Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not saying this is True as at moment it's just a Rumor.

But the Stephenson thing and with Howe Dobbing him has Split the Playing Group

That's not even how it reportedly played out.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm certainly not saying we don't miss Stephenson, but I dont recall WCE fans going on the attack against Gaff when they lost a couple they should have won in the middle of last season.

And in terms of missing a player through stupidity, I think we're missing Adams more. Regulation groin injury, warms up to try to come back on in the game he injured it in, probably aggravating it. Tries to come back too early and reinjures it, not once but twice.

But that's footy. Players miss games. When they do, otherd have to step up. If noone steps up, you don't point the finger at the bloke who is missing.

What has Adams trying to come back early got to do with this pinhead?

Sometimes the “soldier out soldier in” doesn’t work for the gun players and make no mistake Stepho missing for 8 more weeks will cost us.

Along with Beams he is the reason I started posting on bigfooty again.

So disappointed our Club constantly finds ways to derail our season.

Sometimes the “soldier out soldier in” doesn’t work for the gun players and make no mistake Stepho missing for 8 more weeks will cost us.

The reason I mentioned Adams is he and Stephenson are both missing due to dumb out of game decisions. Adams is the bigger loss in my opinion, because without him our midfield lacks grit. I'm not having a go at Adams.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The reason I mentioned Adams is he and Stephenson are both missing due to dumb out of game decisions. Adams is the bigger loss in my opinion, because without him our midfield lacks grit. I'm not having a go at Adams.

Adams backing his body in and trying to do the best by OUR Club is comparable to Stepho in your eyes?

I am done sr36 sorry mate you got this one wrong my friend.

But public floggings don’t actually make anything better.

The point of public floggings is to warn others against a behaviour.

That is not needed in this situation - pretty sure the point will have been well taken by those who need to take it.

We forgave Swan for criminal assault. We would have forgiven Marley for the same, if he was a good footballer. We forgave Didak for being an accomplice while someone drove through the streets firing bullets out the window, but someone betting $12 on themselves to kick goals and their captain to get a heap of kicks is unforgivable?

He stuffed up. He's paying a far far bigger price than those blokes did for their far bigger stuff ups and a far bigger price than us supporters are.

Can't wait to get him back. Hopefully it's in a final where we are top 4, but if we're not good enough to win games without Stevo, it's not our year anyway.

It’s a credit to the kid that he’s even showing his face at games every week.

He was absolutely mobbed last night on the bridge between the G and Melbourne Arena. He was so accommodating, smiling awkwardly given the circumstance.

It would be bloody easy to stay home and hide, especially if you were unhappy with how the situation was handled.

It’s a credit to the kid that he’s even showing his face at games every week.

He was absolutely mobbed last night on the bridge between the G and Melbourne Arena. He was so accommodating, smiling awkwardly given the circumstance.

It would be bloody easy to stay home and hide, especially if you were unhappy with how the situation was handled.
Really impressive kid.

Roverjg

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2014
Surf Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood

Dave, I have heard the same rumour however there is one point confirms that it is a rumour only. Howe did NOT dob him in. All Howe stated was that Stevo may want to consider talking with Walshy, about his betting, nothing more. What occurred after that point was all Stephenson's doing.

What’s the point of blaming somebody who now has no control over the outcome? Can’t change the past- and I’m sure Jayden would be the first who would want to if he could.
Much like paying out on the umpires... yet we still do it out of sheer frustration.

We forgave Swan for criminal assault. We would have forgiven Marley for the same, if he was a good footballer. We forgave Didak for being an accomplice while someone drove through the streets firing bullets out the window, but someone betting $12 on themselves to kick goals and their captain to get a heap of kicks is unforgivable?
Oh come on now, as soon as he’s playing again he’ll be forgiven. It’s not even a question.

Pdid

All Australian
Sep 22, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
This guy was so important to the team. No suprises to see how poor we are without him. Very very dissapointing....

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gets a paid vacation and can keep betting... loving life

36 bucks worth of bets cost him 70 grand and kept him out of the game he loves and make him feel extremely guilty every waking moment for letting the team down. I doubt he'd be real keen on betting again any time soon.

And it's not a vacation, they would be training him as if it's preseason, even harder to try to keep him at match fitness, it would be hell. Playing games is much more fun than getting flogged on the training track.

He's paying hard.

This is ridiculous, people blaming Stevo for our slump. If one 20 yo missing derails our season, there was no season to talk about in the first place. We should be able to adapt - we can't always blame the players who aren't available - other teams rise up to cover for players lost - we did it last year, so it is up to the players who are available and selected to show some grit and play the brand we were so successful with last year.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous, people blaming Stevo for our slump. If one 20 yo missing derails our season, there was no season to talk about in the first place. We should be able to adapt - we can't always blame the players who aren't available - other teams rise up to cover for players lost - we did it last year, so it is up to the players who are available and selected to show some grit and play the brand we were so successful with last year.
People want someone to blame and its easier to blame him it seems. If stevo got a ankle injury and was out for 8-10 weeks, would people still be blaming him? Probably not, but in the end it would still equal the same.

People want someone to blame and its easier to blame him it seems. If stevo got a ankle injury and was out for 8-10 weeks, would people still be blaming him? Probably not, but in the end it would still equal the same.
Blaming stevo is easier for those around here than casting a critical eye towards our captain.

Most injuries are largely unavoidable, I mean you can prepare yourself to the nth degree, but even the most dedicated and professional athletes suffer injuries.

Collingwood already has more than it’s share of these unavoidable season-killers, which is what makes an entirely preventable one all the more galling.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

Howe didn’t dob him in, he did what anyone with even 5% brain capacity would do and that’s say you need to speak to the club about it.

The dope used his own account for one of the bets, the gambling agencies share info with the AFL. If he didn’t self report and got caught instead he’d be looking at a much larger suspension.

And if he hadn’t nailed that torpedo and one of his bets was successful he’d probably be banned from playing AFL again.

If there are players who are angry at Howe for how it played it out then those guys are possibly even more stupid than Stevo. Howe wasn’t the moron who bet on several Collingwood games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back