Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

This talk about crowds and crowd numbers is completely pointless. For one, I don't think any player would consider it. And two, even if they did, Lever plays in front of a sold out Adelaide Oval with 50 000 fans every second week. Our Crowd average takes a massive hit because we have played the Lions at the Gabba, Suns at Metricon, North in Tasmania and Melbourne in Darwin. Either way, it's a null and void discussion.
I don't think that it plays a part either, just thought it was cute that a Melbourne fan was trying to bag out Collingwoods attendance numbers.

We're still nearly 10k ahead of them on average for home games, and that's with Essendon having the Anzac Day game this year and Melbournes numbers being boosted by the QB clash we gift to them each year.

Reckon they are contenders next year already, not to mention a sneaky chance this year even if a bit of a long shot their best is great stuff.
I think his intercept marking and rebound is what they miss a little bit. Don't think they're consistent enough yet.

With their list maturing another year, plus Lever they'll be a very dangerous side.

Still have the 3rd highest attendances league wide just a whisker behind Richmond and Essendon, even when we're garbage.

Start winning games again and we'll swiftly return to number 1. Keep cherry picking those numbers though, it's cute.

What do the Pies have to give up for Lever? We can keep talking crowd numbers and who's the big club but what picks or players you willing to give up? Probably why this thread was even made. No idea why still talking about crowds.

What do the Pies have to give up for Lever? We can keep talking crowd numbers and who's the big club but what picks or players you willing to give up? Probably why this thread was even made. No idea why still talking about crowds.
Pick 5/6 is a good start...

Crowds are probably the last relevant factor you take into consideration, but one nonetheless.

I can't imagine our cap being close to full despite Mayne, Wells, WHE given our many senior players we have been getting rid of in recent years.

900k 5 years deal and pick 5/6 + someone like Scharenberg/Aish/Broomhead will get it done. Adelaide walks away with dignity fully intact.

Although, I don't think that's wise by us since Howe fulfills an identical role and it's just not worth picking up Lever as a 2nd intercepting defender. Still would rather pick 5/6+Sidebottom for Patton, but like others have said GWS shouldn't let an elite young KPF go.

Would be our first rounder + steak knives at a minimum you'd assume. Honestly I hope we don't get him, he's not really the type we need imo, despite him being a gun.

Crowds are probably the last relevant factor you take into consideration, but one nonetheless.

I can't imagine our cap being close to full despite Mayne, Wells, WHE given our many senior players we have been getting rid of in recent years.

900k 5 years deal and pick 5/6 + someone like Scharenberg/Aish/Broomhead will get it done. Adelaide walks away with dignity fully intact.

Although, I don't think that's wise by us since Howe fulfills an identical role and it's just not worth picking up Lever as a 2nd intercepting defender. Still would rather pick 5/6+Sidebottom for Patton, but like others have said GWS shouldn't let an elite young KPF go.

It would allow you to push Howe forward. The flow on effect could be quite good for you guys.

It would allow you to push Howe forward. The flow on effect could be quite good for you guys.
Howe has always been a bog average forward. Not sure how he's going to become a star in the position overnight. I reckon half our board would be calling for him to be delisted by now if we hadn't been forced to move him to defence because of injuries.

Howe has always been a bog average forward. Not sure how he's going to become a star in the position overnight. I reckon half our board would be calling for him to be delisted by now if we hadn't been forced to move him to defence because of injuries.

Not saying he will be a star forward but could play role and allow you to recruit a young gun KPD

Not saying he will be a star forward but could play role and allow you to recruit a young gun KPD
Would rather he stayed a gun defender and we recruited a gun forward tbh

Was one if the reasons Howe left Melbourne to play more forward? But agree, Lever isn't the most pressing need for Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies dont need lever. Against hawks they droped Ried because they had to many defenders.

Although Hawks and Dogs would be deep into conversations i would think. Both need to slot someone into CHB.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can forget about Aish being involved. He is not wanted !! Broomhead as well. Not up to it !! Pick 6 and Scharenberg doesn't get it done.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back