O
251111sptwilkes4_17d0nk9-17d0nkd.jpg
ok I will ask .this old campaigner is struggling to remember
Just remind me who this is .
Edit maybe Cayden Beetham ?

Stoppers: Brown, Geary
Interceptors: Carlisle, Dempster
Runners: Savage, Roberton, Montagna

That's the breakdown as I see it for our most likely first choice back 7.

Looks nice and balanced to me. :thumbsu:

And looking at the top 4 from 2016;

Sydney:
Franklin - Brown
Tippett* - Carlisle
Papley - Savage
Reid - Roberton
Rohan - Dempster
Heeney - Geary
*or Naismith, Sinclair or Cameron.

Geelong:
Hawkins - Brown
Black - Dempster
Stanley - Carlisle
Menzel - Roberton
Motlop - Geary
Lang - Savage

Hawthorn:
Roughead - Brown
Gunston - Roberton
Schoenmakers - Carlisle
Rioli - Geary
Bruest - Savage
Sicily - Dempster

GWS:
Lobb - Carlisle
Patton - Brown
Cameron - Roberton*
Greene - Savage
Smith - Geary
Johnson - Dempster
*or perhaps Gilbert

And the Premiers ...
Boyd - Brown
Stringer - Dempster
Dickson - Geary
Smith - Roberton
Cordy - Carlisle
Macrae - Savage

Last edited:
And looking at the top 4 from 2016;

Sydney:
Franklin - Brown
Tippett* - Carlisle
Papley - Savage
Reid - Roberton
Rohan - Dempster
Heeney - Geary
*or Naismith, Sinclair or Cameron.

Geelong:
Hawkins - Brown
Black - Dempster
Stanley - Carlisle
Menzel - Roberton
Motlop - Geary
Lang - Savage

Hawthorn:
Roughead - Brown
Gunston - Roberton
Schoenmakers - Carlisle
Rioli - Geary
Bruest - Savage
Sicily - Dempster

GWS:
Lobb - Carlisle
Patton - Brown
Cameron - Roberton*
Greene - Savage
Smith - Geary
Johnson - Dempster
*or perhaps Gilbert

And the Premiers ...
Boyd - Brown
Stringer - Dempster
Dickson - Geary
Smith - Roberton
Cordy - Carlisle
Macrae - Savage

Geez we stack up ok on paper for once. Can't see too many where we start behind the 8 ball with the possible exception of gws of course

Geez we stack up ok on paper for once. Can't see too many where we start behind the 8 ball with the possible exception of gws of course
We match up ok with them too; Lobb is agile and a grab aerial threat but Carlisle is equal to that task and can attack off him.

Patton is a beast, but Brown in a huge man and not as much of a plodder as his size would indicate.

Cameron, while big is more of a leading forward than a beast, and Robbo or Gilbert have the athleticism to go with him and at least blunt him.

Dumpster has the experience and physical capabilities to thwart Johnson.

Smith is a gun but Geary is a professional menance, and while Greene is a legitimate goal threat, he also plays a defensive role, so hopefully he and Savage or Montagna at worst split the difference.

Will be won and lost in the midfield and at chb.. That first quarter the other day should be what we aim for every week . Too many times last year we were 4-5 down at quarter time and had nothing left in the last to get the win when it got close . Should be different this year

I've barely watched any JLT so haven't seen him in action yet but how's Jake traveling? Chatting with a Saints mate the other day and all he could tell me was "Its nice to have such a versatile player to play down back or forward."

Don't worry I clipped him over the ear and reminded him Jake stays back.

I've barely watched any JLT so haven't seen him in action yet but how's Jake traveling? Chatting with a Saints mate the other day and all he could tell me was "Its nice to have such a versatile player to play down back or forward."

First game back since the layoff and hip surgery, so was a little rusty early. Worked into the game really well and took some strong marks. Only played 2/3 game - so will no doubt build the tank back up over next 2 games. He's what we've lacked for a while now. Big, versatile defender. He won't be required to take the stay at home forwards, that should allow him to sweep across the backline reading the play.

He played most of th

He played most of the first JLT game and looked good. It's great to have a big guy in the back now....and with a forward line like ours he won't need to go there :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys call him buckets, wasnt aware it was a name he had at Essendon. Thought it was a direct Stewie Lowe being a Saint thing.
Yeah mate followed him from Essendon. Reasons the same as Lowe although Jakey hasn't quite hit the same heights as him, yet.

Hope he kills it.

Always thought he could have been our most important player if he played consistently well.

Had an incredible year just before all the ASADA stuff.

Will win games of footy for you guys if he fulfils his potential.

Hope he kills it.

Always thought he could have been our most important player if he played consistently well.

Had an incredible year just before all the ASADA stuff.

Will win games of footy for you guys if he fulfils his potential.
Its probably an underappreciated part of his game, but whenever he tackles someone its like a ******* bigfoot has wrapped them up and thrown them around like an empty sack. Short of a Sandilands type he seems to just monster them, a big big boy.

I'm really liking his disposal. Very good kick. Good decision maker.

Looks like he's really bulked up in upper body since he last played. I always remembered him as tall and wiry, but he's now got a serious set of shoulders and arms and a chest on him and he's also apparently done a lot of leg work as well.

Didn't have much to do yesterday, but loved some of his marking last week.

Noticed that he was thrown forward briefly in the last q. Really looking forward to us throwing him forward at some stage during the season this year and him going clunkety clunk!

That month or so when he was at the Dons and they threw him forward he was about the best player in the AFL at the time. He looked like vintage Wayne Carey, he just bowled people out of the way and converted everything. It was obscene. I think he was always pretty solid, he's an absolute unit, I thought he might have slightly elevated skin folds from his time off and will drop a layer as he plays a bit more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back