Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be if I were a crows supporter. Loosing an Australian squad member at 22 and potential trajectory of rance/Hurley type for pick 10&9-18. Absolute bargain deal TBH. Well done Dees.
Agree, he's almost as good as Aaron Francis. Imagine if a team gets him for a 2nd rd pick

Lever will be next in line after rance/hurley, what a bargain for pick 10 and pick 9-18, well played Dees. Have a gun for the next 10 years.
You have got a very good player in lever and i am happy the crows have got 2 1st round picks for him. The only question i have on him will be his durability as he has had hamstring issues and they can be very problematic if not really well looked after. I hope we get fogarty with pick 10 in the draft as he looks the goods and maybe bundle up a couple of picks for another very good player. Plenty in our 2nd's that will push to replace lever and cameron this coming season. Smith is the one that may be harder to replace for the season though

You have got a very good player in lever and i am happy the crows have got 2 1st round picks for him. The only question i have on him will be his durability as he has had hamstring issues and they can be very problematic if not really well looked after. I hope we get fogarty with pick 10 in the draft as he looks the goods and maybe bundle up a couple of picks for another very good player. Plenty in our 2nd's that will push to replace lever and cameron this coming season. Smith is the one that may be harder to replace for the season though

I would have thought his user name was enough to give it away that he isn't a demon fan

I would be if I were a crows supporter. Loosing an Australian squad member at 22 and potential trajectory of rance/Hurley type for pick 10&9-18. Absolute bargain deal TBH. Well done Dees.

You keep saying 22, which for one he’s actually 21 so sort that out.

Two you also keep saying picks 9-18, please tell me about your fortunte telling powers again. Melbourne could finish anywhere next season, just ask North Melbourne fans that.

Also general consensus is the trade was fair on all accounts. Happy to let the crows recruiters and traders have those chips to play with when we have Keath and Doedee in the ranks.

You keep saying 22, which for one he’s actually 21 so sort that out.

Two you also keep saying picks 9-18, please tell me about your fortunte telling powers again. Melbourne could finish anywhere next season, just ask North Melbourne fans that.

Also general consensus is the trade was fair on all accounts. Happy to let the crows recruiters and traders have those chips to play with when we have Keath and Doedee in the ranks.
A year younger Wowweee absolute bargain 21 year old with leadership qualities with potential to be rance/Hurley. Well played Dees.

Just loving reading all of the B#tt Hurt Crows supporters in this thread.

Dees paid a "fair" price for a bloke who will probably launch them into the the Top 4 next year.

Crows got some draft picks that - May or May Not work out.

Big Win by the Dees in my book.

Are you actually a Geelong fan, I’m confused by your post history.

Like 70% of your posts are just hating on North Melbourne and then the the other 30% are highly positive comments about Melbourne.

Yeah but still bothered to quote and respond. Jarringly irrelevant???? Nice attempt to sound clever, like I give a rats toss bag what you think anyway.
Yes, your absurd analogy that had nothing to do with the issue at hand was jarringly irrelevant. Which part of that is problematic?

Lucky the Crows got a fair trade too I guess.....much "fairer" than the so called experts suggested, just bizarre take you have especially with experts like you predicting much less, what with them having no power and all as you suggested.

The Crows got a FAIR trade for themselves.

But keep diggin your hole.
If you care to read my posts on the matter, you'll see I predicted Melbourne would put two first-rounders on the table, with something decent coming back the other way.

Here you go: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jake-lever-traded-to-melbourne.1159411/page-211#post-52887431

However, even if I hadn't predicted that, it wouldn't make your counterintuitive idea of what's "fair" any less nonsensical.

For the record, I think the Crows did reasonably well. But, again, that doesn't redeem your bizarre account of what's "fair".

Last edited:
Elite tough guy who will fit in well at the Dees. Showed what he's made of in that quarter time altercation in the grand final. Just so tough, loves the hard stuff. 2 tackles doesn't tell the whole story. Bloke gave 100% and layed at least 10 sledges.

I remember Melbourne fans jumping with glee when they got Vince for pick 22 or whatever... Crows ended up with Matt Crouch.

Both fans think they "won". Could be completely possible win/win trade given Melbourne's terrible strike rate with draft picks vs Adelaide's relative good strike rate and development of draft picks. Therefore draft picks are worth more to Crows than Demons. Smart move by both clubs. Demons don't waste picks on another Toumpas or whatever, Crows get the chance to draft another Dangerfield and another Lever.

Both fans should be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Melbourne fans jumping with glee when they got Vince for pick 22 or whatever... Crows ended up with Matt Crouch.

Both fans think they "won". Could be completely possible win/win trade given Melbourne's terrible strike rate with draft picks vs Adelaide's relative good strike rate and development of draft picks. Therefore draft picks are worth more to Crows than Demons. Smart move by both clubs. Demons don't waste picks on another Toumpas or whatever, Crows get the chance to draft another Dangerfield and another Lever.

Both fans should be happy.
Not sure about jumping with glee but the Vince trade has been great for the dees, Melbourne received 23 from freo for Colin Sylvia big win for the club there and matt crouch is a gun, hope the crows can keep him it's not their strong suit.

As for Melbourne's drafting the turnaround since Jason Taylor took on the role has been obvious, I'm comfortable he can find another J Hunt or ABN at 35 this year.

Why was Melbourne allowed to trade a future 1st and future 4th rounder. I know they got a future 3rd back. But that's not the rules as far as I know.
Assuming that it was because they got the future 3rd back i.e. a pick upgrade rather than an outright trade.

Yes, your absurd analogy that had nothing to do with the issue at hand was jarringly irrelevant. Which part of that is problematic?

If you care to read my posts on the matter, you'll see I predicted Melbourne would put two first-rounders on the table, with something decent coming back the other way.

Here you go: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jake-lever-traded-to-melbourne.1159411/page-211#post-52887431

However, even if I hadn't predicted that, it wouldn't make your counterintuitive idea of what's "fair" any less nonsensical.

For the record, I think the Crows did reasonably well. But, again, that doesn't redeem your bizarre account of what's "fair".

I had my suspicions, but now I am sure, you must run around life alot complaining how things are never fair.

Lever didn't have a price tag that the Demons took to the counter and swiped their credit card for....this was a negotiation in two, so I am not sure how you would have based a fair trade....in fact most of your commentary suggests they got fair value by both my definition of fair and your own. You clearly have no idea how negoatiations work where there is no independant mediator.

I'm sorry they didn't get less than the 2 first rounders you suggested I guess it ruined the next act in your commentary in this thread having a go at the Crows for taking "unders"

Adelaide got fair value...move along. (oh and stop writing like you swallowed the dictionary, it just makes you look lame).

Last edited:
I had my suspicions, but now I am sure, you must run around life alot complaining how things are never fair.
That makes no sense.

Lever didn't have a price tag that the Demons took to the counter and swiped their credit card for....this was a negotiation in two, so I am not sure how you would have based a fair trade....in fact most of your commentary suggests they got fair value by both my definition of fair and your own. You clearly have no idea how negoatiations work where there is no independant mediator.
Yes, I think the Crows did OK out of it, although they probably would still have preferred a better deal. But that's the way it goes. I'm not criticising the deal.

The issue is your counter-intuitive account of the what constitutes "fair".

According to your definition, the Crows could have accepted much less and that would still have been "fair" purely because they agreed to it. That's absurd.

As I said, I think the Crows did reasonably well in the deal. But that doesn't make your definition of what's "fair" any less nonsensical.

I'm sorry they didn't get less than the 2 first rounders you suggested I guess it ruined the next act in your commentary in this thread having a go at the Crows for taking "unders"
This also makes no sense.

How does the fact that my prediction of the eventual trade was broadly accurate work to discredit me?

Doesn't that actually suggest I had a reasonably balanced, realistic view throughout?

Adelaide got fair value...move along. (oh and stop writing like you swallowed the dictionary, it just makes you look lame).
As I've said, I agree they got a reasonable deal. But according to you, they could have accepted less and that would still have been "fair" purely because they agreed. That's the part that makes no sense.

Which words suggest I "swallowed a dictionary"? Isn't that just something the slow kids in remedial English say to the smarter kids to make themselves feel better?

Elite tough guy who will fit in well at the Dees. Showed what he's made of in that quarter time altercation in the grand final. Just so tough, loves the hard stuff. 2 tackles doesn't tell the whole story. Bloke gave 100% and layed at least 10 sledges.
True, just as tough as who the magnificent Saints were able to lure to their appealing club this year....

Doesn’t really belong in this thread, but interesting to see Watts’s fathers comments about Melbourne.

Seems like Melbourne is making him put to be unfairly reporable and pushing him out of the club. According to Connors also being very unrealistic at the trade table.

Quote: “you can't tell a person he should leave, and then demand pick No.9 for him."

Just posted this here given how the Dees fans in here chastisied ADL for our apparent poor treatment of Lever and unrealistic nature at the trade table, seems like they are doing just that themselves...

Doesn’t really belong in this thread, but interesting to see Watts’s fathers comments about Melbourne.

Seems like Melbourne is making him put to be unfairly reporable and pushing him out of the club. According to Connors also being very unrealistic at the trade table.

Quote: “you can't tell a person he should leave, and then demand pick No.9 for him."

Just posted this here given how the Dees fans in here chastisied ADL for our apparent poor treatment of Lever and unrealistic nature at the trade table, seems like they are doing just that themselves...

How funny is this, all the Melbourne supporters calling it disgusting and Adelaide should be ashamed.

No Melbourne supporters in here defending their club and now in hiding.

Hypocrites

How funny is this, all the Melbourne supporters calling it disgusting and Adelaide should be ashamed.

No Melbourne supporters in here defending their club and now in hiding.

Hypocrites
Get stuffed.

Watts has copped it for years from the entire industry. Finally the club gets sick of his s**t and this woe is me routine kicks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back