Recommitted Jake Lloyd [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been in below average form so far this year, so not doing his asking price any favours., let alone a long contract

Also while Longmire loves him I have never rated him as highly. He isn't a bad player but he doesn't feel like a top 10 player at the Swans.
He's a seagull who is an alright defender. Statistically he looks good but when you have a deeper dive into it you can see he picks up a lot of cheapies and kick ins.

He can also be far too conservative with attacking plays breaking down because he is unwilling to pull the trigger.
Yeah as someone who had him a lot in supercoach I was happy with the conservative 20m to a bloke on his own but as an actual football decision it's not ideal

Jake Lloyd is an interesting FA this year.

Lloyd gets a lot of disposal because Sydney's game starts in the defensive 50. Ever since 2016/17 we would lose the midfield battle and rely on rebounds to score. Our worst games always came when Lloyd and Rampe would be our top disposal getters (Rampe is a significantly better defender fwiw). He would get easy uncontested possessions, kick-ins and would often be conservative by foot. He doesn't have the speed to break lines like the more flashy HBFs and is an average defender but he doesn't take the really dangerous small forwards.

If the price is right I'd keep him but if someone else wants him and we get a decent return, I don't honestly think I'll miss him

Also while Longmire loves him I have never rated him as highly. He isn't a bad player but he doesn't feel like a top 10 player at the Swans.
Has won or came second in 4 of the last 5 swans b and f. Is well and truely in top ten at club

He's a hard player to assess because although he's consistently in the best fantasy footy players I doubt he'd be in the best 10 small defenders in the league.

That being said he's neatly skilled, a nice kick and developed in a good system from a pretty mediocre junior.

Wouldn't blink if a club offered in the vicinity of 600-700k given his skillset and durability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the price is right I'd keep him but if someone else wants him and we get a decent return, I don't honestly think I'll miss him
I think most Swans fans would agree with you. Ideally I'd like another full season under Campbell's belt before we gave him more of Lloyd's responsibilities if the latter chose to leave but ultimately I'd be happy for the club to pay a loyal servant and consistent performer if it's not overs. We have so many talented youngsters off contract over the next couple of years though that Lloyd's deal would need to be heavily front loaded.

He's a hard player to assess because although he's consistently in the best fantasy footy players I doubt he'd be in the best 10 small defenders in the league.

That being said he's neatly skilled, a nice kick and developed in a good system from a pretty mediocre junior.

Wouldn't blink if a club offered in the vicinity of 600-700k given his skillset and durability.
600-700k for a seagull back pocket who is 29 this year? Whats his skill set chip kicks that slow down momentum? He is a good fantasy player but isn't anything special as a footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back