Recommitted Jake Lloyd [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t get all the Lloyd hype.

If we are drafting for SuperCoach the guy is definitely top 10, but he is definitely a beneficiary of the modern game where he can sit in the back 50 and get cheap uncontested ball.

I have a feeling he plays well in the Swans structure, but he may get found out in a different side?

I just don’t get all the Lloyd hype.

If we are drafting for SuperCoach the guy is definitely top 10, but he is definitely a beneficiary of the modern game where he can sit in the back 50 and get cheap uncontested ball.

I have a feeling he plays well in the Swans structure, but he may get found out in a different side?
He's a superior version of Witherden, although the latter is quite mediocre so...

Not sure, I think Lloyd is a decent player but not a match winner.

Still out of contract, with a few swans requesting out should mean more cash for him to stay
From what I've heard we easily have the cash for him to stay, just not sure we value his role at quite the same level as the offer he has on the table from another club. Word is he's looking at an offer around $650k - we won't match that for an undersized half back runner, but we might get close enough for him to sign on.

If Sydney can get a first rounder, or enough to match Blakey’s bid for him they should take it and run. Lloyd the most overrated player by AA selectors IMO. His defensive work seems to have improved but he’s not close to a defensive stopper, he’s small and poor 1 on 1, and he’s not even that good of a kick. Not incisive, not a long kick, not quick either. Reminds me of an AFL version of Ander Herrera although he’s not a Spanish campaigner.

Reckon they easily replace him and McVeigh next year by giving Mills and Newman the keys to the playmaking off half back duties. Heck, I even reckon they could throw Rohan down back where he has showed some good footy before, and their defence wouldn’t take a hit compared to how it is now with Lloyd.

If Sydney can get a first rounder, or enough to match Blakey’s bid for him they should take it and run. Lloyd the most overrated player by AA selectors IMO. His defensive work seems to have improved but he’s not close to a defensive stopper, he’s small and poor 1 on 1, and he’s not even that good of a kick. Not incisive, not a long kick, not quick either. Reminds me of an AFL version of Ander Herrera although he’s not a Spanish c*nt.

Reckon they easily replace him and McVeigh next year by giving Mills and Newman the keys to the playmaking off half back duties. Heck, I even reckon they could throw Rohan down back where he has showed some good footy before, and their defence wouldn’t take a hit compared to how it is now with Lloyd.

Mills needs to go into the midfield not be down back

Gas has requested a return to Melbourne/ Victoria for family reasons and no doubt will be accomodated so won’t be in Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back