Jake Lever deleting social media

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve never used Twitter but guess you just put it in the social media basket!
I certainly don’t feel sorry for him as he is on 750K and if your on that type of money and not performing I think you should expect criticism!
Think he will end up great for the dees, he is quality.
In any job if your not performing then you come under pressure and the reason he is on so much coin is because we talk about these things, watch the footy shows, go to the footy etc etc if you don’t like the heat find another job
You do realise there is s difference between abuse and criticism right?

The worst AFL player (and Jake Lever is far from that) is a far better footballer than any of us in the world of social media (and I include myself and Bigfooty posters in that).

I hate hearing personal criticism of players. Good on you Jake (not that he would be reading this).

The worst AFL player (and Jake Lever is far from that) is a far better footballer than any of us in the world of social media (and I include myself and Bigfooty posters in that).

I hate hearing personal criticism of players. Good on you Jake (not that he would be reading this).
Very well said. At the end of the day, anyone of us would kill to be playing AFL at the highest level. What we're seeing with the case of Jake Lever and even by a few supporters in this Thread is tall poppy syndrome at it's best.

I contrast Lever going to Victoria with another SA based player who left last year, Impey. There was nothing but praise and well wishes for Impey, supporters understood his circumstances and wish him all the best at his new club

That is an absolutely stupid and irrelevant comparison.

No its not. Its exactly the same. Ok ill make a footy one.

Next time you see a dodgy free kick against Melbourne and you whinge about it, if you see a dodgy free kick for your side and you dont whinge about it - what is that?

Real shame if he's personally struggling due to online abuse; that's not ok. Supporters naturally get upset about matters relating to a football club that they are emotionally invested in, but I guess this is just another indicator of the toll that online venting can take. Good on him for opting out of an abusive environment.

A lot of Adelaide supporters disgracing themselves in here
Nice attempted troll by the OP, trying to deflect attention from their own supporter group which once again has behaved poorly this week. Off field brawls, booing at ceremonies.

Have you got examples of why Lever pulled his account?

Your club employees and Board are not supporters of your club ?

Nice one.
The term supporters clearly doesn't mean the board or the club.

Some people can't admit they just got it wrong.

Keep digging though.

No its not. Its exactly the same. Ok ill make a footy one.

Next time you see a dodgy free kick against Melbourne and you whinge about it, if you see a dodgy free kick for your side and you dont whinge about it - what is that?
Mate, that’s standard for every supporter! This is talking about a natural part of the game whereby players come and go. You can’t whinge about player A leaving then accept Player B had left his club to join yours. Rules for one, not for the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone's supporters can point their fingers at each other, given the the tirade of abuse Tom Boyd copped, eventually contributing to his mental issues. If people don't take note/remember the consequences of their actions, then things won't change.

Mate, that’s standard for every supporter! This is talking about a natural part of the game whereby players come and go. You can’t whinge about player A leaving then accept Player B had left his club to join yours. Rules for one, not for the others.

So if we went back in time, you can guarantee there'd be no Melbourne supporters slagging off Tom Scully?

No I can’t, no way. But I don’t take responsibility for what other people say.

But you'll make Crows supporters take responsibility for what someone else said (maybe Crows Supporters, maybe Melbourne supporters, maybe others).

Soft as butter... typical Melbourne.

Can't do the hard yards at a training camp
Can't handle social media banter
Banter? Are you for ******* real? Your interpretation of banter is at odds with its true meaning. Abusing people on social media is gutless and soft. It’s the stuff cowards do. Isn’t there enough awareness on this topic now? Kids committing suicide after constant abuse, pull your head in with what you define as banter, it’s tantamount to bullying.

But you'll make Crows supporters take responsibility for what someone else said (maybe Crows Supporters, maybe Melbourne supporters, maybe others).
How exactly am I doing that? Point to exactly where I drew that comparison? I criticised Crows supporters for saying ‘it comes with the territory when you are on Big bucks’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back