Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure plenty of young, talented people have the same reality check that Jake had. Sometimes you have to go through an experience to fully appreciate the lessons, unfortunately. Honestly, I'd rather have Jake get done for doing a line in the off season than having one of our players get done for drink driving, which seems to pop up a few times every season with AFL players. One is seriously dangerous and imposing on the safety of other people on the road, and one is not quite as dangerous, at least in the probability of a serious risk (death, serious injury) and only affects the decision maker (for the most part, although the cocaine production is pretty effed).

I seriously just hope Jake has fully understood the seriousness of any actions and the potential repercussions as someone living in the limelight and he didn't lose his career or health. Going to give him the benefit of the doubt as a few on here seem to think he has matured.

#BucketsForAA

When we've got an elite AA KPD and one of the best young mids in the game in a few years time I think most will think we done well in that deal.

Only one? ;)

If Sydney and Hawthorn knew then that's not what both clubs have told us and others. And if Hawthorn knew why would they persue him so hard?
I think that's just a conspiracy theory by some people to try and make the Saints seem like perpetual losers.
And even if others knew and we didn't I would still do that trade every day of the week.
When we've got an elite AA KPD and one of the best young mids in the game in a few years time I think most will think we done well in that deal.
I think you just answered your own question on why hawthorn still pursued him!!!! You'd still do the deal!

I mean look at how hard they've chased JOM with his knees. They still took garlett with all of his known issuss. Whats a snap chat video if you can get a KPD like that then argue down his terms!!!

Its why essendon were so confident Carlisle was in a hury to get that deal done and why hawthorn knew he was keen (due to the journo who was offered the footage) and there was a very good opening there. Sydney weren't keen on him or were out of the picture but they still knew due to the c7 connection which escapes me right now. But it was covered in an article.

No club is going to own up to knowing let alone essendon or hawthorn. It was later informally proven that essendon knew, yet they still denied it right.

I think you just answered your own question on why hawthorn still pursued him!!!! You'd still do the deal!

I mean look at how hard they've chased JOM with his knees. They still took garlett with all of his known issuss. Whats a snap chat video if you can get a KPD like that then argue down his terms!!!

Its why essendon were so confident Carlisle was in a hury to get that deal done and why hawthorn knew he was keen (due to the journo who was offered the footage) and there was a very good opening there. Sydney weren't keen on him or were out of the picture but they still knew due to the c7 connection which escapes me right now. But it was covered in an article.

No club is going to own up to knowing let alone essendon or hawthorn. It was later informally proven that essendon knew, yet they still denied it right.
How was it 'informally proven that Essendon knew'? Just asking

Id be very surprised if any opposition forwards are in our colors.
Perhaps Collingwood blokes with claret pouring out of their skulls (accidentally of course :cool:)

Is it still within the regular recovery time for his type of surgery? Still not back to full training has me a little concern.
I agree. Must have had a setback of some sort. I don't buy into the theory we are easing him back into it after so long out of the game considering every single other player that got banned are doing full training and have been for awhile.

Is it still within the regular recovery time for his type of surgery? Still not back to full training has me a little concern.

I'd imagine it'd have as much to do with his patella tendinopathy as it does his hip. Andrew Wallis is the best hip physio in the country in my opinion. One of the reasons Koby Stevens came across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Roberton was interviewed today and spoke of Jakes modified season being related to his hip surgery. At this stage, Jake seems to be ticking all the boxes, and like Steele is probably chomping at the bit to be allowed to fully participate in training. I think we will see JC early in the season, and I hope that by the time we get to Round 2 he and Brown are fit and firing on all cylinders.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-01-09/defensive-pair-making-an-impact-says-roberton

The return of Jake Carlisle and the arrival of Nathan Brown in the off-season has significantly strengthened the back six in more ways than one, says St Kilda defender Dylan Roberton.

While former Essendon swingman Carlisle has been gradually integrated back into the main group following hip surgery last year, former Collingwood premiership full-back Brown has been a presence on the track across the first half of the pre-season.

“It’s been really good having those two involved,” Roberton told saints.com.au on Monday morning at Linen House Centre.

“Jake’s still been out of the group a bit with his hip; he’s been working on his running and getting his fitness right. But when he’s out there he’s really engaging and talking really well.

“And it’s the same with Browny; he’s great with his voice and direction; they give you the confidence to be aggressive and play in front.”

St Kilda’s rise from six wins in 2015 to 12 last season saw the Saints improve considerably offensively (+11.8 points), but it wasn’t only there where Alan Richardson’s men improved, with the club conceding 5.3 fewer points per game; a mark which should be reeled in further in 2017 with the inclusions of Carlisle and Brown.

Following a strong finish to 2016, where the Saints won eight of their final 11 games to fall short on a finals berth due to percentage, Roberton says the club has carried that momentum into the pre-season.

“We know that we finished (last season) off really well and we’ve kept that energy I feel,” he said.

“We finished last year not wanting the season to end because we were going really well.

“Everyone was excited to get back (for pre-season) and get stuck into it straight away, and it was the same after the Christmas break. There is a really good feeling around the club at the moment.”

Last edited:
Dylan Roberton was interviewed today and spoke of Jakes modified season being related to his hip surgery. At this stage, Jake seems to be ticking all the boxes, and like Steele is probably chomping at the bit to be allowed to fully participate in training. I think we will see JC early in the season, and I hope that by the time we get to Round 2 he and Brown are fit and firing on all cylinders.

The return of Jake Carlisle and the arrival of Nathan Brown in the off-season has significantly strengthened the back six in more ways than one, says St Kilda defender Dylan Roberton.

While former Essendon swingman Carlisle has been gradually integrated back into the main group following hip surgery last year, former Collingwood premiership full-back Brown has been a presence on the track across the first half of the pre-season.

“It’s been really good having those two involved,” Roberton told saints.com.au on Monday morning at Linen House Centre.

“Jake’s still been out of the group a bit with his hip; he’s been working on his running and getting his fitness right. But when he’s out there he’s really engaging and talking really well.

“And it’s the same with Browny; he’s great with his voice and direction; they give you the confidence to be aggressive and play in front.”

St Kilda’s rise from six wins in 2015 to 12 last season saw the Saints improve considerably offensively (+11.8 points), but it wasn’t only there where Alan Richardson’s men improved, with the club conceding 5.3 fewer points per game; a mark which should be reeled in further in 2017 with the inclusions of Carlisle and Brown.

Following a strong finish to 2016, where the Saints won eight of their final 11 games to fall short on a finals berth due to percentage, Roberton says the club has carried that momentum into the pre-season.

“We know that we finished (last season) off really well and we’ve kept that energy I feel,” he said.

“We finished last year not wanting the season to end because we were going really well.

“Everyone was excited to get back (for pre-season) and get stuck into it straight away, and it was the same after the Christmas break. There is a really good feeling around the club at the moment.”

Hi CursingFijian can you please add in the URL where the above post comes from. it should be acknowledged. and also people might like to read the original.

It's pretty obvious from what Richo was quoted as saying in the Hun article at the time that he was expected to be pretty much ready to go from the beginning of preseason, so he's clearly a fair way behind that:

"Richardson said the recovery time for Carlisle’s surgery was 12 weeks, but he would now have time to get himself ready for the pre-season when he can return to the club.

“The surgery itself is minor, the recovery is pretty slow because we are talking about hip and he’s a big guy and we’ll be really conservative with that,’’ Richardson said.

“That will be about 12 weeks. If we did it any later, it does have the potential to have some sort of negative influence on his pre-season."

So yeah, it's very clear from that that having the surgery when he did was expected to mean it didn't have any "negative influence on his preseason".

If it was, then you would of course imagine that it would have been done a month or two earlier, much closer to when he was given the ban.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back