Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the latest with Jake? Adelaide were confident early in the year he would sign but I haven't heard any news for a while?

He'd demand a huge contract either way you would think. He's unbelievable young player.
Hes pretty cemented at Adelaide from what hes said, probably crossing the t's and dotting the I's

What's the latest with Jake? Adelaide were confident early in the year he would sign but I haven't heard any news for a while?

He'd demand a huge contract either way you would think. He's unbelievable young player.

BT asked him post-game a couple of weeks ago and he openly said he was waiting for the CBA to be ticked off on, which has obviously happened now. So I guess he'll sign soon if he's going to.

BT asked him post-game a couple of weeks ago and he openly said he was waiting for the CBA to be ticked off on, which has obviously happened now. So I guess he'll sign soon if he's going to.

Yep, and it's been said on radio that negotiations will begin once the CBA has been signed off. So if he's not signed in the next 4 - 6 weeks, I think he's as good as gone.

I rate him highly, he would become our best tall defender, so a trade will hurt. Our first pick wouldn't get it done but we also aren't going to trade one of our young guns. It would depend on what the Cross wanted, picks or players

I get it but you are asking adelaide to trade their young gun...... so their correct response is like for like or GTFO. Adelaide needs to make a stand after Danger and Davis. Amazing they are doing as well as ever after those two cornholings... I'd send him to the draft if I couldnt get an Oliver or a top 3 pick plus in return.

I get it but you are asking adelaide to trade their young gun...... so their correct response is like for like or GTFO. Adelaide needs to make a stand after Danger and Davis. Amazing they are doing as well as ever after those two cornholings... I'd send him to the draft if I couldnt get an Oliver or a top 3 pick plus in return.
Not to mention they lost Tippet for nothing (probably close to what he was worth in the end) and had draft sanctions following that. The club's recruiting staff should be very happy with themselves, they've done a great job with what they've had.

Not to mention they lost Tippet for nothing (probably close to what he was worth in the end) and had draft sanctions following that. The club's recruiting staff should be very happy with themselves, they've done a great job with what they've had.

Lol They lost Tippett and draft picks because they cheated the salary cap previously trying to keep him.

Let's not pretend they've been hard done by. Also got the best trade a team could hope for from a free agent leaving.

Have done well to make up for that with some good late picks the last few years but losing picks in heavily compromised drafts when their opponents were also held back from advancing by having much later picks thanks to the expan teams sure helped them a lot.

As if Melbourne would trade Oliver, just think about it for a second. Why would they? He doesn't want to leave and historically trades like that never, ever happen.

Try again

Lol They lost Tippett and draft picks because they cheated the salary cap previously trying to keep him.

Let's not pretend they've been hard done by. Also got the best trade a team could hope for from a free agent leaving.

Have done well to make up for that with some good late picks the last few years but losing picks in heavily compromised drafts when their opponents were also held back from advancing by having much later picks thanks to the expan teams sure helped them a lot.
I never said they were hard done by...

Imagine all the flags they have given away because they couldnt hold onto players.

Geelong are really interested in James Ferry from Essendon VFL from what I've heard.

Interesting. Rate him but unsure we need another tall back.

Corrigan would give us a good assessment of his abilities though.

Interesting. Rate him but unsure we need another tall back.

Corrigan would give us a good assessment of his abilities though.
There are quite a few others too, but not the thread for it

We lost Bock and Davis to the 2 expansion teams so I think that makes up for the compromised drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost Bock and Davis to the 2 expansion teams so I think that makes up for the compromised drafts.

That's completely separate in the context..

Also, while Davis is an injury prone but very good player and loss but losing bock to gc for a compo pick was a bloody gift.

Anyway this is off topic when the thread is about a talented young kpp wanted by vic teams , was just responding to something else which was moderately off topic.

As if Melbourne would trade Oliver, just think about it for a second. Why would they? He doesn't want to leave and historically trades like that never, ever happen.

Try again

Griffen/Toyd did which was our version of same. At some point when a club is getting raided they have to say enough is enough. Toyd looks like a very average player and we overpaid and got lucky he played the game of his career in a winning GF (another story). I'm not saying you would trade Oliver or Tyson or Viney or any of those guys. I'm just saying I think adelaide have reached the same point we had: they simply can't afford to allow another gun to leave on his and his new clubs terms. I'm a closet Melbourne supporter this year - love what the club is bringing and this isn't about Oliver for me. The point I'm failing to make very clearly is adelaide can't afford to lose in any trade with Lever in my opinion and anything less than a top 3 pick is unders. Gun.

I hope he stays at the Crows, not only so he is loyal to a club who deserves him but so we can have a crack in a couple of years when he suits our needs better and we have more to trade with ;)

We have 2 first round picks (this year and next year) and also have Broomhead, Aish and Scharenberg... I mean, if we were desperate this year...

We have 2 first round picks (this year and next year) and also have Broomhead, Aish and Scharenberg... I mean, if we were desperate this year...
What does he offer us in the short term? We have sufficient players of his type and have obvious bigger needs.

What does he offer us in the short term? We have sufficient players of his type and have obvious bigger needs.
He'd instantly be best 22 and would be for the next 10+ years. For one, he'd be handy to have straight away, with Dunn playing his last one or two years. Goldsack probably hasn't got a lot of time left and is injury prone.

Our defensive unit isn't great, let's be honest. It was a glowing concern before the season started, but has been slightly swept under the rug due to Dunn and Goldsack having decent seasons thus far.

He'd instantly be best 22 and would be for the next 10+ years. For one, he'd be handy to have straight away, with Dunn playing his last one or two years. Goldsack probably hasn't got a lot of time left and is injury prone.

Our defensive unit isn't great, let's be honest. It was a glowing concern before the season started, but has been slightly swept under the rug due to Dunn and Goldsack having decent seasons thus far.
I think we can run with what we have at the moment - Dunn playing the #1 shut down with Reid and Howe playing intercept. Lever isn't the solution to our problems, just a luxury.

Spoke to a guy on Saturday (family) that said was always staying at Adelaide but has 3 offers worth over $200k a year more than Adelaide.

Geelong
Hawthorn
Bulldogs

No St Kilda no North

Spoke to a guy on Saturday (family) that said was always staying at Adelaide but has 3 offers worth over $200k a year more than Adelaide.

Geelong
Hawthorn
Bulldogs

No St Kilda no North

I assume he's using the increased offers from Victorian clubs in two ways: One - driving up his price with the Crows (obviously). Two - saying that $200k more isn't enough to make him move. And if he progresses the way he is, by next contract, I'm sure the difference between what the Crows can offer, vs what rival clubs can offer will be even greater. If he moves now, his payday potentially won't be as big long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back