Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Skip to 1:02 for actual news

Collingwood, North and St Kilda have supposedly tabled offers. Lever ranked 6th for intercept possessions in 2016, just his second season; and is known for being such a storng reader of the play. I'm very big on Lever, and think he'll be All-Australian several times so it would obviously be a blessing for him to come to Collingwood (mind you, I'm not sure we have the trade currency to complete a deal anyway)

I've heard he's happy in Adelaide but, so I doubt he'll leave so early.

I really want to see him stay. The Crows have been hit harshly when it comes to players moving. They're due some luck.

If you gave a **** about Adelaide you wouldn't have taken danger.
I wasn't aware that I was the catalyst for Danger leaving.

More so doing their due diligence with an uncontracted player IMO. Most Vic clubs would throw an offer at him I'd imagine, Bar possibly Carlton.

Yeah, probably true. Unrealistic for us but makes more of a story.

Keeps you in the news as well. IMO Jack Martin would be close to your number 1 target (Besides Free agents).

I'd say we're looking at Josh Kelly and Dylan Shiel with hungry eyes too. Maybe Hopper.

Seeing as this is your kind of thing, mind taking Suban off our hands?
I'd love to but I had an influence in getting Drum across all those years ago and I'd hate to see you suffer again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard that as well, The Cats are Keen on Hayden Crozier as well just between us.
I've only seen glimpses. Has talent but lacks something. Similar to Lang for Geelong.

It makes sense, our small forward stocks aren't the best.

Geelong are deep into the Hopper from what I'm led to believe.

I'm sure there'll be a bidding war too if he looks like being squeezed out of that side but have to wonder where Geelong are clearing cap/trade position? It won't quite be Tom Boyd value as a trade but it would be close.

I'm sure there'll be a bidding war too if he looks like being squeezed out of that side but have to wonder where Geelong are clearing cap/trade position? It won't quite be Tom Boyd value as a trade but it would be close.
We have an abundance of cap room after this season finishes.

We have an abundance of cap room after this season finishes.

Who is the highly paid retirement? Taylor?

And even if you had salary cap spare what is your trade value? I'd imagine top four is the target and I can't see what major expendable trade bait you have. It feels Hopper would have to be non-negotiably going elsewhere than Geelong but I'm struggling to see the tie that binds him.

Of course I've go no idea but I would have thought Geelong would be looking at the draft and unrestricted free agents this season.

More so doing their due diligence with an uncontracted player IMO. Most Vic clubs would throw an offer at him I'd imagine, Bar possibly Carlton.

Unless Weitering is stuck up forward all year and dominates (highly unlikely), you're probably right.

Didn;t he say he loves the crows and wants to stay? crows have a bit of cash in hand and should satisfy him money wise. They also have a list that could push to 4 for a while.

Trying to find the video of when Lever was drafted at (14?) by us. Basically said he loved that Adelaide was willing to gamble on him after so many passed him over due to his knee, and that he wanted to be here long term.

Who is the highly paid retirement? Taylor?

And even if you had salary cap spare what is your trade value? I'd imagine top four is the target and I can't see what major expendable trade bait you have. It feels Hopper would have to be non-negotiably going elsewhere than Geelong but I'm struggling to see the tie that binds him.

Of course I've go no idea but I would have thought Geelong would be looking at the draft and unrestricted free agents this season.
Mackie and Lonergan are two that spring to mind.

As for trade value, GWS are bursting at the seems and will lose one or two players as a result, and for well under market value.

We're also chasing Devon Smith and a late second or third round pick will get that deal done given the state of GWS' list and their need to release a player or two, and it gives them points.

Hopper, he's expendable given the young talent they've drafted into the club. I can't see them being too concerned.

Trying to find the video of when Lever was drafted at (14?) by us. Basically said he loved that Adelaide was willing to gamble on him after so many passed him over due to his knee, and that he wanted to be here long term.
And Danger said he loved that we let him finish his school at home when we drafted him.
Means nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back