Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is that Gubby has him all but signed up to our netball side. He, like Gubby, will swiftly move himself into the AFL side within a few months. Perfect.
The Mayne reason he will choose collingwood is for Moore money. He could be a massive Steele for you guys. That's what I Reid into it. Personally I think we have Buckley's chance of keeping him. Howe could we possibly come up with that sort of cash. It's as good as Dunn

The Mayne reason he will choose collingwood is for Moore money. He could be a massive Steele for you guys. That's what I Reid into it. Personally I think we have Buckley's chance of keeping him. Howe could we possibly come up with that sort of cash. It's as good as Dunn

With that said, he's definitely a Lever. We could probably take Betts on it. With all your players who keep leaving, I'm surprised your cupboard isn't Blair.

But what will he cost us? Will we have to Crouch down and beg?

POTY, you win a Goldsack, wells you should anyway.

With that said, he's definitely a Lever. We could probably take Betts on it. With all your players who keep leaving, I'm surprised your cupboard isn't Blair.

But what will he cost us? Will we have to Crouch down and beg?

Really hoped he wouldn't be a Walker. We are in massive Danger of being seen as a club who loses too many players. Wish I could turn Bock the clock and Tippet in our favour.

Really hoped he wouldn't be a Walker. We are in massive Danger of being seen as a club who loses too many players. Wish I could turn Bock the clock and Tippet in our favour.

Not sure he'll want to come to us, though. We are a Sidebottom.

Wait, I mean Bottom Side.

Not sure he'll want to come to us, though. We are a Sidebottom.

Wait, I mean Bottom Side.

You at least have a great young ruckman. If grundy gets injured your in trouble.... guess your list manangers should have kept their Witts about them

You're a moron.
Resorting to hurling insults when people dare to suggest your club got it wrong? What are you, 8 years old?

Geelong were committed to getting him. $800k was what they and Danger had agreed to. If it was purely for money, we could have matched. Equally, if we were going to match, Geelong could increase their offer to a level beyond the Crows - but then they'd lose their salary parity and they couldn't also get Selwood, Smith and Henderson.
Good to see Adelaide were looking after Geelong's best interests then. Forget getting acceptable value for arguably the best player in the competition, take a lesser value offer so the poor old cats can get their other deals done.

We negotiated to get more return than just FA compo, which Geelong gave us so that they wouldn't have to get in a bidding war.
If you actually believe this, you really are a idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well no. I never received first hand information about O'Meara to Essendon. I never said O'Meara would be at Essendon. I would have liked for him to be but my biggest source is from Melbourne, that's why I generally speak about players they're targeting on here. Of course they're biased but if what I've heard is true they're in a good spot to get Lever if he chooses to leave.
We don't really have the tickets to get him. At best we'll have a draft pick around 9-11.

We don't really have the tickets to get him. At best we'll have a draft pick around 9-11.
From what I can gather the most likely deal is:

2018 1st + pick 30-odd + ANB for Lever + token draft pick/Wigg

Any word on if ANB will actually agree to go home? Are we paying part of his contract?
Not sure, but you guys think he's the one most likely to leave of the available options and no. He isn't contracted for next year so you can't

Not sure, but you guys think he's the one most likely to leave of the available options and no. He isn't contracted for next year so you can't
But if Adelaide sign ANB for bigger money than he'd get with us can't we pay part of that?

All this speculation is fun but if lever departs it won't be the dogs or dees.

He is eyeing a 'big' club IF he returns home.

You can take it to the bank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back