Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true

giphy.gif

Nice loophole.

Though I do get the angst from those honking it’s too clever by half. It kind of is a bit sneaky.

But thems the rules.

Had it been VFL in bye week (the bye everyone gets before finals) then that’s absolutely fair enough.

Now that it’s all done, in reality he did MISS 10 AFL Games so he has missed plenty and this is a fitness match play run.

I hope it's true but it does sound odd.
I thought it sounded odd too, and when that is the case, go to the rule (19.4.4(a)), which states:

...a Player or Official suspended by a Controlling Body is, for the period of the suspension, or while the suspension remains unserved, prohibited from playing or participating in a Match conducted by the Controlling Body imposing the suspension

One reading of that is that the period of suspension of 10 games ends Friday night. And it does!

The Kid plays!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspended for 10 AFL matches....sentence completed after final siren Friday night

Wouldn't have even been a consideration until after the schedule for the final round was confirmed and we lucked into a Friday night game.

Yeah you’d think the suspension would be 10 rounds that your club is involved in, not including any byes, not 10 Collingwood games. Anyway I’m glad it’s worked out for us in this instance.

And let’s also call it, he’s Saturday run isn’t him playing senior football.

It’s just simple match conditioning seconds.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back