but the endeavour and positioning were on display.

Could be one of the greats.

Bookmark it.
In the same league as McKenna , Moore and Daicos.
This kid has it!

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
His forward craft is elite. Really noticeable being at the ground. Has such a synergy with the players delivering... he gets so many easy marks on the lead inside 50, purely because he runs his angles and times his runs PERFECTLY with when the ball carrier is ready to deliver.

That cannot be taught.

Jonno94

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
His forward craft is elite. Really noticeable being at the ground. Has such a synergy with the players delivering... he gets so many easy marks on the lead inside 50, purely because he runs his angles and times his runs PERFECTLY with when the ball carrier is ready to deliver.

That cannot be taught.
Saw him live at the game as well, his timing and leading patterns are elite. He makes himself an easy target for the ball carrier.

Surely I'm not the only one who was rising out of their seat late in the last when he cornered that bloke in the pocket, stripped him of the ball , then shaped up to kick a banana..........just waiting for the massive roar...........

Then the unselfish prick passes it off to Coxy.

:mad:

Sat in the Legends Bay for yesterday’s game, and his leading patterns is a work or art.

He had 6 marks inside 50. I bet you most were uncontested just because of pace and smarts. He’s amazing.
Where is the Legend's Bay? Is that N12/13? We get people coming to the reserved seat sections asking if there's any spare seats as the Legend's Bay is full quite often.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of his great traits is, even after a miss or error, he comes across like that was the past, I’m going to nail the next one.

Special talent.

Last edited:

Scottie65

All Australian
Nov 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
So I forget how the bet went but I think you owe our superstar a crisp Mawson is that correct great game he had
looking that way champ....he told me this morn he thought of the bet as soon as he landed on the ground...lil fooker...good on him lol

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
A casual 10 shots on goal
124EAAF4-598D-4687-A579-C05BE8E9F17C.jpeg

Surely I'm not the only one who was rising out of their seat late in the last when he cornered that bloke in the pocket, stripped him of the ball , then shaped up to kick a banana..........just waiting for the massive roar...........

Then the unselfish prick passes it off to Coxy.

:mad:
A very special piece of football. That poor bstard will be catching glimpses of Stevo over his shoulder for years to come.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
A very special piece of football. That poor bstard will be catching glimpses of Stevo over his shoulder for years to come.

Last seen sharing a corner of the change room with Steven May, both rocking back and forward uncontrollably.

Was it a Melbourne or Essendon player he tackled in a similar position last year. Might have been the opposite pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back