Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol to be a tall kp player put of contract.... Grossly overpaid. Good luck to him, would be stupid to pass up that. You'd have to feel for substantially better loyal players getting two thirds that.

$900k per year for 5 years..... holy s**t, yep just give us the 2 first rounders thanks
Yeah it's not that kind of money. It's a tad less than $750k.

I have no idea what sort of money Adelaide is offering, but at a guess I'd say between $600-650k

Yeah it's not that kind of money. It's a tad less than $750k.

I have no idea what sort of money Adelaide is offering, but at a guess I'd say between $600-650k

Haven't you been saying the whole time that he isn't going to Melbourne? I thought I had seen you say that he definitely won't be at Melbourne?

Haven't you been saying the whole time that he isn't going to Melbourne? I thought I had seen you say that he definitely won't be at Melbourne?
Nope, just that he hasn't yet confirmed that it will be at Melbourne. They think they're the favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows. Jay Clark who usually has solid Melbourne info says it's 750k per year.
If the offer really is closer to $750K than $900K, there is a reasonable chance he stays at Adelaide, as the differential in salary won't be huge... but IMO the offer is much more than $750K!

The salary is a factor. But wasn't he low balled by crows. I think this really started as he wants to come home.
The low ball rumour has been already quashed by AFC. Ridiculous to think we would offer Lever less than what we just re-signed Milera for. A nonsense.

If the offer really is closer to $750K than $900K, there is a reasonable chance he stays at Adelaide, as the differential in salary won't be huge... but IMO the offer is much more than $750K!
Jay Clark has sources at Melbourne, he is the most reliable source when it comes to Melbourne.

Jay Clark has sources at Melbourne, he is the most reliable source when it comes to Melbourne.
Lever's manager is spinning things, so he doesn't sound like a mercenary. Now that he's the only player leaving solely for money, the manager is trying to massage the narrative.

First it was leaking that the Crows supposedly low balled him, now it's that he's only getting $750k.

Lever's manager is spinning things, so he doesn't sound like a mercenary. Now that he's the only player leaving solely for money, the manager is trying to massage the narrative.

First it was leaking that the Crows supposedly low balled him, now it's that he's only getting $750k.
Now? It was reported weeks ago that our offer was $750k before both Dusty and Kelly re-signed.

Clark has had good Melbourne mail since 2014. I would suggest that it's the club rather than Lever's management.

It seems from Melbourne fans perspective this is done signed and sealed for $750K, no point discussing it because jay Clarke said so.

Really?

That may well be Melbournes initial offer, Levers management is probably pushing for more, which might be where the $90K reports come from.

Still a long long way to go on this deal, and it's a naive shutting down other media reports based on what you'd like to hear as a supporter. IMO anything could happen, heard so many contradicting reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back