Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne is his new home. What's their salary position like after pulling Lewis and Hibberd?
Lewis is a bargain deal, and that was before factoring in the 20% increase in CBA. Hibberd is getting paid pretty handsomely but it's front loaded

Yep, Collingwood have been all over Lever for a while now.
If he leaves Adelaide he is a huge chance to land at the Pies.
Would be a good get - will be a star backman for the next 10 years.

However just hope that the offer isn't what some have mentioned...

I would assume we would give our first pick (top 10) and another pick or player?

Yep, Collingwood have been all over Lever for a while now.
If he leaves Adelaide he is a huge chance to land at the Pies.
Would be a good get - will be a star backman for the next 10 years.

However just hope that the offer isn't what some have mentioned...

I would assume we would give our first pick (top 10) and another pick or player?
Say you end up with pick 5/6. What would you be expecting in a deal?

I think Melbourne is his new home. What's their salary position like after pulling Lewis and Hibberd?

We'd be able to afford a pretty handsome offer provided we front loaded most of it in 2018/2018, every single player on our list except a few (Viney/Hunt/Hibberd) are OOC over the next three years.

Won't be surprised if he goes to the Pies as they're likely to make the biggest offer in terms of $$$.

When I was referring to hoping it wasn't what has been mentioned that's more to do with money.

On a trade it would depend on what Adelaide would be looking for - could it be a first and second rounder?
Or first and a player?
Who knows...

People naturally mention SA players such as Scharenberg, Aish and Broomhead but I really don't want to see Shaz go and not sure how keen Adelaide would be on Broomhead....

I don't think we'd part with 2 first rounders again (for a while anyway), so this years first and a player IMO, but like the above poster i hope the ridiculous salary rumours are incorrect, i'd rather pass if they aren't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has apparently met personally with Melbourne officials and players in the last few days according to that reliable peacock 'Scoop' McClure on SEN this morning

Scoop has seriously very little idea what's going on here.

Jake has met with a number of clubs including the senior coach of one big club of who he has a very good relationship from their time working together.

Won't be dees or dogs IF he departs SA.

Reported on two radio stations now that he has met with Melbourne officials and player leadership group. Was unhappy with Crows offer.
Seems he either uses Melbourne to get leverage with the Crows or he has decided Melbourne is his likely destination.

Feel sorry for the Crows if he leaves as they've lost lots of top talent over the past few years.

Scoop has seriously very little idea what's going on here.

Jake has met with a number of clubs including the senior coach of one big club of who he has a very good relationship from their time working together.

Won't be dees or dogs IF he departs SA.
So McClure does it for a job and is wrong but you're a BF poster so we should take your word ahead of his?
Seems legit. :drunk:

So McClure does it for a job and is wrong but you're a BF poster so we should take your word ahead of his?
They are both full of s**t.

If it's Jay Clark talking about Melbourne then I would believe it but anyone else? I don't buy it.

You can believe what you like.

I maintain it won't be dogs or dees if he leaves. He is very close with the senior coach of one big Melbourne club and would love to play under him but is obviously torn between coming home or staying at Adelaide.

Too close to call right now.

You can believe what you like.

I maintain it won't be dogs or dees if he leaves. He is very close with the senior coach of one big Melbourne club and would love to play under him but is obviously torn between coming home or staying at Adelaide.

Too close to call right now.

he would have a relationship with Worsfold from his time there..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back