Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of speculation
It really isn't hard to put two and two together mate. Losing a Smith or a Hopper is the least of their worries with the talent already there and the future talent coming their way ... they need points. If both those players said they wished to leave, it wouldn't take much from their preferred club to get a deal done.

And their cap is bursting at the seams.

We are going to play taylor forward partly as we lack a 2nd kpf but partly as we have too many kpds we played 4 for a lot of last year.

Even with lonergan going we have henderson kolo stewart is a slot in player who plays tall and kpd is a good chance of being blicavs best spot with the ruck changes, and we have a good kid in gardner.

What we need is a good 2nd kpf and some good small/med fwds to fix our inefficient fwd line.

Id have thought we made our choice..and I agree our needs are elsewhere. Id have thought we would be more likely to seek out a Free Agent like Sam Reid than trade for an expensive KPD.

It really isn't hard to put two and two together mate. Losing a Smith or a Hopper is the least of their worries with the talent already there and the future talent coming their way ... they need points. If both those players said they wished to leave, it wouldn't take much from their preferred club to get a deal done.

I realise the salary cap squeeze I understand the scenario very well its not two plus two. Its going to depend how much they value those two long term wise both seem to be required players for mine. So getting them out quite unless they are willing to leave quite difficult the draft restrictions equate to a pick 17. That's not much for them. And they 100% guaranteed don't give away talent like that without a tidy return of first rd picks or a name player. A Motlop and 2nd rounder for smith a Mitch Duncan for hopper kind of deal I think would be required.

I realise the salary cap squeeze I understand the scenario very well its not two plus two. Its going to depend how much they value those two long term wise both seem to be required players for mine. So getting them out quite unless they are willing to leave quite difficult the draft restrictions equate to a pick 17. That's not much for them. And they 100% guaranteed don't give away talent like that without a tidy return of first rd picks or a name player. A Motlop and 2nd rounder for smith a Mitch Duncan for hopper kind of deal I think would be required.

Let's see how it unfolds then shall we.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/37b0ad012c530357582ef60a85bc5338

Rated as a top two pick last season price will be high

Yeah but Geelong won't be the only club after them. Other clubs have more money to offer and more in the way of trades. Don't think you'll be getting either unless a first round pick is exchanged.
Back to my previous point, which I clearly said that If he 'nominated'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they'll expect you to still pony up a first round pick or a player equivalent. They aren't going to just hand over a good young player for bugger all because you can't come up with a fair trade.
*smacks head*

You're still missing my point.

Your point is salary cap and they don't release those figures so its speculating.
Also who they want to release Johnson retires mzungu, DB trim some cap release a Matthew Kennedy for pick requirements for penalty maybe they lose a name player like Mumford to keep two instead of one. I feel Devon smith J.Cameron best mates hopper rated extremely highly. I think they have front running and options on those guys if they value them in core.

Lots of options if they want and value them it's by far a horrible jam. Just like we let caddy go this season.

Your point is salary cap and they don't release those figures so its speculating.
Ok, I get your point. Let's revisit this in 7 months.

Just because Zach Tuouy nominated Geelong, doesn't mean he got there for less than market value.

Perfect example un-contracted player that Carlton were not willing to budge money wise with or give four years too cost us a first rounder smedts. We got a 2nd back. Henderson first rounder you look at recent history tom Mitchell (14) brad hill all these guys we played a huge price for the incoming now you want to fleece GWS of two guys with 5x market value and arguably more talented for 2nd rounders to fix a pick 17 draft concession. I doubt it without a player involved or some big moves 4-2 makes us stuck negotiation wise

Yeah but Geelong won't be the only club after them. Other clubs have more money to offer and more in the way of trades. Don't think you'll be getting either unless a first round pick is exchanged.

Clubs will come hard and offer big deals I mean with Geelong's top end of Dangerfield, Selwood alone command around 1.7 mil cap minimum befores.

I think hopper could be offered 450-550 no problem over 3-4. And more if he has a treloar type second season. Devon smith would be on 600k plus this season so if he gets back to his best would command that and multiple years clubs have future pick options Geelong don't have as well.

Even with Henderson I think there's a need there - Lonergan and Taylor aren't getting any younger. Unless I'm forgetting about someone, which is entirely possible.

No but you under estimate Geelong's new found ability to play a completely unbalanced 22 in favour of our favoured players.

So Henderson is a CHB at Geelong with kolodashnij and lonergan KPD.
Taylor will play majority forward unless it breaks possible. Aaron black another option and we find a way to play blicavs, Smith and stanley in the one side. Its incredible to watch at times to watch them not fit yet occupy 20 odd games a year. And be surprised it doesn't work in finals.

Id have thought we made our choice..and I agree our needs are elsewhere. Id have thought we would be more likely to seek out a Free Agent like Sam Reid than trade for an expensive KPD.

I also heard some Gary Rohan whispers as well possibly another LTI potential bargain !

We are going to play taylor forward partly as we lack a 2nd kpf but partly as we have too many kpds we played 4 for a lot of last year.

Even with lonergan going we have henderson kolo stewart is a slot in player who plays tall and kpd is a good chance of being blicavs best spot with the ruck changes, and we have a good kid in gardner.

What we need is a good 2nd kpf and some good small/med fwds to fix our inefficient fwd line.

Yeah our KPD we probably have plenty of depth in as explained if we found another tall forward Taylor should really go back again. Lonergan likely moves on but on paper Hendo, Kolo, Taylor look fine. We might have too bite the bullet and draft and grow one ourselves for a change up.
Any reasonable player comes at a cost we probably cannot afford much at the moment trade wise. A free agent possible but once again inflated market value salary.

Stanley, Smith, Blicavs already in the side most likely throw black in the mix another mid tier player doesn't top this group out very well. You like Devon smith would help a lot big salary and probably costs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back