News Jake Kelly departs to Essendon as a free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure leading teams has nothing to do with CM.

Leading teams is the Ray McLean mob that many AFL teams have used. Love them or hate them they have a lot of experience and employ practices and techniques which are industry accepted. Feedback is a big part of what they do.

CM were just cowboys with limited experience and no scientific basis. I remember one of them was a web administrator or something before deciding he was now leadership expert.

This was in the inf.ancy of Leading Teams and from questions I have asked they quickly dropped the practice or refined it greatly - it seems CM did not.

This session was part of the "Black Ops" part where mainly senior players present.

But no doubt that division filters through.

I think the concept was to break the guys down and remove the ego. Build them back up.

Our guys, like Port on Saturday, thought we had the GF won before taking the field. Played like it, fell apart with a bit of resistance and not able to just play our champagne football.

The theory behind the camp was to fix that mentality.

Failed big time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
1970 just posted that as part of his anti-Sloane agenda.

What I heard was that session was senior players, and included the comments about Jacobs' dead brother. My understanding was that was a CM question. Unless I'm confusing the circle moments, it's also the time that had the insensitive use of indigenous message sticks.

This was in the inf.ancy of Leading Teams and from questions I have asked they quickly dropped the practice or refined it greatly - it seems CM did not.
Yeah I'm not sure, been a while since I had much contact with leading teams. I've had a number of clients use them in the past and givinh feedback was a big feature. There was no jungle Lord of the flies crap, it was more controlled, structured and organised. Chalk and cheese compared to the CM witch craft.

It's still featured on Leading Teams website as a key practice:

"Quite simply, a genuine conversation is a conversation about performance, with the intent of helping someone in your team to improve, whatever their role or level of responsibility in the business. We don’t label feedback as positive or negative – if it comes from the right place, all feedback is an opportunity to improve."

Personally, I'm not a fan of Leading Teams either, but they are definitely respected in the community.

"Quite simply, a genuine conversation is a conversation about performance, with the intent of helping someone in your team to improve, whatever their role or level of responsibility in the business. We don’t label feedback as positive or negative – if it comes from the right place, all feedback is an opportunity to improve."

If anyone has read Brandon Jack’s book that sounds a lot like something that the Swans do a lot.

Keayes did say he was going to miss Jake. Now I know that this doesn't mean anything...but this type of pic is a bit questionable... Not that there's anything wrong with it. I wouldn't pose this way with a mate...
IMG_6918.JPG

Keayes did say he was going to miss Jake. Now I know that this doesn't mean anything...but this type of pic is a bit questionable... Not that there's anything wrong with it. I wouldn't pose this way with a mate...
View attachment 1240170
Make you a little uncomfortable does it ??

Um what is your problem? So when did I say it was a problem? Read my post again and don't try start arguments with everyone... Idiot.
Delete it mate and save yourself a lot of grief from the usual suspects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what Grooster meant was that it’s an unusual shot for an AFL player to put up.
Nothing beats the Nathan Wilson & pregnant partner photos which looked like they were trying to get entry to an American trailer park.

The only thing surprising about that photo is that Ben Keays is in a shirt

mate if we went on a witch hunt every time I saw an instagram post that made me "feel a bit funny 🥰" we'd need a dedicated team doing cool forum posts about it.

full on "NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT" vibez

Remove this Banner Ad

Back