News Jake Kelly and Patrick Wilson sign on

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly,%20Wilson%20WEB.jpg

Kelly for two years, Wilson for one more as a rookie.

Congrats to Jake.

Baffled as to why we’ve re-signed Wilson; I assumed he’d be happy to leave given we clearly don’t rate him. Must truly love being on an AFL list.
I'm really not that surprised we re-signed Wilson on a rookie pay scale and as break glass type AFL option.....A big bodied mid is very handy to have around young developing mids as well as the importance to at least be competitive at SANFL level for the youngsters confidence.

I'm happy with both but bit confused with Wilson.

I like Kelly and has improved this year.

Wilson isn't worse than some on the list and prolly a fair bit cheaper.

I think Kelly deserved another chance
As for Wilson he's a better player than some who get a regular game in front of him and after all isn't that part of the clubs' problem?
We've all been saying it .

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Kelly, reliable, seems like a great guy - he's had a standout year...

Would've been the perfect time to trade him.

If we played him as our 3rd tall instead of Keath or Harto then he’d not be as problematic. 3 genuine talls and him is a disaster, but swap Keath/Harto for an attacking back and the mix looks better immediately.

If we played him as our 3rd tall instead of Keath or Harto then he’d not be as problematic. 3 genuine talls and him is a disaster, but swap Keath/Harto for an attacking back and the mix looks better immediately.
Kelly is one of the very few Crows who has had a consistently good year... so this is a reward for performance.

Having said that, we cannot have him & Hartigan in the same side (assume Talia is in the side) as our offence from defence suffers.

Must trade Hartigan & keep Keath now.

Surprised a little that Pat got another contract, but he must be rated highly down there - despite only 2 games in 2 years. Kelly had his best season so far, and no-one can ever accuse him of not putting in.

Kelly is one of the very few Crows who has had a consistently good year... so this is a reward for performance.

Having said that, we cannot have him & Hartigan in the same side (assume Talia is in the side) as our offence from defence suffers.

Must trade Hartigan & keep Keath now.
Hoping we can keep Keath. I'd offer him 3 years (taking him to 30). His body is young in AFL-terms.

I thought Wilson wanted out?

Not really a fan of stacking the rookie list with 25 year old guys who aren't likely to play games. I reckon we've gone away from the Petrenko/Jaensch/Kelly/Hartigan/Laird type rookies in recent years. We probably thought we were so close to a flag, we didn't have to bother with project/speculative types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back