Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

His argument has some validity. He's so young and now already been held out multiple times with tightness, which suggests the medical staff are quite worried about them. I'd imagine it would be related to his ACL a few years ago where they replace the tendon with a graft from the hamstring. It's definitely not an issue to just dismiss.
I'm not saying dismiss it, I'm saying it doesn't impact his value as much as Frank said it does. He's played 49 games since arriving at the club, and that's in under three seasons. He's been very durable in his career so far. He missed a small chunk of games with his hamstring earlier in the year, but injuries will happen to every player at some point in their career.

If he had missed big chunks of the season(s) due to injury I'd say that would lower his value. But the small amount of games he's missed due to injury won't have change his value.

If my calculations are correct, he's missed 16 games in three years. And he didn't debut until around round 6 or 7 in 2015 IIRC. So he's missed roughly 8-10 games since debut.

Last edited:
I'm not saying dismiss it, I'm saying it doesn't impact his value as much as Frank said it does. He's played 49 games since arriving at the club, and that's in under three seasons. He's been very durable in his career so far. He missed a small chunk of games with his hamstring earlier in the year, but injuries will happen to every player at some point in their career.
For example I think it changes his value from the Dogs next two first rounders to instead our pick this year and another early second rounder from somewhere.

Of course we will get more for Lever than danger, because hes NOT A FREE AGENT!
He is out of contract, yes, but that is a very different scenario to being an RFA.

The deal was done with Geelong for the benefit of both parties. Otherwise we would've got even less as compensation for Danger.
You keep saying this but it's a load of piffle.

He was a restricted free agent and he was being offered 800k a year by Geelong; 800k for THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COMPETITION. Just about every other team in the competition would've offered him over a million. Being a restricted free agent made absolutely no difference in this situation, compared to an out of contract player not eligible for free agency.

The only feasible explanation for your club doing such a terrible deal is that you must've rated Dean Gore very highly.

He was a restricted free agent and he was being offered 800k a year by Geelong; 800k for THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COMPETITION. Just about every other team in the competition would've offered him over a million. Being a restricted free agent made absolutely no difference in this situation, compared to an out of contract player not eligible for free agency.

The only feasible explanation for your club doing such a terrible deal is that you must've rated Dean Gore very highly.

Actually it did, because instead of not matching and letting him go, we matched and got SOMETHING in return.
The alternative was we got nothing, maybe a shitty compensation pick.

You really have no ******* idea do you?

I mean I wouldn't expect much from a Lions fan but still...

800k?

I was sure fully furnished houses in Moggs were worth more than that

Actually it did, because instead of not matching and letting him go, we matched and got SOMETHING in return.
The alternative was we got nothing, maybe a shitty compensation pick.

You really have no ******* idea do you?

I mean I wouldn't expect much from a Lions fan but still...

Ignorantly insulting people and repetitively screaming FREE AGENT is actually fairly clueless.

The RFA rules meant the Crows had more negotiating leverage with Danger than if he was just uncontracted. You know because theoretically they could block his move by matching salary. Secondly the Crows were always going to get FA comp, if Danger was just uncontracted he could have gone to the PSD/ND for nothing.

The RFA mechanisms actually protected the Crows and gave them far more leverage than if they were dealing with an uncontracted player.

That is why If Lever goes and if he steadfastly nominates one club (like Gunston) then the Crows have less negotiating hand than they did with Danger.

Surely this isn't that hard to understand.

Ignorantly insulting people and repetitively screaming FREE AGENT is actually fairly clueless.

The RFA rules meant the Crows had more negotiating leverage with Danger than if he was just uncontracted. You know because theoretically they could block his move by matching salary. Secondly the Crows were always going to get FA comp, if Danger was just uncontracted he could have gone to the PSD/ND for nothing.

The RFA mechanisms actually protected the Crows and gave them far more leverage than if they were dealing with an uncontracted player.

That is why If Lever goes and if he steadfastly nominates one club (like Gunston) then the Crows have less negotiating hand than they did with Danger.

Ah no they cant. We did match his salary and then we moved him for assets.
Instead of letting him go and getting compo.
Or matching and not signing him and letting him go to the draft for nothing.

So out of what we got, single compo pick or nothing....which deal would you have taken?

Gotta laugh at you thinking the club has any power over a RFA that has nominated a club lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a second round pick and Broomhead is fairer value.
giphy.gif

Oh dear. So wrong, on so many levels. It's harder to keep FA than an uncontracted one. For starters, Geelong could of offered Danger 1.2 mill a year for two years. Crows wouldn't match that. Then during his first year he signs a 2 year contract extension for 500k a year for a total 4 year deal for 3.4 mill, which the Crows would have matched. That cannot happen with an uncontracted player.
Smfh

He played 4 games. And had 6 touches in the qualifying final and got dropped. You need to edit your post. Finals is plural.
Think you'll find got injured late in the 1st quarter (calf). Was best on ground until that point. Injury kept him out the next week. Whatever way you spin it, Burton is the better draft choice compared to Doedee.

Think you'll find got injured late in the 1st quarter (calf). Was best on ground until that point. Injury kept him out the next week. Whatever way you spin it, Burton is the better draft choice compared to Doedee.
It looks that way at the moment, but Doedee is yet to debut. Burton also had inherent risk with his knee injury when drafted. It could have gone either way, and still might. You just never know what is around the corner. Many Crows fans are disappointed that we didn't take Burton at that pick as he was always a supreme local talent. But let's see what Doedee can do if and when he gets his chance.

if it werent for his injury .. he might have gone number 1. well done hawks ... got virtually number 1 pick for nothing but balls. on the other hand, i think omeara will struggle to play 50 games for the rest of his career unfortunately, win some, lose some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back