Recommitted Jake Carlisle [re-signed for 2021 with a trigger for 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Free agent?
what’s the latest rule with players who have played across multiple clubs?
Good question. He should be a normal out of contract player, as he was traded after 6 years at Essendon and wasn't eligible for free agency.

If he had've got to free agency the first time he would have it every time he was out of contract after that though.

Seems very much like he has/had no interest in leaving, so unless that changes, his ability to get another contract with us will largely be determined by how he goes this year, and in particular how he applies himself.

Seems highly likely that we shopped him around last offseason, at least until Keath knocked back our offer and chose WB. Had Keath chosen us, I dare say Jake would be at another club right now.

Hope ge gets right back to his pre-back injury best though, as that Jake was bloody good and would have been up to his ears in the 2018 B&F- after coming 3rd the previous season.

Anyone have a link in regards to players who have played for multiple clubs and how free agency eligibility affects them?

from memory there was a new rule last year which would affect players like jake
Anyone who has been a free agent before is a free agent every time they come out of contract after that. I probably put the link in the resources thread pinned to the top of the board.

Jake was traded after six years of service, he wasn't a free agent yet, so he's never been a free agent and is not a free agent when he comes out of contract.

Anyone who has been a free agent before is a free agent every time they come out of contract after that. I probably put the link in the resources thread pinned to the top of the board.

Jake was traded after six years of service, he wasn't a free agent yet, so he's never been a free agent and is not a free agent when he comes out of contract.
Ahk so they have to have essentially played 8 years at their first club then once out of contract at their next clubs they would be a free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back