Toast Jake Kolodjashnij

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article in the Addy today about Kolo and the year he's having. Somewhat unheralded, often maligned, he was not in many of the "best 22s" named on this board at the start of the year despite finishing top 10 in the B&F. He has done a great job in the first six rounds and now looks a pivotal part of the back six.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...m/news-story/ac5e7a8f4062a2f7b3133d7659593a68

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...m/news-story/ac5e7a8f4062a2f7b3133d7659593a68

I’ve never understood this board’s criticism of him. He’s been solid from day one. Not everyone is going to be an Enright or Milburn, but blokes like Kolo who can be relied upon every week are worth their weight in gold.

Long time admirer, he is vindicating that weekly.
Always going to be in our best 22 with his skill set and attributes.
Seems we got the better of the twins- poor Kade was highly touted but hampered by concussions and injuries.

I think I remember reviewing him positively in the VFL before his debut so I dot feel im dragging my feet hanging over the back edge of the band wagon , I have liked him and his brother from that draft. Kade has been terribly unlucky with concussion. He would have to have presented as good if not better than what Clark has in his first year or two ... apart from that ..I wonder if he had just been a tad less in form in that u18 champs..and had slipped thru a bit to a better club where he would be. It really is another example of how the drafting of the best talent to the worst clubs potentially is detrimental to the player. Not every kid is that type that can fight thru it and lift the club. I still maintain GoldCoast made a mistake not drafting his brother with a later pick... I think they could easily have used P20 on him instead of Jack Leslie.
Now yes ..its seems like we have the better end of the twins.. but KK going back a couple of years could easily have been like Clark coming into our side , supported by our side ..who knows how he would be now

Looks so much better now that he's taking more clean marks. There was a period there where I felt he was spilling too many. Appears to have grown in confidence. Can't wait to see his first goal.

Defenders do tend to enjoy their footy more when the boys upfield are having a better season. Stability down back also likely a big factor as they become more predictable to each other.

Couldn't believe they kept playing him last year, then watched his brother run him into the ground at StAlbans one day over pre season, seriously thought he was wasting a spot on the list. Dead set wrong and happy to say it. As previous posters have said, very very reliable. Sticks to the basics very well too.

Is it game 100 for Kolo this week?

Gotta be close - maybe 99 - and still goaless lol

GO Catters

Is it game 100 for Kolo this week?

Gotta be close - maybe 99 - and still goaless lol

GO Catters
Only if selected

Never know, may do a Mark Blake to him and leave him on 99 games...

Only if selected

and the GFC website under Kolo stats offer no total for games played that I could see...

Now I may have missed it - but if its truly not there that is a horrible omission and just another thing wrong with that god awful AFL website design and intergration.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if selected

There have been time in the last couple of years that I suspect they would have loved to have someone like a ruck on the equal of Mark Blake.

I doubt that Kolo will finish without triple number on his game tally

Not funny😩

Sorry - I was kidding, should have used the wink emoji

I think he'll get to the milestone - if not this week, then in the near future

and the GFC website under Kolo stats offer no total for games played that I could see...

Now I may have missed it - but if its truly not there that is a horrible omission and just another thing wrong with that god awful AFL website design and intergration.

Go Catters
I just had a look and it's pretty s**t layout - much prefer the old layout

But I did find it, though it wasn't easy or obvious - here's the screenshot from my phone, it's in tiny print

5C46CE21-8123-40FB-BA8F-6CA61355816A.png

Thats great you found it

Thank you

That layout is like the participation trophy of website layouts - crap

GO Catters

Sorry - I was kidding, should have used the wink emoji

I think he'll get to the milestone - if not this week, then in the near future
So was I, sort of.
My only real drama with CS over his tenure, was his treatment, or lack thereof, of Mark Blake

Will be playing his 100th this week - tonight actually - great effort for him and looking forward to another 100.

When drafted certainly not the Kolo people expected to get this far.

I know he has had his skill errors... but hes not as bad IMO as has been made out at times and has got that Domsy kind of career feel to me.

GO Catters

Will be playing his 100th this week - tonight actually - great effort for him and looking forward to another 100.

When drafted certainly not the Kolo people expected to get this far.

I know he has had his skill errors... but hes not as bad IMO as has been made out at times and has got that Domsy kind of career feel to me.

GO Catters
I like the Domsy analogy. Kolo , once confident and has regained what he lost with preseason, will be a really key player for us. His confidence appears a little down, and when on, he is a really good mark, a bit like Harley.Once he goes for them, and takes them, he's back. Just needs time and patience, which fortunately the MC affords him.

The most effective iffy game, the way Cameron was strutting about I'm not surprised he faded

Last edited: