Recommitted Jake Carlisle [triggered an extension for 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has ability but what price do you put on culture of a club on the line to sign him...

You don't get rid of donkeys like Stringer and Dahlhaus only to bring in one like Carlisle. Strong, strong no.

I reckon he will end up at Hawthorn. This time it’s for real. :$

Really hope so mate. Only 27 (28 at the beginning of next season). Perfect replacement for Chip in a year or so.

If Saints are the ones potentially trying to offload him, they couldn't ask for much in return?

Really hope so mate. Only 27 (28 at the beginning of next season). Perfect replacement for Chip in a year or so.

If Saints are the ones potentially trying to offload him, they couldn't ask for much in return?
2 x top 5 picks should do it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
But in all seriousness, I have no idea.
Would be highly disappointed for pick 35+
I would show him the door myself for pick 15 or better. .

Wouldn't knock him back at the Tiges.

Interesting news on Buckets Carlisle, reading between the lines, Saints are happy to offload him, if they can find a decent suitor.

I think Collingwood should have a good crack at him, esp as may be able to come at a discounted trade price.

Or North Melbourne, who have had a couple of defenders retire.

If Hawks can get him through the Door with Coniglio and Patton I can’t see why they can’t contend next season. If they lose Ceglar though they need a good back up Ruck. Impey out with ACL.
In: Patton, Coniglio and Carisle
Out: Burgoyne, Ceglar, Smith

B Scrimshaw Frawley Stratton
HB Sicily Carlisle Hardwick
C Scully Mitchell Worpel
HF Wingard Lewis Gunston
F Puopolo Patton Bruest
Foll: McEvoy O’Meara Coniglio
Inter: Shiels, Henderson, Hanrahan, Cousins.

Not sure that totally the case.

Carlisle is asking for a long term deal and the club aren't willing to give him one.

Pretty sure he said if he can't get one he'd look elsewhere so it's a bit of both.

Doubt we sell him for peanuts when he's still contracted.

10 for Carlisle & a second (which we don't currently have) if Hawks were keen - what better place for Jake to end up than the family club...

10 for Carlisle & a second (which we don't currently have) if Hawks were keen - what better place for Jake to end up than the family club...

That’s overs.

Saints can keep him if that’s what they’ll ask for. The fact that Carlisle didn’t play well at all this year doesn’t do his market value any good.

That’s overs.

Saints can keep him if that’s what they’ll ask for. The fact that Carlisle didn’t play well at all this year doesn’t do his market value any good.
Carlisle had a typical Carlisle year, moments of brilliance like against Freo followed by brain fades. Also can't discount the fact that he had surgery on his back and played underdone without a preseason when he finally got on the park.

The bloke still has a lot to offer and is 'under contract', I'm not sure what would be a fair trade but chances are St Kilda would be only trading to the Hawks if they can get your pick 10 rather than a pick in the thirties or forties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph says Carlisle is dead set against leaving.
Pretty damn happy to keep him if that's the case.

I'd forget he even went around this year. They reckon he did a remarkable job to get out on the park so soon after that kind of operation.

If he's fully recovered and gets a relatively full preseason in I don't see why he won't return to his top 3/4 in the B&F best next year and beyond.

LOL, Saints are only offloading him if he gets the pick picks to the land the players they are seeking.

No good offers and he stays.

That’s overs.

Played ok for a guy with no pre-season, followed by a back operation and the coming back when not fully fit.

By Round 1 next year will be cherry ripe.

If you are expecting a fire sale you will be disappointed, and more so as Jake actually wants to stay.

What are the Saints thinking? their only decent defender and they want to trade him lols or Essendon get Jake back means we can leave hooker permanently forward
If Hooker goes forward, its to settle Francis down back
We're overstocked as it is.

Though it would be weirdly funny getting Ryder and Carlisle back....
Cameo in Goddards movie. :p
Maybe Hibbo and Melk want back to?

I loved Buckets when he played for us.

Gutted he left but over that time I have come to the realisation that we won't be winning anything until all the drug-related players are gone so trading one in makes no sense to me.

Collingwood should seriously consider him. Would fill their tall back hole or even go forward.

Agree, he could be our Brian Lake. Very similar re the way he plays and his 'personality'. I suspect Hawthorn will go hard for him as they had the hots when he wanted out of Essendon.

Re the Pies, given Moore's problems maybe we have to bit the bullet and use him in a trade. Dogs said to be keen so could do a three way or something lile that.

LOL, Saints are only offloading him if he gets the pick picks to the land the players they are seeking.

No good offers and he stays.
Ah yes...nothing boosts club morale quite like publicly putting a player on the trade table and then making him crawl back the next season when you don’t get a good enough offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back