Recommitted Jake Kelly [re-signed for 2 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

With Appleby and Quaynor in the VFL, that medium defender type is not really a huge need for us. Would there be any other Victorian clubs interested?

Last edited:

Jake was up for a trade last year, but out of contract this year and could well ask for a trade to Collingwood to play with his brother.
Crisp, Maynard, Langdon, Scharenberg, Howe, Aish, Appleby, Murphy. Fairly sure we already have more than enough medium defenders on the list. There’s a reason we didn’t rookie Marty Hore in 2017 despite him dominating our VFL backline for the two prior years.

Pretty confident he’ll leave at season’s end.

He will be playing with his brother if he comes to Collingwood - at Victoria Park. Nice player but wouldn’t be beyond depth at the Pies.

Reckon he’d be a good addition at Richmond, North Melbourne and Hawthorn in Victoria.
I think the Pies are his first preference. His old man apparently flies to every game he plays to watch him live, and he is a Pies supporter. Even after the Pies over looked him as a FS, he still only spoke good about the club.
Wether the Pies are into him is a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty confident he’ll leave at season’s end.

He will be playing with his brother if he comes to Collingwood - at Victoria Park. Nice player but wouldn’t be beyond depth at the Pies.

Reckon he’d be a good addition at Richmond, North Melbourne and Hawthorn in Victoria.
We would only take him for free imo

I think the Pies are his first preference. His old man apparently flies to every game he plays to watch him live, and he is a Pies supporter. Even after the Pies over looked him as a FS, he still only spoke good about the club.
Wether the Pies are into him is a different story.

Well we don't really Need Jake as we have plenty of his Type

Well we don't really Need Jake as we have plenty of his Type
We didn't need more midfielders yet we still acquire them. Can't have too many of any role, injuries happen and anyone can earn a spot if they work hard enough.
If he wants to come, I'm open to him. Having both brothers at the club.

We didn't need more midfielders yet we still acquire them. Can't have too many of any role, injuries happen and anyone can earn a spot if they work hard enough.
If he wants to come, I'm open to him. Having both brothers at the club.
we would have to trade for him though as he isnt a free agent, what would you be willing to give up for him? I can't justify a trade in a well stocked area

we would have to trade for him though as he isnt a free agent, what would you be willing to give up for him? I can't justify a trade in a well stocked area
You would only be looking at a pick in the 30s. The odds are he is a better player than you could bet you will get with a pick like that in the draft.

You would only be looking at a pick in the 30s. The odds are he is a better player than you could bet you will get with a pick like that in the draft.
Our picks in the 30’s have been pretty good recently (Maynard, Sier.. while Mclarty was a bust) and we already don’t have our first, I really don’t see him as a list need

If he wants to come to Collingwood, it will be a player exchange or a very late pick. You won’t get our first pick for a player who isn’t a real need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back