List Mgmt. Jake Kolodjashnij contract status

Remove this Banner Ad

He's shown enough to certainly demand retention. He was far more assured with the ball yesterday. There was one kick that ended up ok but was a kick in board that just found our player (happened right in front of where I was sitting). A turnover would have seen an almost certain goal to the Tigers. He is still prone to the odd brain fade but these appear to be occurring less commonly now.

Has he shown enough to be kept out of trade discussion? I see TW on Futures today mentioned him as part of the Ablett trade. Its one reason Im really in love with the prodigal son trade... To easy to say.. he will be good to handy ..but Ablett could give us 2 years of special and do the trade ..and then blow 4 years of development and who knows how many games to come.
If I was a betting person , id say the RD would say we can find another p40 that we can develop again or find a Stewart or even say we can play House or Gardner etc... So Id like to see the club sign him to show he is off the table.

Has he shown enough to be kept out of trade discussion? I see TW on Futures today mentioned him as part of the Ablett trade. Its one reason Im really in love with the prodigal son trade... To easy to say.. he will be good to handy ..but Ablett could give us 2 years of special and do the trade ..and then blow 4 years of development and who knows how many games to come.
If I was a betting person , id say the RD would say we can find another p40 that we can develop again or find a Stewart or even say we can play House or Gardner etc... So Id like to see the club sign him to show he is off the table.

I think he has when you consider we will lose Lonergan, Taylor and Mackie within the next 12 months. We just don't currently have the personnel within the club to cover the loss of these 3. To lose another from our back six would make that task even more difficult.

I don't rate House. And from the limited games I've seen from Gardiner, he doesn't fill me with any great hope that he'll be an adequate replacement for Lonergan as yet. I know others may feel differently though.

Normally a fan of your work but disagree with every single word in this. Every last one.
It is simple. We trade Jake Kolodjashnij and those running this club are absolutely boneheads.

Last edited:

Normally a fan of your work but disagree with every single word in this. Every last one.
It is simple. We trade Jake Kolodjashnij and those running this club are absolutely boneheads.

Doctor..I'll try again..as I was probably not clear enough.

I would prefer not to trade for Ablett.
I do not want to trade Kolo out for him.
....yet he is continually mentioned in trade speculation and I would prefer to see him signed up to remove this speculation. If you disagree with that , fine. We all have different ideas , but till we do sign him .. he will continue to be mentioned , like he was today on Future stars.

The point I was trying to make was .. Are the mc keeping the option to trade him up their sleeve? Do they feel they can find another 40 something in the draft , or another Stewart etc. ..if not what is the hold up?

Doctor..I'll try again..as I was probably not clear enough.

I would prefer not to trade for Ablett.
I do not want to trade Kolo out for him.
....yet he is continually mentioned in trade speculation and I would prefer to see him signed up to remove this speculation. If you disagree with that , fine. We all have different ideas , but till we do sign him .. he will continue to be mentioned , like he was today on Future stars.

The point I was trying to make was .. Are the mc keeping the option to trade him up their sleeve? Do they feel they can find another 40 something in the draft , or another Stewart etc. ..if not what is the hold up?
All good. Sounded like you were inferring trading him was what we should do.
As for the contract. Patience is a virtue.

All good. Sounded like you were inferring trading him was what we should do.
As for the contract. Patience is a virtue.

I agree , it is a virtue.:thumbsu: I posted earlier about patience needed for someone like him .

What I fear , which I obviously poorly expressed , is that if the mc have got to find a way for this prodigal son type trade to happen , then they may be tempted. It would take 20 very good games , or a couple of very big successful sept games from Gary to justify the 5-10 years we will miss on JK imo. If he does get traded for GA there should be a pick in it as well..to me its just too short term otherwise.

Is this about Kolo?

What do people want?. Its call development . He has played 42 games... give him another 42 and then we can start ramping up our hopes and expectations. Its not like he has been slipped in alongside Scarlett , Enright , Kelly , Harley etc when we have been caning the opposition. He has been doing some hard yards , along side fresh backline players and a group getting to know it each other... and he will be all the better for it....eventually. Imo JakeK is on the way to being a better player than his brother ..and considering their starting point ...that has to have something to do with the system he is in. His brother should consider his future carefully if nothing changes for the better. Put it this way.. forget what they were drafted for ..right now there wouldn't be a huge amount between them..JK role is probably more valuable.
Yeah my post was about Kola mate. As you say, he's doing just fine.

There'd be no way we'd trade Kolo for Ablett unless the club lost their mind.
Would we do Kolo for Hopper in a 3 way deal or something though?
If Kolo plays like he did yesterday for the rest of the year I'd say no.
If he goes back to normal it'd be a great deal IMO.

I'm hearing he is happy to stay, and club will not be silly on Ablett
As he might be 10 games from retirement

Watch the bc release because they are good blokes, change future blah blah

Motlop will get interesting,

Thought he looked comfortable and far more attacking playing on the wing instead of a lock down role down back. This also allowed Motlop to play his far better position as a forward.
He has enough speed and strength overhead to make it his position and I hope he gets more chances as a winger

1921942a-c43e-4a91-a82d-33e2049a0d69.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It’s really pleasing to re-sign these three young guys at this point of the year, a great boost heading into the end part of the season,” Geelong’s general manager of football Steve Hocking said.

“We see Jake, Wylie and Jordan as key members of our team well into the future.

“Jake has already shown his ability, work ethic and versatility. He plays and prepares in the Geelong way and makes our team and our club better.

“Wylie and Jordan continue to work hard at their craft and while they haven’t experienced a lot of football at AFL level, we hope to integrate them as part of our core group in the coming years. Both display the values of the club whilst showing great potential for future success.”

Sounds like we're going to be seeing a lot more of Buzza over the coming years

And hopefully that ends the debate of us giving up a promising youngster to bring Gary back. Get Lang signed up next and I'll be very happy.
I want to be sure we don't lose another Bews to Queensland!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back