Recommitted Jake Carlisle [triggered an extension for 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

A good offer for Carlisle is literally anything.
I'd take a 15 year old half used stadtler 2B pencil if I were you.

Well Herald Sun saying now that he is staying. Ratts in his Coach interview also seemed to indicate he will be at the club next year.

Also our coaches now use laptops, so no need for 2B pencil anyway.

Good luck with all the internal conflict at the Crows though.

Bizarre unless it's purely Carlisle driven.

. Goldstein also looked at (31).

You do know that the Goldie offer was well before Marshall took off and has not be a live offer for some time? Obviously not.

ie Goldie offer was basically made when there was not one fit ruckman at the club as when the offer was made Marshall was still a maybe key position player at Sandringham FC and Longer and Pierce were both out with concussion.

While illogical to you, it was very logical to me that a club with NO RUCKS, would start looking for more rucks.

Last edited:

If the Hawks want to trade for Carlisle and they agree to pay most of his remaining salary, would the Saints then potentially let him go for a 3rd round pick?

No. St Kilda needs improved picks and players and does not need ways to reduce salary spend off our books.

Saints have been struggling to pay the minimum TPP for a while, and have cash to burn.

ie Stkilda have used the TPP Banking system to have excess $. It is also why the $$ offered to Hill and Tomlinson (and even Cogs) have all been on the generous side.

It would be much more likely that Saints might for example pay part of Steven's contract if he went to say the Cats to improve what they offer us.

Yes he triggered the extra year late in the season.

I dare say he won't be going anywhere now that it looks like we've missed out on Keath and also Tomlinson.

Fine by me as long as he's able to get back close enough to full fitness.

What does full fitness look like for JC though?

Clearly has talent but has never really looked fit and/or interested.

Dem sausage arms covered by long sleeves...

What does full fitness look like for JC though?

Clearly has talent but has never really looked fit and/or interested.

Dem sausage arms covered by long sleeves...
It looks a lot like his 2017 season, where he came 3rd in our B&F, and then even more so the following year, when he was probably leading or coming 2nd at worst until his back started giving him grief.

If he gets back to that sort of form he's one of the best in the comp at intercept contested marking.

Last edited:
It looks a lot like his 2017 season, where he came 3rd in our B&F, and then even more so the following year, when he was probably leading or coming 2nd at worst until his back started giving him grief.

If he gets back to that sort of form he's one of the best in the comp at intercept-marking.

Again, not doubting he has talent. Has plenty actually.

Think it actually goes a long way to proving my point about his fitness and application that you speak about a 28 year old in terms of one decent season for a club that finished 11th aaaand that's about it other than patches where his body has let him down. His body seems to let him down a lot... hmmmm.

I have some inside track on him and he certainly isn't a committed, professional athlete from what I've been told. Proof seems to be in the pudding too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back